BTFF Millwall

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BTFF Millwall

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2020 11:30

Ok, as there isn't one yet, here goes...

Disappointing that we didn't win but on balance many positives, away point, defence looked very solid, Rafa back to his best.

Rafael 8. Yes I know, this will raise eyebrows and it's probably a reaction to the negativity towards him here, but he showed us how important he is with one fantastic save to tip over the bar what should've been a certain goal. I was upset at him just standing there for their goal, but looking at replays I think it that's harsh
Holmes - 8 another big positive. Unfair on Esteves I know as he was probably encouraged to go forward more, but Holmes is one solid big tough gutsy defender. He worked his bollox off and his passion really showed. Some great interceptions, brilliant little moves. The place is his to lose for sure. At the risk of sounding like our resident Nazi troll tosser, I'd rather see our homegrown players develop than be a training platform for foreign wonderkids who'll bugger off after making a tonne of mistakes with us.
M&M - 6.5 actually I can't fault them, they did a good enough job. I know we let a goal in but that was a phenomenal set piece. in open play the back 5 looked very solid and I'm delighted at that.
Richards - 6.5 See above
Rino - 7. Immense. Really good performance all round
Laurent - 8 Immense+ The guy doesn't stop running. Back to his best.
Semedo - 5.5 I thought he was disappointing, not up to his usual high standard at all. Nowhere to be seen most of the time but then did pop up with some good bits at times
Ejaria - 5 I feel bad giving my boyfriend such a low score, but I'm sorry it just wasn't his night last night
Meite - 6 Disappointing for him, but a much needed return.
Joao - 7 His goal was brilliant, harder than the chance he missed. Generally a real pest all game for them. I love the guy.

Subs//

Olise - 5 Sorry I just didn't see anything good from him. Seemed like a different player to usual, strange passes to noone. [EDIT after corrections, thanks - he assisted for Joaos goal. 5 is harsh, 6 more fair. Thanks guys.]
Baldock - N/A Maybe someone can teach me something here, but I've never understood substitutions with 30seconds to go. Ok it turned out to be 5mins stoppage but still. I understand there can be reasons like injury, or you've just gone behind/ahead, but when it's just been same-old for ages I dont' see why suddenly with 30s to go we feel swapping a player is going to benefit anyone. If it's a good idea it's a good idea with 15mins to go, not 30s.

Pauno - 6. He rightly took Semedo off. He rightly brought Holmes in and drummed into him he needs to defend. He rightly got the boys to look for a winner. He rightly didn't drop Rafael and that paid off and hopefully will continue to. But I can't be too excited about a 1-1 draw with Millwall hence 6. He set his own bar too high.

Ref - 4 He seemed to miss so much for both sides, I don't understand it.

Talking points

1) Seemed a definite penalty for us, Joao was dragged down inside the box, how it was a FK outside I just don't understand

2) Holmes could be a rising star

3) Olise and Ejaria in danger of getting complacent
Last edited by Millsy on 26 Nov 2020 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BTFF Millwall

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2020 11:37

Good post and agree with all the player assessments apart from Holmes who was probably closer to a 7, and Olise
You must have missed our goal if you didn’t see anything good from him!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2020 11:39

URZZZZ Good post and agree with all the player assessments apart from Holmes who was probably closer to a 7, and Olise

and the ball to Joao at the end

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 11:56

Cabral - 7 top save from Bod and no howlers
Holmes - 6 mostly solid but lost his man twice in the box which could easily have been punished and wasn't. New Dim Tellor unjustified love target. :roll:
Richards - 7 good game and some very tidy moments
Moore - 7 solid game
Morrison - 7 solid game
Laurent - 7(MotM) good showing again
Rino - 7 not quite at his best and conceded the fk, but good enough
Ejaria - 6 slow plays, over plays and falls over too much, not his game but always capable of creating something and hurting the opposition
Meite - 6 didn't really happen for him
Semedo - 5 mix of tidy and missing, but with a lot more missing from a lot earlier than normal
Joao - 7 scored and could have won it between large swathes of not a lot

Olise - 8 was not involved enough but was at the heart of our best chances.
Baldock - n/a didn't really have an impact

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2020 12:00

Snowflake Royal Cabral - 7 top save from Bod and no howlers
Holmes - 6 mostly solid but lost his man twice in the box which could easily have been punished and wasn't. New Dim Tellor unjustified love target. :roll:
Richards - 7 good game and some very tidy moments
Moore - 7 solid game
Morrison - 7 solid game
Laurent - 7(MotM) good showing again
Rino - 7 not quite at his best and conceded the fk, but good enough
Ejaria - 6 slow plays, over plays and falls over too much, not his game but always capable of creating something and hurting the opposition
Meite - 6 didn't really happen for him
Semedo - 5 mix of tidy and missing, but with a lot more missing from a lot earlier than normal
Joao - 7 scored and could have won it between large swathes of not a lot

Olise - 8 was not involved enough but was at the heart of our best chances.
Baldock - n/a didn't really have an impact

Laughable. Holmes was the MOTM.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 12:00

Millsy Ok, as there isn't one yet, here goes...

Disappointing that we didn't win but on balance many positives, away point, defence looked very solid, Rafa back to his best.

Rafael 8. Yes I know, this will raise eyebrows and it's probably a reaction to the negativity towards him here, but he showed us how important he is with one fantastic save to tip over the bar what should've been a certain goal. I was upset at him just standing there for their goal, but looking at replays I think it that's harsh
Holmes - 8 another big positive. Unfair on Esteves I know as he was probably encouraged to go forward more, but Holmes is one solid big tough gutsy defender. He worked his bollox off and his passion really showed. Some great interceptions, brilliant little moves. The place is his to lose for sure. At the risk of sounding like our resident Nazi troll tosser, I'd rather see our homegrown players develop than be a training platform for foreign wonderkids who'll bugger off after making a tonne of mistakes with us.
M&M - 6.5 actually I can't fault them, they did a good enough job. I know we let a goal in but that was a phenomenal set piece. in open play the back 5 looked very solid and I'm delighted at that.
Richards - 6.5 See above
Semedo - 5.5 I thought he was disappointing, not up to his usual high standard at all. Nowhere to be seen most of the time but then did pop up with some good bits at times
Ejaria - 5 I feel bad giving my boyfriend such a low score, but I'm sorry it just wasn't his night last night
Joao - 7 His goal was brilliant, harder than the chance he missed. Generally a real pest all game for them. I love the guy.

Subs//

Olise - 5 Sorry I just didn't see anything good from him. Seemed like a different player to usual, strange passes to noone.
Baldock - N/A Maybe someone can teach me something here, but I've never understood substitutions with 30seconds to go. Ok it turned out to be 5mins stoppage but still. I understand there can be reasons like injury, or you've just gone behind/ahead, but when it's just been same-old for ages I dont' see why suddenly with 30s to go we feel swapping a player is going to benefit anyone. If it's a good idea it's a good idea with 15mins to go, not 30s.

Pauno - 6. He rightly took Semedo off. He rightly brought Holmes in and drummed into him he needs to defend. He rightly got the boys to look for a winner. He rightly didn't drop Rafael and that paid off and hopefully will continue to. But I can't be too excited about a 1-1 draw with Millwall hence 6. He set his own bar too high.

Talking points

1) Seemed a definite penalty for us, Joao was dragged down inside the box, how it was a FK outside I just don't understand

The foul on Joao started outside the box, he only fell inside

The only pass to no one I remember from Olise was when Joao gave him an unexpected and and awful pass he had to volley out to the right wing.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Nov 2020 12:02

I will post in here...

Absolute dire game and dire performance.

Keeper not to blame for free kick it was just a great goal end of.
It was never a free kick in first place.
Semedo, just don’t get him. Defensive midfielder playing forward and not doing either roles. Players just glide past him.
We need a better system. We are neither a width team nor have players who take the ball driving forward from the middle. So frustrating to watch.
Passes underhit or just wayward.
Let’s be honest, they missed two sitters and we have no sitters to talk about.
I was just incredibly frustrated after last night. It’s the fact the club teased us with this start but (and I want to be wrong) we are currently bang average with a lot of other bang average clubs.
However that’s an improvement on last season.

Enjoy your week.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2020 12:15

Snowflake Royal

Richards - 6.5 See above

Subs//

Olise - 5 Sorry I just didn't see anything good from him. Seemed like a different player to usual, strange passes to noone.

Talking points

The only pass to no one I remember from Olise was when Joao gave him an unexpected and and awful pass he had to volley out to the right wing.

The pass from Olise for our goal was an absolute beauty. As you both missed it (or misidentified who it was from), here it is. Feast for the eyes.
https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/13 ... 1906201600

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2020 12:34

Hound
URZZZZ Good post and agree with all the player assessments apart from Holmes who was probably closer to a 7, and Olise

and the ball to Joao at the end

Fair.

Thanks for the reminders.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2020 12:37

Snowflake Royal The foul on Joao started outside the box, he only fell inside

Joao - that's what I originally thought but replays suggested to be it started pretty much on the line and continued over the line before he then fell in the box.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 12:49

muirinho
Snowflake Royal

Richards - 6.5 See above

Subs//

Talking points

The pass from Olise for our goal was an absolute beauty. As you both missed it (or misidentified who it was from), here it is. Feast for the eyes.
https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/13 ... 1906201600

Er... I didn't miss it, that bold bit wasn't anything to do with the goal

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 12:50

Millsy

Joao - that's what I originally thought but replays suggested to be it started pretty much on the line and continued over the line before he then fell in the box.

No chance. Thought the reverse so watched the in game replay carefully.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2020 12:59

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

You must be right because no one seemed to claim for it, and T&M didn't suggest it. I remember just being quite surprised by it seeing the replay a couple of times.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 13:11

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

You must be right because no one seemed to claim for it, and T&M didn't suggest it. I remember just being quite surprised by it seeing the replay a couple of times.

Zip put me right in no uncertain terms. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2020 13:22

Actually shouldn’t Joao’s goal technically be credited as a Białkowski og?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Nov 2020 13:43

Ejaria had a very poor night - would personally have taken him off and brought on Aluko.

Holmes solid. Olise mixed bunch - brilliant assist and then some weird over the top high risk passes.

Richards again brilliant. I was worried before the season he would be our weak link. Now I'm pretty sure he's our best player and considering his age I genuinely think he could be a top top prem player.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Nov 2020 13:51

Sutekh Actually shouldn’t Joao’s goal technically be credited as a Białkowski og?

Don't think so no.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2020 13:56

Sutekh Actually shouldn’t Joao’s goal technically be credited as a Białkowski og?

err why?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2020 13:56

NewCorkSeth

Don't think so no.

Only if the shot was off target.

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Nov 2020 13:57

Once again, Ovie was unimpressive last night. For his 5% of brilliance and moments of creative inspiration we're really toiling through the 95% of slow, overcomplicated gifting of the ball to the opposition, shanking/pulling selfish shots high/wide and generally killing momentum.

He's not a LW, Semedo isn't an AM. I'm not sure why Pauno keeps hoping otherwise.