439 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

by leon » 23 Nov 2020 17:03

karbota
muirinho
karbota
2006 was British ownership, British management, and British coaching, and a majority British squad and supporters. If only Steve Coppell and Mad Dog were interested, what a dream team.

It requires some manipulation of who you count as squad to make it majority British in 2005/2006. If you take the top 11 by appearance then it's not majority British, If you take the 25 players who played at least 1 game that season, it's 13-12 British. So not exactly a massive majority. If you take the players who played at least 5 games, it's again majority non-British. And if you take the entire squad (i.e., including the likes of Federici who never played) it's also majority non-British. So there's only one way of counting that gives you a majority of British players, and only by the tiniest possible margin.

You wouldn't be claiming Irish players as British, would you? I mean, that would be inherently imperialist, so you'd never, right...
I suppose you could claim, say, Stack and Cox as British since they were born in England but played for Ireland. But that makes Lita non-British then, as he wasn't born in the UK. Same with Curtis Osana. Overall, make no difference.

On the other hand, this years squad is majority British (counting all those who have numbers). Similarly, of the 28 players who have played at least one game so far, it's majority British. Going by place of birth, it swings even more towards overall British. It's only by restricting your count to those who've played Championship games only (i.e., not league cup) AND by counting the likes of, say, Rinomhota as non-British (as he's been called up for Zimbabwe) that you can wriggle your way to a majority non-British team, and again it's only by a sliver.

So as well as being racist, you also can't count.

Yes, The last time I looked at a map Ireland had not detached itself, not floated off, its always been part of the British Isles.

Then you really are a fcuking twat aren't you?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2020 17:04

Only a total fukwit thinks the British Isles is the same as Britain.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2020 17:19

Snowflake Royal Only a total fukwit thinks the British Isles is the same as Britain.

Greater Britain >Great Britain>British Islands> the indigenous people of those Islands.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2020 17:21

karbota
Snowflake Royal Only a total fukwit thinks the British Isles is the same as Britain.

Greater Britain >Great Britain>British Islands> the indigenous people of those Islands.

Yeah, you've already shown you're a fukwit repeatedly, no need to immediately confirm it again.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2020 17:29

Paging James McClean to the thread, James McClean to the thread please...

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 23 Nov 2020 18:30

karbota

Ah right. Yes of course, the original Britons were the Celts. In Irish, Welsh is Breatnais, i.e., British.
English is Sasanach - Saxonish

I now understand your comment about Chris Gunter. However sadly, I don't think the team has ever been full of Celts, it's been overrun by Anglo-Saxons for donkeys years.

Kick out all the Anglo-Saxons, just have Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Manx, Scottish and Breton players (Come back Yann!), and then we'll be grand.

Reading Abú

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Nov 2020 18:57

Hendo Paging James McClean to the thread, James McClean to the thread please...

You genuinely think he can read?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2020 19:56

muirinho
karbota

Ah right. Yes of course, the original Britons were the Celts. In Irish, Welsh is Breatnais, i.e., British.

I now understand your comment about Chris Gunter. However sadly, I don't think the team has ever been full of Celts, it's been overrun by Anglo-Saxons for donkeys years.

Kick out all the Anglo-Saxons, just have Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Manx, Scottish and Breton players (Come back Yann!), and then we'll be grand.

Reading Abú

Thanks Abu, good try not far off track, but who is Yann?.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Nov 2020 23:26

muirinho
karbota

Reading Abú

Cool

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Nov 2020 10:12

Why are we giving this moron oxygen?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Nov 2020 11:55

genome Why are we giving this moron oxygen?

Masochistic tendencies, why else would I support Reading?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Nov 2020 12:08

As a post script to this thread I think Danjuma is probably the fastest left-winger in this division so Holmes may well have struggled just as much as Esteves did , particularly in the second half (he did ok in the first).

Hopefully Yiadom will come back fit and firing so the debate about Esteves v Holmes can go away for the time being.
Last edited by South Coast Royal on 24 Nov 2020 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Nov 2020 12:10

South Coast Royal As a post script to this thread I think Anjuna is probably the fastest left-winger in this division so Holmes may well have struggled just as much as Esteves did , particularly in the second half (he did ok in the first).

Hopefully Yiadom will come back fit and firing so the debate about Esteves v Holmes can go away for the time being.

LOL Anjuna........... :roll:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Nov 2020 12:12

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal As a post script to this thread I think Anjuna is probably the fastest left-winger in this division so Holmes may well have struggled just as much as Esteves did , particularly in the second half (he did ok in the first).

LOL Anjuna........... :roll:

Already corrected within a matter of minutes having checked the spelling in the local paper.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Nov 2020 12:14

South Coast Royal As a post script to this thread I think Danjuma is probably the fastest left-winger in this division so Holmes may well have struggled just as much as Esteves did , particularly in the second half (he did ok in the first).

Tbh, I think I prefer Araruna to all three. Solid defender, crisp passer, not too cavalier and a beautiful cross on him. Doesn't want to cut inside and run at the box all the time.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 24 Nov 2020 20:08

karbota
muirinho
karbota

Reading Abú

Ahh, I see who you mean yes Kermo great player. Yann Alain Kermorgant, he might qualify but only if his ancestors also lived here, and that their bones or remains were buried/interred/burnt/ lost within these islands. Otherwise no, please don't come back we are full..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2020 21:14

South Coast Royal As a post script to this thread I think Danjuma is probably the fastest left-winger in this division so Holmes may well have struggled just as much as Esteves did , particularly in the second half (he did ok in the first).

Watching a bit of them vs Forest, Bournemouth have absolutely rinsed forest’s RHS as well. He’s clearly a top player, as is Brooks

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Nov 2020 21:45

karbota
karbota
muirinho

Reading Abú

Ahh, I see who you mean yes Kermo great player. Yann Alain Kermorgant, he might qualify but only if his ancestors also lived here, and that their bones or remains were buried/interred/burnt/ lost within these islands. Otherwise no, please don't come back we are full..

oxf*rd LOL!!!!

THICK AS FRENCH MINCE

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 24 Nov 2020 21:51

Simmops
karbota
karbota

oxf*rd LOL!!!!

THICK AS FRENCH MINCE

Apologies, don't recall him playing for Oxford, but thought he was a decent player us though.

439 posts