MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

439 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 15:58

Hound Not sure. I saw it as just poor individual errors for 3 of the 4. Lack of concentration rather than whole set up being wrong. Certainly don’t think we were lethargic and thought we weee the better side at 2-2

Major issues with these individual lapses though. Way too many and consistently leading to goals

Yes defensively turning off again today, just like the last 3 games, terrible goals we are conceding. what we need is a centre back the played for Man U on the coaching staff...oh wait!!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:59

Our goals conceded to shots on target in the last 4 must be ridiculous. Guessing between 60 and 75%

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 16:05

Hound Our goals conceded to shots on target in the last 4 must be ridiculous. Guessing between 60 and 75%

13 in 18 on target.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 16:11

windermereROYAL
Hound Our goals conceded to shots on target in the last 4 must be ridiculous. Guessing between 60 and 75%

13 in 18 on target.

Awful

But thanks. Not difficult to see where the problem is

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 16:12

windermereROYAL first 7 games top of the entire league for goals conceded, since then 92nd. :shock:

It’s bizarre.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 16:24

Zip
windermereROYAL first 7 games top of the entire league for goals conceded, since then 92nd. :shock:

It’s bizarre.

And it’s not like we’ve done anything radically different either

Just shocking defensive errors time and again

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Nov 2020 16:30

Hound
windermereROYAL

13 in 18 on target.

Awful

while he's started making odd decisions/errors, I'm not sure he could have done too much about most of those goals could he?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 16:37

John Madejski's Wallet
Hound
windermereROYAL
13 in 18 on target.

Awful

while he's started making odd decisions/errors, I'm not sure he could have done too much about most of those goals could he?

Well I meant the making of ridiculous individual errors (of which Rafael has made 3 or 4) rather than specifically blaming it all on the keeper

That rather than a particular fault with the overall system

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Nov 2020 16:49

It’s only a game lads.

If we went up, we’d in all likelihood just come down again.

Ride the painted pony. Let the spinning wheel glide.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Nov 2020 16:52

St Pauli It’s only a game lads.

As disappointed as we all are this is the post of the day

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 16:54

Only 1 headed goal conceded all season, need to work on keeping shots out now.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Nov 2020 16:57

Royality creeps In

As disappointed as we all are this is the post of the day

Yeah I agree...frustrating as it is that for a period this season we looked serious promotion candidates and the real deal. This is just disappointing.
Let's just get ready to go again.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Nov 2020 17:01

As much as I want us to do well and win games etc, I have no desire to go up. Premiership is shit. Fake ass divers, and terrible goal line technology. Too much money, and pressure, doesn't make for an enjoyable, exciting experience. Big clubs have too much money and decisions go their way, no real balance. Very little in the way being competitive. The aim of most teams that get promoted is to avoid relegation.

Sucks the joy out it all for me.

Of course I want us to do well, and of course I'd support the team, but oxf*rd the Premiership.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Nov 2020 18:29

skipper

As much as I want us to do well and win games etc, I have no desire to go up. Premiership is shit. Fake ass divers, and terrible goal line technology. Too much money, and pressure, doesn't make for an enjoyable, exciting experience. Big clubs have too much money and decisions go their way, no real balance. Very little in the way being competitive. The aim of most teams that get promoted is to avoid relegation.

Of course I want us to do well, and of course I'd support the team, but oxf*rd the Premiership.

+1.

If you follow football for the live matchday experience, championship football >>>> premier league football.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Nov 2020 18:38

St Pauli
skipper

+1.

If you follow football for the live matchday experience, championship football >>>> premier league football.

Every. Time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 19:32

Hell yes.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Nov 2020 19:41

I wonder if there is a betting syndicate somewhere becoming very rich off the back of the runaway leaders losing so many recent games by such high margins (including throwing away a 2-0 halftime lead)?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Nov 2020 20:28

St Pauli
skipper

+1.

Hell no-for every game like today's at Bournemouth there are many more like last night's dreadful so called match between Coventry and Birmingham that never looked like being anything but a 0-0.

Have you already forgotten what our home games have been like for the previous 2 seasons?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Nov 2020 20:34

South Coast Royal
St Pauli
skipper

+1.

Hell no-for every game like today's at Bournemouth there are many more like last night's dreadful so called match between Coventry and Birmingham that never looked like being anything but a 0-0.

Have you already forgotten what our home games have been like for the previous 2 seasons?

The home results of the last two years are what we’ll in all likelihood get if we go up.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Nov 2020 20:43

St Pauli
South Coast Royal
St Pauli
+1.

The home results of the last two years are what we’ll in all likelihood get if we go up.

But we will be seeing top class players most weeks which is good enough for me.
I think the Championship is the worst of the worst.

There are players who think they are good enough to be performing in the Premier League and being paid wages far in excess of what their abilities warrant.

At least in Divs 1 and 2 the skill factor may be lower but effort, dedication, commitment etc are all there.
In The Championship you have millionaire footballers often not portraying those facets, e.g. the Alukos of this world.

Still, your wish is likely to come true for the foreseeable future but I yearn for seasons like that first one in the Premier League even if subsequent ones were just a long struggle.

Each to their own.

439 posts