MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

439 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 20:59

Personally, watching top class players destroy us doesn't really do a lot for me, or make up for losing, being patronised and watching the ref be mates with the opposition star players, or being in division with two or three mini leagues and few surprises come season end.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 21:03

It`s pretty irrelivent because we`re not going to be there again anytime soon, happy to have seen us mixing with the big teams twice in my lifetime .

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 21 Nov 2020 22:39

Royality creeps In
St Pauli It’s only a game lads.

If we went up, we’d in all likelihood just come down again.

Ride the painted pony. Let the spinning wheel glide.

As disappointed as we all are this is the post of the day

I agree. It was a thoroughly enjoyable game today and we are good to watch again. Plus, none of us can go, so it’s not the real thing really is it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 23:01

At least with it being on Sky I didn't have the option to pay for it via IFollow so watched for free.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Nov 2020 23:25

Jagermesiter1871 I know he scored but aluko was oxf*rd dreadful. I've never seen a player look so clueless and just get in the way. Start olise. Start Holmes.

I think with those 2 changes alone we'd have won this game.

Not to be pedantic, but that’s the exact XI we started against Boro, other than Meite in for Semedo (and Boro are lower in the league than Bournemouth too)

A game in which we were pretty insipid, and didn’t create much (and conceded where it should have stood too)

In which case, do we then blame Semedo? When evaluating a game, we must have a scapegoat right?

SnowballRG19

by SnowballRG19 » 22 Nov 2020 07:23

People seem to forget that in the good run (before the Blackburn game) we just soaked it up for almost all the first half in a Rope-a-Dope fashion, then started to play around 35 minutes.

After xG reared its ugly head, and just before the Blackburn game, Pauno talked about our lack of chances and said things would change.

Sure we won at Blackburn thanks to a freak early goal from Meite and our early blitz but it was a FAR more open game.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Personally I would have continued with watertight Reading until we stopped winning, THEN, maybe fix it.

===========

In remember a similar situation under McDermott when we got (I think) three consecutive 0-0 draws and Mac said he'd change things. Next game was 3-3?

I'd take "boring, under pressure for 30 minutes" if we keep winning.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Nov 2020 07:54

karbota The slide will continue, sorry to say we aint going to get anything, 3 or 4 nil defeat at best. Why did we off load Chris Gunter?.

Well what can I say, at least we got two sneaky ones in. Steve Coppell is still free, and he is on record as preferring home grown players.
The foreign imports show no passion,no fight, no loyalty, look at how the heads dropped when the second goal was conceded.

Major changes needed if we are to survive the drop.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2020 10:21

karbota
karbota The slide will continue, sorry to say we aint going to get anything, 3 or 4 nil defeat at best. Why did we off load Chris Gunter?.

Well what can I say, at least we got two sneaky ones in. Steve Coppell is still free, and he is on record as preferring home grown players.
The foreign imports show no passion,no fight, no loyalty, look at how the heads dropped when the second goal was conceded.

yeah the 2006 team was all British you absolute fcuking moron.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Nov 2020 11:49

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871 I know he scored but aluko was oxf*rd dreadful. I've never seen a player look so clueless and just get in the way. Start olise. Start Holmes.

Not to be pedantic, but that’s the exact XI we started against Boro, other than Meite in for Semedo (and Boro are lower in the league than Bournemouth too)

A game in which we were pretty insipid, and didn’t create much (and conceded where it should have stood too)

In which case, do we then blame Semedo? When evaluating a game, we must have a scapegoat right?

I mean i haven't been overly impressed with semedo.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Nov 2020 18:57

leon
karbota

2006 was British ownership, British management, and British coaching, and a majority British squad and supporters. If only Steve Coppell and Mad Dog were interested, what a dream team.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Nov 2020 19:20

karbota
leon
karbota

2006 was British ownership, British management, and British coaching, and a majority British squad and supporters. If only Steve Coppell and Mad Dog were interested, what a dream team.

The first player to switch off yesterday and not track back and start the rot was British. Born in Hounslow I believe.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2020 19:33

karbota
leon
karbota

Insane

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Nov 2020 20:18

leon
karbota
leon

Insane

Thanks, and our best ever years.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 22 Nov 2020 21:06

karbota
leon
karbota

I would prefer the Dream Team of Coppell and Dillon who masterminded our first promotion to the Promised Land. Martin Allen was Alan Pardews assistant and left well before those glorious days.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Nov 2020 21:42

Go away Karbota. You're either a troll or genuinely a racist but either way, you are a twat.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Nov 2020 22:58

karbota
leon
karbota

It requires some manipulation of who you count as squad to make it majority British in 2005/2006. If you take the top 11 by appearance then it's not majority British, If you take the 25 players who played at least 1 game that season, it's 13-12 British. So not exactly a massive majority. If you take the players who played at least 5 games, it's again majority non-British. And if you take the entire squad (i.e., including the likes of Federici who never played) it's also majority non-British. So there's only one way of counting that gives you a majority of British players, and only by the tiniest possible margin.

You wouldn't be claiming Irish players as British, would you? I mean, that would be inherently imperialist, so you'd never, right...
I suppose you could claim, say, Stack and Cox as British since they were born in England but played for Ireland. But that makes Lita non-British then, as he wasn't born in the UK. Same with Curtis Osana. Overall, make no difference.

On the other hand, this years squad is majority British (counting all those who have numbers). Similarly, of the 28 players who have played at least one game so far, it's majority British. Going by place of birth, it swings even more towards overall British. It's only by restricting your count to those who've played Championship games only (i.e., not league cup) AND by counting the likes of, say, Rinomhota as non-British (as he's been called up for Zimbabwe) that you can wriggle your way to a majority non-British team, and again it's only by a sliver.

So as well as being racist, you also can't count.

retro royal

by retro royal » 22 Nov 2020 23:06

URZZZZ

Think you'll find Esteves wasn't in the starting line up, we have totally lost out shape as midfielders need to cover his crap positional play and tackling ability, as for Semedo he can't play as the most forward midfield player, he just doesn't have the engine for that role, also don't think the quality is there

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Nov 2020 23:33

retro royal
URZZZZ

Think you'll find Esteves wasn't in the starting line up, we have totally lost out shape as midfielders need to cover his crap positional play and tackling ability, as for Semedo he can't play as the most forward midfield player, he just doesn't have the engine for that role, also don't think the quality is there

Think you missed my point

I was referring to the point which said Holmes and Olise should be starting instead of Esteves and Aluko and that if they happened, we “probably would have won”. I was pointing out that those exact “changes” did happen against Boro and we didn’t win and perhaps should have come away with 0 points that afternoon if the officials didn’t give us the benefit of the doubt

Think the overriding point is that we didn’t lose the game because of two/three players. The right hand side was the main problem but the mentality of the entire team was sloppy after half time

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2020 09:59

URZZZZ
retro royal
URZZZZ

Think you missed my point

I was referring to the point which said Holmes and Olise should be starting instead of Esteves and Aluko and that if they happened, we “probably would have won”. I was pointing out that those exact “changes” did happen against Boro and we didn’t win and perhaps should have come away with 0 points that afternoon if the officials didn’t give us the benefit of the doubt

Think the overriding point is that we didn’t lose the game because of two/three players. The right hand side was the main problem but the mentality of the entire team was sloppy after half time

I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a win from Boro and the stats back that up. 63% possession, 10 chances created vs their 3, 1 shot on target vs their 0. Not to mention a long away trip to Boro is ripe for an off day.

For me Olise would have taken 2 chances Aluko fluffed at the weekend not to mentioned created more and not got in the way and play for the most part like a headless chicken. Holmes is also far more solid defensively than Esteves, and as you highlighted the Boro game we didn't concede, and I think would have done a better job at stopping attacks down that right hand side.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2020 16:59

muirinho
karbota
leon

It requires some manipulation of who you count as squad to make it majority British in 2005/2006. If you take the top 11 by appearance then it's not majority British, If you take the 25 players who played at least 1 game that season, it's 13-12 British. So not exactly a massive majority. If you take the players who played at least 5 games, it's again majority non-British. And if you take the entire squad (i.e., including the likes of Federici who never played) it's also majority non-British. So there's only one way of counting that gives you a majority of British players, and only by the tiniest possible margin.

You wouldn't be claiming Irish players as British, would you? I mean, that would be inherently imperialist, so you'd never, right...
I suppose you could claim, say, Stack and Cox as British since they were born in England but played for Ireland. But that makes Lita non-British then, as he wasn't born in the UK. Same with Curtis Osana. Overall, make no difference.

On the other hand, this years squad is majority British (counting all those who have numbers). Similarly, of the 28 players who have played at least one game so far, it's majority British. Going by place of birth, it swings even more towards overall British. It's only by restricting your count to those who've played Championship games only (i.e., not league cup) AND by counting the likes of, say, Rinomhota as non-British (as he's been called up for Zimbabwe) that you can wriggle your way to a majority non-British team, and again it's only by a sliver.

So as well as being racist, you also can't count.

Yes, The last time I looked at a map Ireland had not detached itself, not floated off, its always been part of the British Isles.

439 posts