Any updates?

141 posts
Born Again Royalist

Re: Any updates?

by Born Again Royalist » 01 Nov 2020 00:49

Anything in Boris's edict today that might affect the behind closed doors to be on hold?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 01 Nov 2020 08:29

Elite sport is set to continue

Unless you play bowls

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 05 Nov 2020 17:43

tidus_mi2
bcubed Before Friday

Unbeaten
Everything has fallen into place
Every shot goes in
Nearly every shot on our goal is blocked or saved

On Sky

All goes to shit
Making chances. Not finishing them
All their shots go in

By that logic, we have nothing to worry about on Wednesday.

How did it go on Wednesday?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Nov 2020 18:27

Sebastian the Red
tidus_mi2
bcubed Before Friday

Unbeaten
Every shot goes in

On Sky

All goes to shit
All their shots go in

I'm pretending it didn't happen.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 05 Nov 2020 18:34

Sebastian the Red
tidus_mi2
bcubed Before Friday

Unbeaten
Every shot goes in

On Sky

All goes to shit
All their shots go in

We got our old Reading back.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 Nov 2020 19:26

Charter boat fishing has been stopped until at least the 2nd December. Tough on the professional boat skippers who also had to stop for 2 months earlier in the year and who received no financial help.

Just more victims of this insane lockdown.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 07 Nov 2020 21:43

Are we still going up?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Nov 2020 21:49

SouthDownsRoyal Are we still going up?

All signs point to no.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Nov 2020 23:41

andrew1957 Charter boat fishing has been stopped until at least the 2nd December. Tough on the professional boat skippers who also had to stop for 2 months earlier in the year and who received no financial help.

Whats insane about it? Most of Europe is in the same position.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Nov 2020 09:31

andrew1957 Charter boat fishing has been stopped until at least the 2nd December. Tough on the professional boat skippers who also had to stop for 2 months earlier in the year and who received no financial help.

:?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Nov 2020 15:08

Jagermesiter1871

40,000 disease experts and scientists have signed the Great Barrington Declaration opposing lockdown and so when you are told the Government is following the science this is untrue. They are just following one scientific view and many thousands of scientists disagree with that view.

Far more will die In the years ahead from the economic effects of the global lockdowns and from other untreated health conditions than from coronavirus.

And the truth is that all the lockdowns will achieve at best is to give mainly very old people a few more years as the average age of death from Covid so far in the UK has been between somewhere between 82.4 and 85.5.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 08 Nov 2020 16:21

andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871

40,000 disease experts and scientists have signed the Great Barrington Declaration opposing lockdown and so when you are told the Government is following the science this is untrue. They are just following one scientific view and many thousands of scientists disagree with that view.

Far more will die In the years ahead from the economic effects of the global lockdowns and from other untreated health conditions than from coronavirus.

And the truth is that all the lockdowns will achieve at best is to give mainly very old people a few more years as the average age of death from Covid so far in the UK has been between somewhere between 82.4 and 85.5.

you are clearly one of the "disease experts".
While we are on it. Reading should be 100% record so far, and where but for false goals scored by the corrupt opposition and the crooked referees who should be locked up. Make Reading Great Again

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Nov 2020 16:28

SWLR
andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871

you are clearly one of the "disease experts".
While we are on it. Reading should be 100% record so far, and where but for false goals scored by the corrupt opposition and the crooked referees who should be locked up. Make Reading Great Again

How is anything that he’s said wrong :| he’s right.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Nov 2020 16:52

andrew1957

SOURCE?

I find the above figures laughable.

But whether they are or not you need to look at "LONG-Covid" which is a biological time-bomb.

I'm a sufferer and it is utter, utter shit. I showed my first symptoms of Covid March 4th, and I am STILL very unwell. I was in hospital Thursday.

I have had half a dozen blood tests, three XRays, ECGs, a walk-test, A lung-function test, and echogram of my heart to check for valve damage etc etc

Covid is hitting YOUNG FIT people too, and in a big way. It is particularly bad for sportsman and active people who think they are over Covid and go back to training.

The pattern is(for those not getting seriously ill/dying first pass)

Get Covid be sick for 3-20 days
Figure you're a bit off, but "that's just getting over Covid" 1-4 weeks.
Hey I'm better
Start working out again.
Around three months from original infection - CRASH!

Before I got got Covid I alternated days. Day 1 was usually a 10-mile walk, Day 2 a 2-5 mile run, with walking to top up my steps.
In early March when I was in Sicily I went up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day.

NOW?

I still cannot run at all, not 100 yards. I have joint pains, bone pains, muscle pains, stupefying cramps, headaches, breathlessness, brain-fog, slurred speech (occasionally) horrible spots, bleeds, random shooting pains, chest pains, difficulty expanding my chest, chronic insomnia, the most extreme dreams in my life, taste issue, smelling things that aren't there, visual disturbances.

I am totally oxf*rd. After eight months.

There is no way on this planet I could do a typical 40-Hour working week.

And I've seen estimates as high as 15% , that is up to 15% of people contracting Covid are getting Long-Covid, and, so far, there is NO treatment.

We will probably reach 2 Million, maybe 3 million officially infected... that will mean up to half-0a-million people, those who LIVE, barely able to function

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Nov 2020 17:50

Snowball
andrew1957

SOURCE?

But whether they are or not you need to look at "LONG-Covid" which is a biological time-bomb.

I'm a sufferer and it is utter, utter shit. I showed my first symptoms of Covid March 4th, and I am STILL very unwell. I was in hospital Thursday.

I have had half a dozen blood tests, three XRays, ECGs, a walk-test, A lung-function test, and echogram of my heart to check for valve damage etc etc

Covid is hitting YOUNG FIT people too, and in a big way. It is particularly bad for sportsman and active people who think they are over Covid and go back to training.

Hey I'm better
Start working out again.

Before I got got Covid I alternated days. Day 1 was usually a 10-mile walk, Day 2 a 2-5 mile run, with walking to top up my steps.
In early March when I was in Sicily I went up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day.

NOW?

I still cannot run at all, not 100 yards. I have joint pains, bone pains, muscle pains, stupefying cramps, headaches, breathlessness, brain-fog, slurred speech (occasionally) horrible spots, bleeds, random shooting pains, chest pains, difficulty expanding my chest, chronic insomnia, the most extreme dreams in my life, taste issue, smelling things that aren't there, visual disturbances.

And I've seen estimates as high as 15% , that is up to 15% of people contracting Covid are getting Long-Covid, and, so far, there is NO treatment.

We will probably reach 2 Million, maybe 3 million officially infected... that will mean up to half-0a-million people, those who LIVE, barely able to function

No one thinks other than Covid is a horrid illness for a small minority and I am truly sorry that you are one of those who has suffered but you also need to think of all those who have lost jobs through no fault of their own and will go on to lose their homes and futures.

Even I was shocked by the average age at death from Covid in the UK was so old, But just google this and you will find many references to the 82.4 figure and the 85.5 number was quoted by a pro lockdown virologist on the radio recently as a more recent update. Even during this year less than 1 in 10 UK deaths have been Covid related. Far more have died from cancer than Covid this year but we have never closed the economy down because of cancer or flu or any other disease.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Nov 2020 18:23

andrew1957
Snowball
andrew1957

SOURCE?

Hey I'm better
Start working out again.

NOW?

No one thinks other than Covid is a horrid illness for a small minority and I am truly sorry that you are one of those who has suffered but you also need to think of all those who have lost jobs through no fault of their own and will go on to lose their homes and futures.

Even I was shocked by the average age at death from Covid in the UK was so old, But just google this and you will find many references to the 82.4 figure and the 85.5 number was quoted by a pro lockdown virologist on the radio recently as a more recent update. Even during this year less than 1 in 10 UK deaths have been Covid related. Far more have died from cancer than Covid this year but we have never closed the economy down because of cancer or flu or any other disease.

Cancer usually isn’t infectious. And we have closed the economy down for pandemic flu in the past.

It’s difficult to foresee the economic costs of the pandemic outweighing the mortality of letting it run unchecked. The deaths associated with the 2008 financial crisis for example are much, much lower than the deaths we’ve seen from COVID.

And the idea that letting it run unchecked wouldn’t have other health or economic impacts is naive. Hospitals and doctors surgeries would have to take the same steps they are taking now even if the government didn’t force them, and people would naturally be changing their behaviour to avoid a large part of the economic activity they have been avoiding. I have been working from home for eight months now even when the government was encouraging us to go back to the office. You look at Sweden where there haven’t been formal lockdowns but people have still stopped going to cafes and there has still been a huge recession (unemployment is up nearly 50% on last year). Our problems aren’t going to go away if we start pretending they don’t exist.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2020 20:33

andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871

Didn't have you down as a Trumpite Brexiteer

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 Nov 2020 21:08

Er, he is. One or two on the Team Board. Needed on AE to set out how great things will be on January 1, at the end of the transition period. Bye bye Covid blues.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Nov 2020 22:36

andrew1957

4.1% are dying. Up to 15% (that we know of) are getting Long-Covid

I think 19.1% is hardly "a small minority"... It's THIRTEEN MILLION people SO FAR and that could yet double.

As for not needing to shut down... we have had going on 70,000 deaths despite having the first lockdown, more and more stringent things, like masking, six foot distance, can't have gigs, plays, live sport etc, then all the different tier lockdowns and now Lockdown2.

Had we not had the lockdowns and the restrictions, the NHS would have collapsed.

It's well worth visiting one of the Facebook groups for Long-Haulers (try Long Covid Support Group - say a partner is a ling-hauler)

What's scary is almost ALL the Long haulers are 20-60, not ancient. I've lost count of triathletes, runners etc who have fallen off a cliff.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Nov 2020 09:30

Snowball
andrew1957

4.1% are dying. Up to 15% (that we know of) are getting Long-Covid

I think 19.1% is hardly "a small minority"... It's THIRTEEN MILLION people SO FAR and that could yet double.

As for not needing to shut down... we have had going on 70,000 deaths despite having the first lockdown, more and more stringent things, like masking, six foot distance, can't have gigs, plays, live sport etc, then all the different tier lockdowns and now Lockdown2.

Had we not had the lockdowns and the restrictions, the NHS would have collapsed.

It's well worth visiting one of the Facebook groups for Long-Haulers (try Long Covid Support Group - say a partner is a ling-hauler)

What's scary is almost ALL the Long haulers are 20-60, not ancient. I've lost count of triathletes, runners etc who have fallen off a cliff.

I was gong to leave this but what worries me is that people like you spreading incorrect stats is causing many people to suffer from increasingly irrational fear over what for most is a very mild disease.

The facts are that 1 in 7 have Covid symptoms for 4 weeks, 1 in 20 for 8 weeks and 1 in 50 for more than12 weeks. And that is just the proportions of known cases. For every person who tests positive it is estimated that 10 people are either asymptomatic or get very mild symptoms and are never tested. I know a number of people who were not ill enough to get a test and so have paid for private antibody tests and come back positive but whom have never been significantly ill.

The overall death rate is the more likely to end up nearer 0.4% than 4% and the vast majority of those that die will be aged over 85. Even now the official death rate below age 75 is minuscule - way below 1%.

There is no guarantee we will ever have an effective vaccine and so we will need to learn to live with this disease and so the only viable way forwards is for better test and trace and for those who feel vulnerable and choose to shield to be supported as best we can. We cannot lockdown forever and we already have a National Debt in excess of £2 trillion which can never ever be repaid. The greatest risk we face over the next few years is very high inflation or even hyperinflation as money printing goes into overdrive as the economy collapses. Then tell me there will not be far more deaths from economic depravation than from Covid.

141 posts