MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

437 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 11:24

This is likely to go one of two ways. Either we will lose or get away with a draw. In addition to that there's the option that we may win.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Oct 2020 11:33

Millsy This is likely to go one of two ways. Either we will lose or get away with a draw. In addition to that there's the option that we may win.

Jesus christ you are thick.

That means it will be one of three options.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 11:34

Simmops
Millsy This is likely to go one of two ways. Either we will lose or get away with a draw. In addition to that there's the option that we may win.

Jesus christ you are thick.

That means it will be one of three options.

Oh.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 27 Oct 2020 12:11

I'm trying to take a wider view of our excellent start and the fixtures ahead. We have four games in 12 days, starting tonight at Ewood Park. If we have seven wins at the next international break, we'll have a minimum of 22 points from our first ten games, which would be an excellent return. Eight wins even better. How we get those 2 or 3 wins from Blackburn (a), Coventry (a), Stoke (h), Preston (h) I don't know, have a feeling tonight might be our first L though.

After the international break, we play three of the top seven.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 12:12

Sky Bet are streaming the game tonight. You don't have to bet, just log in.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Oct 2020 12:12

Old Man Andrews Sky Bet are streaming the game tonight. You don't have to bet, just log in.

Its on the red button/Sky Sports App anyway, isn't it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 12:13

Hendo
Old Man Andrews Sky Bet are streaming the game tonight. You don't have to bet, just log in.

For those who don't have a Sky subscription (like myself) it is quite handy.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Oct 2020 12:14

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Ah of course, fair enough.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Oct 2020 12:15

Sanguine I'm trying to take a wider view of our excellent start and the fixtures ahead. We have four games in 12 days, starting tonight at Ewood Park. If we have seven wins at the next international break, we'll have a minimum of 22 points from our first ten games, which would be an excellent return. Eight wins even better. How we get those 2 or 3 wins from Blackburn (a), Coventry (a), Stoke (h), Preston (h) I don't know, have a feeling tonight might be our first L though.

After the international break, we play three of the top seven.

The good thing of course is that all clubs are in the same boat so will be switching amongst their squads.
We have done a bit of that already but,like Liverpool and City, I expect the defence to remain largely unaltered and changes only to be in the attacking areas.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 12:16

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I am wondering if there will be relentless pop up's though. Every 10 seconds I might be encouraged to bet on the next yellow card or corner.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Oct 2020 12:21

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews For those who don't have a Sky subscription (like myself) it is quite handy.

I am wondering if there will be relentless pop up's though. Every 10 seconds I might be encouraged to bet on the next yellow card or corner.

Can you bet on moans coming from the Upper West?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2020 12:27

Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal
Mr Angry
We did "qualify" for European competition at the end of that season, but turned down the chance of being entered into the Intertoto Cup, with Blackburn taking the place up instead.

So I think it is fair to say that Coppell definitely did not want us to qualify for European competition....

I still think that defeatist attitude contributed to relegation next year. We would have been forced to recruit better players for the European campaign and it would have kept the feelgood vibe at the club.

Near the start of the following season, we lost 3-0 at home to a West Ham side who had barely survived the season before, and SSC came out and said we couldn't be expected to compete with the likes of them. Our transformation from fearless overachievers to anxious relegation battlers was complete.

I don't disagree with that; the passing of the Years has not dimmed the sense of a major opportunity squandered in the Summer of 2007/08 that was felt at the time - that we needed to strengthen the side rather than assume (even with the loss of Sidwell) that the squad would still be good enough for the following campaign.

It was a disastrous mis-calculation on behalf of all concerned at the Club at the time, because we had the chance to have become a reasonably well established Premier League team, and I am not sure that chance will ever come around again.

It was a real double blow of not doing enough to strengthen and what we did failing.

Take just Fae for example - if he isn't a disruptive heap of shit, maybe we stay up. It didn't need much and a half decent Sidwell replacement could have done it. Or a better signing than Duberry in defence.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Oct 2020 12:29

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews For those who don't have a Sky subscription (like myself) it is quite handy.

Never done it so wouldn't know, but I guess there might be something coming up from the bottom screen with latest offers. You know like when a second half starts on the TV games and it runs through the line-ups or something like that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2020 12:31

Feeling a bit pessimistic and that the run will come to an end tonight. However, we will be fine and will bounce back against Coventry.

Take a draw all day long.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 27 Oct 2020 12:36

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal I still think that defeatist attitude contributed to relegation next year. We would have been forced to recruit better players for the European campaign and it would have kept the feelgood vibe at the club.

Near the start of the following season, we lost 3-0 at home to a West Ham side who had barely survived the season before, and SSC came out and said we couldn't be expected to compete with the likes of them. Our transformation from fearless overachievers to anxious relegation battlers was complete.

I don't disagree with that; the passing of the Years has not dimmed the sense of a major opportunity squandered in the Summer of 2007/08 that was felt at the time - that we needed to strengthen the side rather than assume (even with the loss of Sidwell) that the squad would still be good enough for the following campaign.

It was a disastrous mis-calculation on behalf of all concerned at the Club at the time, because we had the chance to have become a reasonably well established Premier League team, and I am not sure that chance will ever come around again.

It was a real double blow of not doing enough to strengthen and what we did failing.

Take just Fae for example - if he isn't a disruptive heap of shit, maybe we stay up. It didn't need much and a half decent Sidwell replacement could have done it. Or a better signing than Duberry in defence.

Didnt Coppell say he was offered money, but chose not to spend. Was a very big mistake and is a chink in his God status.

Along with always playing the same players towards the end of 2008/9

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Oct 2020 12:38

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Red Button picture quality is awful

What is Skybet like?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 12:39

bcubed
Hendo

What is Skybet like?

Must be the same feed I'd have thought. Will be watching on a phone so maybe the smaller screen will make a standard definition picture look better. I will provide a full review later.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Oct 2020 12:40

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Never done it so wouldn't know, but I guess there might be something coming up from the bottom screen with latest offers. You know like when a second half starts on the TV games and it runs through the line-ups or something like that.

I don't think you'll get any of this. It'll just be like watching it on iFollow, but without the dulcet tones of Tim and Mick.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Oct 2020 12:48

bcubed
Hendo

What is Skybet like?

No problem with picture quality on SkySports App, albeit it is on the phone so a bit of a pain. If was on a tablet, wouldn't be a problem at all.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 12:53

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I'd rather pay £10 for ifollow, if that's still an option. Will it be, or is it not allowed if Sky are showing it?

437 posts