339 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a) sponsored by Ricky Newman

by Simmops » 25 Nov 2020 21:23

SouthDownsRoyal
Simmops
skipper
Are you drunk? We've just stopped the rot. We got a point.

. Yes im drunk, had 5 double rums and lemonade.

We got a point against a team we should be smashing. Whoop de oxf*rd do. Games like this we should be winning.

Hi Simmops

Important not to lose this evening. We are going up m8

Are YOU drunk?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Nov 2020 21:33

Good result that. Well done to Pepe for correctly calling Semedo as the escapegoat.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Nov 2020 21:33

SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL
Pepe the Horseman Eurgh.

And next Wednesday and the following Saturday.

:shock: :x

oxf*rd me we are the new Leeds

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 25 Nov 2020 21:36

This from Football Supporters Association:

There's been much discussion on the topic of streaming, and our survey into the performance of iFollow (and clubs' own streaming platforms) has now launched. More details here.

It's imperative that to be taken seriously by the EFL the survey needs the biggest possible sample size, which is where you come in.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/efl-streaming

Share the above link to the survey among your members / followers

The survey will probably run until the end of next week, so there's not a huge amount of time to gather the data we need in order to feedback to the EFL.

STAR Liaison writes - I did the survey in about 3-4 minutes and it's quite straightforward so if you've watched any streamed games please take part.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 25 Nov 2020 21:39

I think anyone with half a brain cell could see that it was far from convincing, but it’s stopped the rot.

João was isolated. We struggled to create. But that’s what you can expect from a Millwall team who have only lost twice this season.

Decent result imo. You need to win your home games. For me, Brizzle is a huge game for how our season may progress. Lie down with another drubbing at the Madejski will likely see us drop out of playoffs. We appear to have a squad who thrive off confidence.

Side note: Rafael solid tonight. Whoever thought he should be dropped needs to give their head a wobble.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 25 Nov 2020 21:44

Fair result in the end, both team could have nicked it at the death. I thought Laurent was MOM for me, did some great stuff tidying up in front of the back four, Keeper was better today, however only tested a few times.
Ejaria was terrible, gives the ball away to much and just stops any momentum we have, for me he should be playing central attacking midfield just off the strikers shoulder, he's wasted on the left and has no real pace. This is the one position we need to deal with in the window.
Would go with Aluko.....Olise.......Meite as the attacking three against Brizzle with Joao or Puscas up top.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 21:51

Simmops
SouthDownsRoyal
Simmops . Yes im drunk, had 5 double rums and lemonade.

We got a point against a team we should be smashing. Whoop de oxf*rd do. Games like this we should be winning.

Hi Simmops

Important not to lose this evening. We are going up m8

Are YOU drunk?!

Nope.

Sixth after 13 games, m9 not bad

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 21:53

royalp-we
Side note: Rafael solid tonight. Whoever thought he should be dropped needs to give their head a wobble.

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188120

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2020 22:10

Tom Holmes was exceptional tonight. We look so much more solid with him in the back line.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Nov 2020 22:13

:lol:

Poor trolling

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Nov 2020 22:18

Given this more or less a full strength line up. Struggling to see real improvement in the team. Flashes of individual skill but no cohesion as a unit. We play a predictable formation and rarely seem to mix it up. No indication that tactically the manager is up to Championship level.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2020 22:23

Pepe the Horseman
Bristol Paul Stopped the rot is the positive but some piss poor performances in there, with Semedo and Ejaria both hopeless. Olise too clever for his own good, no point doing the flash stuff when he so often messes up the simple stuff. Holmes was excellent.

Holmes played well, but offered nothing going forward and gave away two chances which were easier than the ones Bournemouth scored from on Saturday, which Esteves was crucified for.

Yep, spotted and commented on both of them. Uncharacteristic for him.

I don't recall Olise doing much wrong. One pass out to touch, but that was because Joao popped it up and he had to left foot volley with the outside of his boot awkwardly or risk giving away a counter attack.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2020 22:30

Lower West Given this more or less a full strength line up. Struggling to see real improvement in the team. Flashes of individual skill but no cohesion as a unit. We play a predictable formation and rarely seem to mix it up. No indication that tactically the manager is up to Championship level.

In fairness, that performance was against a solid if unspectacular team who are hard to beat, at a ground where we were on a run of poor results after four heavy defeats in a row.

We were in a bad place and got sucker punched just before HT. Today wasn't about showing improved performance and looking slick, it was about not getting beat. Same again against Brizzle and then on to starting to show some magic again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2020 22:40

Kinda feel Rafa was suspect on the freekick. The wall set up and his positioning just seemed to leave the goal looking massive and exposed. I thought at the time we'd concede. Great freekick, but can't help but feel it was made easier than it should have been.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 25 Nov 2020 22:40

Lower West Given this more or less a full strength line up. Struggling to see real improvement in the team. Flashes of individual skill but no cohesion as a unit. We play a predictable formation and rarely seem to mix it up. No indication that tactically the manager is up to Championship level.

I tend to agree, however, we don't have any real wingers to make 4-4-2 effective, and 5-3-2 could work, but Holmes really wouldn't fit into this system. So that would leave Esteves as wing back!! Possible i guess, but much better with Yiadom in the side.

I think the current system used by VP suits us well on the road and allows the counter attacks, but i really think if your going to do well in the league you need to be aggresive and take the game to your opponents on home soil and get the crowd on your side (maybe soon with the crowd thing), and 4-2-3-1 doesn't feel right, so we need the two up top!! i would go with

Esteves...Gibson...Morrision...Moore...Richards (Esteves & Richards as wing backs)
.....Rinhomota...Laurent....(The engine of the team, with license to break forward in attack as we have three center backs)
...................Olise.............(Free role behind the front two)
.......Meite.....Joao.........(Maybe Puscas for Meite)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Nov 2020 22:47

it's a funny old game. if you'd offered me 6th after 13 games at the start of the season I would've taken it straight away

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 22:47

Snowflake Royal Kinda feel Rafa was suspect on the freekick. .

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Nov 2020 22:48

genome it's a funny old game. if you'd offered me 6th after 13 games at the start of the season I would've taken it straight away

Snap

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2020 22:53

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal Kinda feel Rafa was suspect on the freekick. .

I know I said I'd drop him. I would have dropped him. He pulled off a great save, didn't drop a clanger but was maybe a bit dodgy on the freekick. Get over it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Nov 2020 00:00

Great chance for Joao with the last kick, but Millwall missed two golden chances in the second half so we can`t moan, fair result.

339 posts