Rival Watch

17149 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 24 Nov 2020 21:12

Stranded Crazy that given the Norwich win we will still be top 6 even with a 5th straight defeat tomorrow night.

Well we were 7 points clear at the top

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 06:56

Norwich are another one of those teams that should be banned from playing in higher leagues, they are YoYo central. They can join Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster and Derby in the "never allowed promotion" club.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 08:55

Old Man Andrews Norwich are another one of those teams that should be banned from playing in higher leagues, they are YoYo central. They can join Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster and Derby in the "never allowed promotion" club.

Can we add WBA to that list?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 08:55

SouthDownsRoyal
Old Man Andrews Norwich are another one of those teams that should be banned from playing in higher leagues, they are YoYo central. They can join Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster and Derby in the "never allowed promotion" club.

Yes please.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Nov 2020 09:14

Parachute payments are ridiculous and should be stopped, no surprise to see relegated sides at the top when they can afford to keep their best players.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Nov 2020 09:15

SouthDownsRoyal

Fulham.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2020 09:20

windermereROYAL Parachute payments are ridiculous and should be stopped, no surprise to see relegated sides at the top when they can afford to keep their best players.

I think it definitely needs looking at. The likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich are starting with such a huge advantage over the other teams.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 09:22

Hound
windermereROYAL Parachute payments are ridiculous and should be stopped, no surprise to see relegated sides at the top when they can afford to keep their best players.

I think it definitely needs looking at. The likes of Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich are starting with such a huge advantage over the other teams.

Bournemouth made over £70m in player sales too. I think if you make that much back in player sales you should have to pay back a portion of the parachute payment.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Nov 2020 10:39

Wasn't part of Operation Big Picture that parachute payments were dropped in favour of increased payments to all Championship clubs in order to level that playing field.

Unsusal for all 3 relegated sides to be doing so well at this stage though, there is usually one who struggles.

Huddersfield last year, Stoke the year before that, Sunderland and Hull the year before that.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Nov 2020 10:54

3 sodding years of PP is a piss take, if they are going to keep them it should be one year only.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2020 10:55

Stranded Wasn't part of Operation Big Picture that parachute payments were dropped in favour of increased payments to all Championship clubs in order to level that playing field.

Unsusal for all 3 relegated sides to be doing so well at this stage though, there is usually one who struggles.

Huddersfield last year, Stoke the year before that, Sunderland and Hull the year before that.

I think all 3 clubs are generally better run than those that struggled. Norwich clearly planned for relegation pretty much as soon as they went up, whilst Bournemouth as mentioned were able to cash in on a few players and still have lots of sellable assets, as do Watford

Sunderland were losing a ton of money, Hull tight owners, whilst Hudders had just blown their promotion bonus on some utter toss players

I guess whichever ones dont go up will probably need to sell fairly quickly next year

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Nov 2020 11:01

Hound
Stranded Wasn't part of Operation Big Picture that parachute payments were dropped in favour of increased payments to all Championship clubs in order to level that playing field.

I think all 3 clubs are generally better run than those that struggled. Norwich clearly planned for relegation pretty much as soon as they went up, whilst Bournemouth as mentioned were able to cash in on a few players and still have lots of sellable assets, as do Watford

Sunderland were losing a ton of money, Hull tight owners, whilst Hudders had just blown their promotion bonus on some utter toss players

I guess whichever ones dont go up will probably need to sell fairly quickly next year

Quite possibly right that they will assuming one of them mucks up the play-offs.

Just really pointing out that it is unsual to have all 3 up there, and only 4 times since the PL has begun have 2 relegated sides bounced back together at the first attempt - all 3 have never done it. So whilst the parachute payments are a boost, they are definitively one that gets you up but I would still rather see them go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2020 20:44

Derby really are utter toss

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 21:17

Hound Derby really are utter toss

It's lovely to see, one of thr highlights of the football season thus far.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 21:23

Lol @ rooney

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Nov 2020 21:41

6pts adrift of safety already. Wycombe and Coventry next 2 games. Could easily be 9 or more adrift by this time next week.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 25 Nov 2020 21:54

Derby have scored 5 and conceded 20. It could end up like that PL season at this rate.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 21:56

I see sky have ended their Derby/Rooney love in :mrgreen:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Nov 2020 22:09

SouthDownsRoyal I see sky have ended their Derby/Rooney love in :mrgreen:

Its now a reading love in

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 22:35

Simmops
SouthDownsRoyal I see sky have ended their Derby/Rooney love in :mrgreen:

Its now a reading love in

It was, SKY jumped on the RFC bandwagon after eight games and got burnt like they did after jumping on the Derby/Rooney bandwagon after no games

LOL@sky

17149 posts