12%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 148
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by Sutekh » 29 Oct 2020 20:36

Tilehurstsouthbank Very late to the party that is this thread. Originally I would've posted underwhelmed but now how can I not be overwhelmed? What a start!
The players seem to be buying into the managers philosophy and tactics and we seem to be a much tighter, hungrier unit. I'm starting to get that feeling a la 1992-93/2005/06!

Why 92/93?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Oct 2020 20:37

exileinleeds
Barney As far as I am concerned...I would expect his middle name to start with an I :D

Solid bloke. Fantastic start to his career at Reading. Am hoping this is the start of something special. As of right now, nothing
but praise for the guy from me.

Let's be honest, 99.9% of nobbers are absolutely loving this :D

I wouldn't say that- but even I would eat a McDonald's if Pauno thought it would help the team keep this up.

Can't stay under the radar now tho, there is a puff piece about him on the BBC Championship site.

Not sure eating a McDonald’s would have any bearing on Reading’s form

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Oct 2020 20:49

WoodleyRoyal Veljko Paunović (7) has won more league matches in charge of Reading than Paul Clement (6)

Gomes won 8
bowen 13

Rodgers only won 5 league games and Bullivant only 10, think Tommy Burns managed 18 league wins in his 18 months at the club.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Oct 2020 22:17

Sutekh
WoodleyRoyal Veljko Paunović (7) has won more league matches in charge of Reading than Paul Clement (6)

Gomes won 8
bowen 13

Rodgers only won 5 league games and Bullivant only 10, think Tommy Burns managed 18 league wins in his 18 months at the club.

Blimey, is that all Rodgers won? Seems a lifetime ago.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Oct 2020 23:17

SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh

Gomes won 8
bowen 13

Has gone on to be a top manager though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Oct 2020 23:22

Lower West
SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh

Has gone on to be a top manager though.

Swansea was the perfect fit for him, having played a similar style under Roberto Martinez the year before
Was the making of him

Think his style was just too different to Coppell’s before. Almost impossible to implement such a radical change of style in such a short period of time. I think he could have made a success of himself here if given time but the risk of relegation became too much

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 30 Oct 2020 00:03

I am so over oxf*rd whelmed right now. ANd voted that way way back when.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 30 Oct 2020 14:07

Sutekh
Tilehurstsouthbank Very late to the party that is this thread. Originally I would've posted underwhelmed but now how can I not be overwhelmed? What a start!
The players seem to be buying into the managers philosophy and tactics and we seem to be a much tighter, hungrier unit. I'm starting to get that feeling a la 1992-93/2005/06!

Why 92/93?

Sorry, that should read 93/94. The season Jimmy Quinn banged in 40 odd goals and we won the old div.2

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Nov 2020 01:26

Just watching Ted Lasso (superb btw, highly recommend it!) and with the fictional coach moving across the pond from America and all the cultural changes it got me thinking - is Paunovic still living at the Mad Stad?

That’s really, really sh1t if that is the case - I mean it’s hardly third world problems but it’s a cruddy place to be living with all that Blighty has to offer.

Does anyone know otherwise and if he is still couped up there; should we get him a nandos voucher or organise some christmas drinks or something?

Nobody wants to be spending the festive season alone and the Madejski is pretty oxf*rd bleak.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Nov 2020 07:57

royalp-we Just watching Ted Lasso (superb btw, highly recommend it!) and with the fictional coach moving across the pond from America and all the cultural changes it got me thinking - is Paunovic still living at the Mad Stad?

That’s really, really sh1t if that is the case - I mean it’s hardly third world problems but it’s a cruddy place to be living with all that Blighty has to offer.

Does anyone know otherwise and if he is still couped up there; should we get him a nandos voucher or organise some christmas drinks or something?

Nobody wants to be spending the festive season alone and the Madejski is pretty oxf*rd bleak.

Would be happy to throw in a fiver for a Nandos voucher or similar. Let me know what you decide. Off topic, but talking of hotels, does anyone know what the deal with hotel bars are during the latest lockdown?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Nov 2020 08:15

royalp-we Just watching Ted Lasso (superb btw, highly recommend it!) and with the fictional coach moving across the pond from America and all the cultural changes it got me thinking - is Paunovic still living at the Mad Stad?

My friend is in that show. I think he might be a main character. His name is Phil Dunster.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Nov 2020 08:54

Jamie Tartt!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2020 15:02

I'm whelmed.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Jan 2021 20:58

42% underwhelmed

May need a new poll

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2021 21:06

Fair play to him. He's done well. Recovered the little dips.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Jan 2021 21:58

The Serbinator strikes again

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Jan 2021 23:15

Anyone still up for chipping in for a nandos voucher?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 00:00

I think we need to get him tied down on a longer term contract before a top flight side sack their manager, there is certain to be interest. Christ we extended Bowens after about 10 games or whatever it was.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2021 00:04

No point using long contracts with managers. It doesn't achieve anything other than increase their pay out if they get sacked.

If one year rolling is good enough for Coppell it's good enough for Pauno.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 00:07

Rare agreed with Ian :shock: and 1 year rolling is perfect for a manager these days.

242 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:45