BFTT Bournemouth

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTT Bournemouth

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Nov 2020 17:03

Zip From being top and seven points clear we are now sixth.

Could be down as far as 11th if we lose the next one.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 17:08

Ascotexgunner

We are four clear of 8th place.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Nov 2020 17:24

Just lost 4 in a row and still only two points off top... Not really sure what to say about that. Looked comfortable until they scored then just went to shit. Even then we would've come away with a draw it it wasn't for a great save from Begovic.

Think people are being too harsh on Esteves. The majority of Bournemouth's goals this season have come from that side, and he did a good job in the first half.

First goal was a great cross, which Moore was a mm away from dealing with, then basically just hit Solanke and went in. Second goal was shite GKing. Third goal was just unstoppable, not even a chance of shutting him down. Fourth goal was an embarrassment.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Nov 2020 17:27

Pepe the Horseman Just lost 4 in a row and still only two points off top... Not really sure what to say about that. Looked comfortable until they scored then just went to shit. Even then we would've come away with a draw it it wasn't for a great save from Begovic.

Think people are being too harsh on Esteves. The majority of Bournemouth's goals this season have come from that side, and he did a good job in the first half.

First goal was a great cross, which Moore was a mm away from dealing with, then basically just hit Solanke and went in. Second goal was shite GKing. Third goal was just unstoppable, not even a chance of shutting him down. Fourth goal was an embarrassment.

Exactly if we had not made basic errors we'd have got a minimum of a point today.

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 21 Nov 2020 17:30

Esteves & Aluko not a wise combination. If we're going to play the talented but inexperienced right-back, surely we need someone a bit more defensively minded in front of him ? Or if he wants Aluko, need more of an out-and-out defender at right back.

retro royal

by retro royal » 21 Nov 2020 17:31

Won't bother picking on Esteves again, think everyone can see he's not ready for this level of football. However with Yiadom breaking down with his knee again we are in trouble.

Semedo, just ran out of steam, doesn't look fit enough or mobile enough to play the number 10 role, maybe should have come off after his pulled muscle, we seriously have lack of depth down the right, surprised we haven't seen Tetek come on,

Rafael, time for a rest, Southwood brought up playing with his feet under Stam's era where the u23's copied first teams style of play

Agreed with what others are saying about Joao, but maybe told to conserve energy lots of games in a short period coming up and we need him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 17:37

Has Yiadom broken down again?

I think I’m swaying towards Holmes over Esteves atm tbh

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 17:38

Royal_jimmy
Pepe the Horseman Just lost 4 in a row and still only two points off top... Not really sure what to say about that. Looked comfortable until they scored then just went to shit. Even then we would've come away with a draw it it wasn't for a great save from Begovic.

Exactly if we had not made basic errors we'd have got a minimum of a point today.

The trouble is you could say that after Coventry, Preston and Stoke. It keeps happening and we keep conceding.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Nov 2020 17:41

Zip
Royal_jimmy

The trouble is you could say that after Coventry, Preston and Stoke. It keeps happening and we keep conceding.

Almost makes it worse, because there's no obvious way out of it.

yuomi

by yuomi » 21 Nov 2020 17:44

Only able to watch the first half so left the house in a pretty good mood. Got back and switched on 20 seconds before Rafael gave Solanke his early Christmas present with one of the most abysmal bits of keeping since I last played in sticks.

It's not just that we've now lost 4 in a row and conceded 15 in our last 5 - those 15 goals have come from 24 shots on target.

It's not a leak, it's a fcuking flood. Something has to change. I think RB is a serious weakness. Esteves has looked positionally unaware since he came into the team, he can't track a man, and he's too slight. I'd still play him further up with Yids or Holmes RB if we have to play him as he's got good feet and can cross well. Rafael has now also earned some time on the bench. On this form it might not be too soon to get him talking to Moore's sports psychologist because I'd take van der Kwaak out of retirement over this.

It's the same it's been for years, mentally fragile, quick to run out of puff and error strewn, but worse because we've seen glimpses of what this squad can be capable of.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 17:46

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Royal_jimmy

Almost makes it worse, because there's no obvious way out of it.

It’s inexcusable for it to keep happening. These are not errors that should be recurring at this level.

Rax

by Rax » 21 Nov 2020 17:55

yuomi Only able to watch the first half so left the house in a pretty good mood. Got back and switched on 20 seconds before Rafael gave Solanke his early Christmas present with one of the most abysmal bits of keeping since I last played in sticks.

It's not just that we've now lost 4 in a row and conceded 15 in our last 5 - those 15 goals have come from 24 shots on target.

It's not a leak, it's a fcuking flood. Something has to change. I think RB is a serious weakness. Esteves has looked positionally unaware since he came into the team, he can't track a man, and he's too slight. I'd still play him further up with Yids or Holmes RB if we have to play him as he's got good feet and can cross well. Rafael has now also earned some time on the bench. On this form it might not be too soon to get him talking to Moore's sports psychologist because I'd take van der Kwaak out of retirement over this.

It's the same it's been for years, mentally fragile, quick to run out of puff and error strewn, but worse because we've seen glimpses of what this squad can be capable of.

One nail hit on head.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 18:09

For years when the going has got tough this lot have sat down and given up.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Nov 2020 18:33

Ascotexgunner

11th is still an improvement on last season. If you want a guaranteed championship yo-yo club, or mid table premier league club, or even top four premier league club, other clubs are available.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 18:37

I would be interested to know our record in live sky games in the last few seasons, i would guess it`s pretty shocking, we had the Cardiff and QPR wins last season but off the top of my head I can`t think of any others.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Nov 2020 18:47

Hound Has Yiadom broken down again?

I'm 100% on Holmes over Esteves. Was crucial in our solid defensive start, I bet if he starts the next game we get a clean sheet.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Nov 2020 18:49

Snowflake Royal For years when the going has got tough this lot have sat down and given up.

Who even is this lot? Moore and Meite? The rest of the 11 have been around 2 years at most.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Nov 2020 18:51

CountryRoyal
Hound Has Yiadom broken down again?

I'm 100% on Holmes over Esteves. Was crucial in our solid defensive start, I bet if he starts the next game we get a clean sheet.

Yup. Personally I'd swap Esteves, Aluko and Semedo for Holmes, Meite and Olise. I.e the team we had for the majority of our opening run. If Rafael has another clanger I would drop him the following game. And if Holmes looks a liability bring in Yiadom.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 19:27

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal For years when the going has got tough this lot have sat down and given up.

Who even is this lot? Moore and Meite? The rest of the 11 have been around 2 years at most.

Richards and Aluko have been here longer.

And of course two years has seen plenty of it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Nov 2020 19:39

2-0 and we oxf*rd it up.