We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2020 22:08

BR0B0T
Old Man Andrews United have been really good against Leipzig. Rashford has been lethal since coming on, delighted for him.

8) Hatrick for Rashford as sub

5-0

United were magnificent. Wonder if their elite players are going to be more suited to the Champions League this season? They seem to play with less intensity in the Premier League for some reason.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Oct 2020 08:29

Simmops Leipzig really arent a good team though tbh. They've done nothing in football.

Currently top of the Bundesliga.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Oct 2020 08:34

Hendo
Simmops Leipzig really arent a good team though tbh. They've done nothing in football.

Currently top of the Bundesliga.

That wont last too much longer

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Oct 2020 09:14

CL semi-finalists last season, just four years after their promotion to the Bundesliga. And they have won of the best young coaches in the world in Nagelsmann. This is no fluke.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 29 Oct 2020 12:23

Sanguine CL semi-finalists last season, just four years after their promotion to the Bundesliga. And they have won of the best young coaches in the world in Nagelsmann. This is no fluke.

that jacket tho... :?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Oct 2020 15:55

Quite a result for Man Utd when in the first half Leipzig looked threatening but their passing was erratic.
Didn't watch the second half but Rashford could probably walk on water right now.

I noticed Greenwood crossing himself after he scored-is it still predominantly a Roman Catholic club Brobot?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Nov 2020 18:39

In the bottom six again

Isn’t this becoming the ‘norm’ early doors each season?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2020 18:51

Playing against United is so simple nowadays, just put everyone behind the ball, don’t give the ref a reason to give them a penalty and the chances are you’ll get something

There are so many players who are so far away from being good enough. Fred and McTominay for a start. I’ll find it hard to be convinced AWB is good enough, Lindelof etc etc

Always find United look a lot more composed with Matic and Mata on the pitch, but those two rarely seem to get a look in

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2020 18:53

1 in 12 points at OT...very poor

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Nov 2020 18:54

BR0B0T 1 in 12 points at OT...very poor

Chelsea must be poor - everyone else gets a bye at Old Trafford :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Nov 2020 18:59

Don't understand how they go from the performance against Leipzig to that one against Arsenal. United are so poor at times, not sure OGS knows his best team or how to motivate the players properly.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2020 19:01

URZZZZ Playing against United is so simple nowadays, just put everyone behind the ball, don’t give the ref a reason to give them a penalty and the chances are you’ll get something

There are so many players who are so far away from being good enough. Fred and McTominay for a start. I’ll find it hard to be convinced AWB is good enough, Lindelof etc etc

Always find United look a lot more composed with Matic and Mata on the pitch, but those two rarely seem to get a look in

McTominay is a Championship midfielder. Fred was really good against Leipzig and has been playing well as the right-sided box to box Playing the two together is something I always dislike

Tuanzabe is much better then Lindelof or Maguire but has been out injured for a year. Maguire is shit, Leicester robbed us.

AWB was MOTM against PSG and was great last season up to the lockdown and then he was shit. Very poor today (average at best)

I don't really have a lot of faith in Olé if I'm honest. I want him to do well but far from convinced. If he can come out and explain why McTominay stayed on the pitch for 90 mins.

Mata is done at this level against decent teams...just doesn't have the legs and is easily knocked off the ball

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2020 19:04

Old Man Andrews

Don't understand how they go from the performance against Leipzig to that one against Arsenal. United are so poor at times, not sure OGS knows his best team or how to motivate the players properly.

I didn’t watch Leipzig so can’t tell but I guess Leipzig tried to attack United leaving space behind for them to counter attack?

That’s where United are at their best, hence them doing the double over City and Chelsea last year

They really struggle to break teams down excluding set pieces who come to frustrate them

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2020 19:06

BR0B0T
URZZZZ Playing against United is so simple nowadays, just put everyone behind the ball, don’t give the ref a reason to give them a penalty and the chances are you’ll get something

McTominay is a Championship midfielder. Fred was really good against Leipzig and has been playing well as the right-sided box to box Playing the two together is something I always dislike

Tuanzabe is much better then Lindelof or Maguire but has been out injured for a year. Maguire is shit, Leicester robbed us.

AWB was MOTM against PSG and was great last season up to the lockdown and then he was shit. Very poor today (average at best)

I don't really have a lot of faith in Olé if I'm honest. I want him to do well but far from convinced. If he can come out and explain why McTominay stayed on the pitch for 90 mins.

Mata is done at this level against decent teams...just doesn't have the legs and is easily knocked off the ball

I think the problem is Mata is mainly used nowadays with the likes of Lingard, Ighalo etc, a very disjointed team

He seems to have really good cohesion with Fernandes when they play together, and according to reports, was one of United’s stronger players against Newcastle and Chelsea (last two league games)

Obviously he’s fallen in quality to what he was, but he’s one of the few players in your squad who I think can play between the lines

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Nov 2020 19:11

I’d love to gloat on here, but I prefer United to Arsenal :| .

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2020 19:23

URZZZZ
BR0B0T

I think the problem is Mata is mainly used nowadays with the likes of Lingard, Ighalo etc, a very disjointed team

He seems to have really good cohesion with Fernandes when they play together, and according to reports, was one of United’s stronger players against Newcastle and Chelsea (last two league games)

Obviously he’s fallen in quality to what he was, but he’s one of the few players in your squad who I think can play between the lines

No offense but this would be like me commenting on Reading, I don't watch enough to know

Can't rem the last time Lingard started, barely played. Ighalo has also not featured much and rarely starts.

United were 1-1 with Newcastle until the subs came on. Mata did nothing in the first 60 mins. The right side is dead when he plays, he's not a winger and always comes inside. No.10 is the only position you could play him at as he does have skillz

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Nov 2020 19:59

You get the impression that there is no strategy for building a side at Man Utd-just go out and buy anybody who will cost £50 million or more because they must be good.
Keane was his usual self with his post-match comments but, like Souness, he does tell things as they are-I did like it that he hated players referring to their manager (Mikel) by his first name.

Out of touch with the modern game?
Yes but he is good value for TV entertainment and I did agree with him that managers shouldn't have to motivate very expensive footballers, they should be motivating themselves out of personal pride in their work.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2020 23:11

BR0B0T
URZZZZ
BR0B0T

No offense but this would be like me commenting on Reading, I don't watch enough to know

Can't rem the last time Lingard started, barely played. Ighalo has also not featured much and rarely starts.

United were 1-1 with Newcastle until the subs came on. Mata did nothing in the first 60 mins. The right side is dead when he plays, he's not a winger and always comes inside. No.10 is the only position you could play him at as he does have skillz

Fair enough but United are on the telly slightly more than Reading are :wink:

Think one of your problems is you have too many players who play in the same position, no real out and out wingers, a lot of players who can play CM/CAM
Surprised there wasn’t more interest in Partey TBH from clubs like United

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Nov 2020 23:57

URZZZZ
BR0B0T
URZZZZ

Fair enough but United are on the telly slightly more than Reading are :wink:

Think one of your problems is you have too many players who play in the same position, no real out and out wingers, a lot of players who can play CM/CAM
Surprised there wasn’t more interest in Partey TBH from clubs like United

I don't think the manager gets to choose who they get...think Woodward treats it as a game of Championship Manager

Recruitment is truly woeful! Think Olé really didn't want VdB hence not playing him over shit like James and McTominay

Cavani was a panic buy...if he was planned then how come we didn't buy him in time to sort his Covid isolation period

Olé wanted a CB, RW & CDM...he got none of those positions

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Nov 2020 10:30

Haven't won in 6 league games at OT now since thrashing Bournemouth in June. Can't have happened for a long time.

5752 posts