Any updates?

141 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Any updates?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Nov 2020 10:42

In fairness Andrew did fcuk this thread by posting some Illuminati new world order conspiracy bs and someone had to call him out.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 26 Nov 2020 10:50

100 up. Beyond my wildest dreams

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2020 13:14

Jagermesiter1871 In fairness Andrew did fcuk this thread by posting some Illuminati new world order conspiracy bs and someone had to call him out.

Suppose he’s right though? Won’t a lot of people look right bilgepumps?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Nov 2020 13:45

Sutekh
Jagermesiter1871 In fairness Andrew did fcuk this thread by posting some Illuminati new world order conspiracy bs and someone had to call him out.

Suppose he’s right though? Won’t a lot of people look right bilgepumps?

True. And if the world turns out to be flat after all a lot of egg on peoples faces.

Doesn't change the fact his main supporting piece of evidence is a website that I've signed as 28 different doctors and scientists.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 14 Dec 2020 16:59

andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871 You know you're making a ridiculously stupid point when Millsy comes across as clued up and smart. Precisely, 40,000 disease experts & scientists. So thats probably 0 disease experts, 0 virologists and 40,000 primary school science teachers who have been given $100 by Exxonmobil to sign a paper.

Cannot resist biting. Just google”how do I sign the Great Barrington declaration” and you will see now in excess of 660,000 signatures including the best part of 50,000 scientists, medical experts and GPs. I am sure in that number there are a few bogus signatures but there are many verifiable experts and even a Nobel prize winner. Still I am sure you are right and they are all wrong.

Hi Andrew. With everyone having to lockdown further and Christmas at risk, do you think the government have taken the right approach? On one reading some might think your previous posts were a bit shortsighted, but in another way you might feel vindicated. Hope everyone remains healthy in the 1957 household.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 15 Dec 2020 06:53

Snowball
andrew1957
And the truth is that all the lockdowns will achieve at best is to give mainly very old people a few more years as the average age of death from Covid so far in the UK has been between somewhere between 82.4 and 85.5.

SOURCE?

I find the above figures laughable.

But whether they are or not you need to look at "LONG-Covid" which is a biological time-bomb.

I'm a sufferer and it is utter, utter shit. I showed my first symptoms of Covid March 4th, and I am STILL very unwell. I was in hospital Thursday.

I have had half a dozen blood tests, three XRays, ECGs, a walk-test, A lung-function test, and echogram of my heart to check for valve damage etc etc

Covid is hitting YOUNG FIT people too, and in a big way. It is particularly bad for sportsman and active people who think they are over Covid and go back to training.

The pattern is(for those not getting seriously ill/dying first pass)

Get Covid be sick for 3-20 days
Figure you're a bit off, but "that's just getting over Covid" 1-4 weeks.
Hey I'm better
Start working out again.
Around three months from original infection - CRASH!

Before I got got Covid I alternated days. Day 1 was usually a 10-mile walk, Day 2 a 2-5 mile run, with walking to top up my steps.
In early March when I was in Sicily I went up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day.

NOW?

I still cannot run at all, not 100 yards. I have joint pains, bone pains, muscle pains, stupefying cramps, headaches, breathlessness, brain-fog, slurred speech (occasionally) horrible spots, bleeds, random shooting pains, chest pains, difficulty expanding my chest, chronic insomnia, the most extreme dreams in my life, taste issue, smelling things that aren't there, visual disturbances.

I am totally oxf*rd. After eight months.

There is no way on this planet I could do a typical 40-Hour working week.

And I've seen estimates as high as 15% , that is up to 15% of people contracting Covid are getting Long-Covid, and, so far, there is NO treatment.

We will probably reach 2 Million, maybe 3 million officially infected... that will mean up to half-0a-million people, those who LIVE, barely able to function

And now Snowball hasn't been active at all on this portal five days after this post. Does anyone know Snowball off HNA that could check on him in a non-intrusive way? I am seriously worried about him. He did a lot in the way of statistics for this board and I found his opinions very interesting. He seemed to have a pulse on the way the club was heading with his accurate predictions in the contest he ran.

If anyone knows how he is doing please post here when you can.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Dec 2020 11:12

seahawk10
Snowball
andrew1957
And the truth is that all the lockdowns will achieve at best is to give mainly very old people a few more years as the average age of death from Covid so far in the UK has been between somewhere between 82.4 and 85.5.

SOURCE?

But whether they are or not you need to look at "LONG-Covid" which is a biological time-bomb.

I'm a sufferer and it is utter, utter shit. I showed my first symptoms of Covid March 4th, and I am STILL very unwell. I was in hospital Thursday.

I have had half a dozen blood tests, three XRays, ECGs, a walk-test, A lung-function test, and echogram of my heart to check for valve damage etc etc

Covid is hitting YOUNG FIT people too, and in a big way. It is particularly bad for sportsman and active people who think they are over Covid and go back to training.

Hey I'm better
Start working out again.

Before I got got Covid I alternated days. Day 1 was usually a 10-mile walk, Day 2 a 2-5 mile run, with walking to top up my steps.
In early March when I was in Sicily I went up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day.

NOW?

I still cannot run at all, not 100 yards. I have joint pains, bone pains, muscle pains, stupefying cramps, headaches, breathlessness, brain-fog, slurred speech (occasionally) horrible spots, bleeds, random shooting pains, chest pains, difficulty expanding my chest, chronic insomnia, the most extreme dreams in my life, taste issue, smelling things that aren't there, visual disturbances.

And I've seen estimates as high as 15% , that is up to 15% of people contracting Covid are getting Long-Covid, and, so far, there is NO treatment.

We will probably reach 2 Million, maybe 3 million officially infected... that will mean up to half-0a-million people, those who LIVE, barely able to function

And now Snowball hasn't been active at all on this portal five days after this post. Does anyone know Snowball off HNA that could check on him in a non-intrusive way? I am seriously worried about him. He did a lot in the way of statistics for this board and I found his opinions very interesting. He seemed to have a pulse on the way the club was heading with his accurate predictions in the contest he ran.

No idea myself but I believe others have tried to contact him without success

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 11:45

What do we think andrew has put a hit out on him? Wouldn't put it past him.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Dec 2020 09:17

Jagermesiter1871 What do we think andrew has put a hit out on him? Wouldn't put it past him.

Not guilty on this occasion. I am managing to restrain myself.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Dec 2020 09:45

Sebastian the Red
andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871 You know you're making a ridiculously stupid point when Millsy comes across as clued up and smart. Precisely, 40,000 disease experts & scientists. So thats probably 0 disease experts, 0 virologists and 40,000 primary school science teachers who have been given $100 by Exxonmobil to sign a paper.

Cannot resist biting. Just google”how do I sign the Great Barrington declaration” and you will see now in excess of 660,000 signatures including the best part of 50,000 scientists, medical experts and GPs. I am sure in that number there are a few bogus signatures but there are many verifiable experts and even a Nobel prize winner. Still I am sure you are right and they are all wrong.

Hi Andrew. With everyone having to lockdown further and Christmas at risk, do you think the government have taken the right approach? On one reading some might think your previous posts were a bit shortsighted, but in another way you might feel vindicated. Hope everyone remains healthy in the 1957 household.

Hi Sebastian. My honest view is that the Covid scare is massively overdone. No doubt I will set Jagermesiter off again but my research indicates that during the initial Covid surge earlier this year around 40% of Covid deaths resulted from infections caught in hospital and another approximately 40% of those who died caught from infections caught in nursing homes (many of which outbreaks were started by NHS hospitals discharging Covid infected patients back to care homes). This means that in the first wave it was actually quite hard to catch Covid and die from community transmission. Most of us could avoid most risks just by steering clear of the two main causes of infection. I appreciate this is not easy for those who have older relatives, but that gets into another whole debate about whether locking older people in care homes without visitors is a healthy long term answer.

In the second wave there has been slightly more community spread (although many clusters are still as a result of "in hospital" spread) but death rates have remained relatively low overall. This combined with virtually zero deaths from flu this winter means that current death rates are so far well within normal expected levels for this time of year as we are seeing no more Covid deaths than we see flu deaths in a normal year. Social distancing has pretty much done for flu. It will be interesting to see if flu makes a come back in future years or is pretty much wiped out for the long term.

Many real scientists have disputed the effectiveness of lockdown - irrespective of whether a few like Jagermesiter have signed the GB Declaration as a joke, there are a huge number of actual REAL doctors/scientist who have. To be fair to the Government I think they have got things about right. They are desperately trying to balance the risks of the NHS being temporarily overwhelmed whilst also trying to keep the economy going. As for Christmas again they have made the correct call IMO to leave it to us to decide what is right for our families because otherwise surveys suggest that at least 30-40% will ignore the rules and meet anyway - and then it will be hard to get people to comply with future rules once they have got used to breaking them. And so they seem to be saying "you can meet but if you do be sensible".

Therefore, whatever you all decide about with whom you spend your Christmas I wish you a blessed and peaceful time and lets all hope for a better 2021 and promotion for URZZZZZZ.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Dec 2020 10:50

andrew1957
Sebastian the Red
andrew1957

Hi Sebastian. My honest view is that the Covid scare is massively overdone. No doubt I will set Jagermesiter off again but my research indicates that during the initial Covid surge earlier this year around 40% of Covid deaths resulted from infections caught in hospital and another approximately 40% of those who died caught from infections caught in nursing homes (many of which outbreaks were started by NHS hospitals discharging Covid infected patients back to care homes). This means that in the first wave it was actually quite hard to catch Covid and die from community transmission. Most of us could avoid most risks just by steering clear of the two main causes of infection. I appreciate this is not easy for those who have older relatives, but that gets into another whole debate about whether locking older people in care homes without visitors is a healthy long term answer.

In the second wave there has been slightly more community spread (although many clusters are still as a result of "in hospital" spread) but death rates have remained relatively low overall. This combined with virtually zero deaths from flu this winter means that current death rates are so far well within normal expected levels for this time of year as we are seeing no more Covid deaths than we see flu deaths in a normal year. Social distancing has pretty much done for flu. It will be interesting to see if flu makes a come back in future years or is pretty much wiped out for the long term.

Many real scientists have disputed the effectiveness of lockdown - irrespective of whether a few like Jagermesiter have signed the GB Declaration as a joke, there are a huge number of actual REAL doctors/scientist who have. To be fair to the Government I think they have got things about right. They are desperately trying to balance the risks of the NHS being temporarily overwhelmed whilst also trying to keep the economy going. As for Christmas again they have made the correct call IMO to leave it to us to decide what is right for our families because otherwise surveys suggest that at least 30-40% will ignore the rules and meet anyway - and then it will be hard to get people to comply with future rules once they have got used to breaking them. And so they seem to be saying "you can meet but if you do be sensible".

Therefore, whatever you all decide about with whom you spend your Christmas I wish you a blessed and peaceful time and lets all hope for a better 2021 and promotion for URZZZZZZ.

Still find it hilarious the suggestion that lock downs don't work and that actual scientists would support that theory - the term lock down itself doesn't even hold up to scientific scrutiny as there isn't a set 'lock down'. A properly imposed lock down is 100% effective. Look at China - 2.8% GDP growth this year with numbers of infection down to near zero and the economy fully reopen. They locked down properly for a month. If we weren't all selfish shorted sighted morons with detractors like Andrew we could have done the same or still could. Instead lets just bomb our economy with half arsed measures to appease both sides and have to do emergency breaker lock downs which cumulatively will be far more disruptive. O and then just not bother for 5 days for Christmas so we can then lock down afterwards to make up for it. You know as well as we all do that letting the the public decide what is 'sensible' is moronic - half the population wear a mask on their chin and take it off for coughing and talking. These thickos need clear rules which are harshly policed.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Dec 2020 11:25

Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957
Sebastian the Red

Still find it hilarious the suggestion that lock downs don't work and that actual scientists would support that theory - the term lock down itself doesn't even hold up to scientific scrutiny as there isn't a set 'lock down'. A properly imposed lock down is 100% effective. Look at China - 2.8% GDP growth this year with numbers of infection down to near zero and the economy fully reopen. They locked down properly for a month. If we weren't all selfish shorted sighted morons with detractors like Andrew we could have done the same or still could. Instead lets just bomb our economy with half arsed measures to appease both sides and have to do emergency breaker lock downs which cumulatively will be far more disruptive. O and then just not bother for 5 days for Christmas so we can then lock down afterwards to make up for it. You know as well as we all do that letting the the public decide what is 'sensible' is moronic - half the population wear a mask on their chin and take it off for coughing and talking. These thickos need clear rules which are harshly policed.

Great lets become China and nail the doors shut (as they did in Wuhan) to enforce lockdown. And whilst we are at it why not have re-education camps for anyone who does not agree with you. People like you who clamour for our freedoms to be taken away will not like the world you end up in with when you find yourself on the wrong end of a future "group think" order.

Personally I would rather take my chances with Covid than become like China.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Dec 2020 11:35

Who is this andrew1957 - We don't even know his name or how old he is?

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 16 Dec 2020 12:17

Forbury Lion Who is this andrew1957 - We don't even know his name or how old he is?

Maybe, but we do know his password!!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Dec 2020 13:31

andrew1957
Sebastian the Red
andrew1957

Hi Sebastian. My honest view is that the Covid scare is massively overdone.

Takes all sorts............

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2020 13:46

Forbury Lion Who is this andrew1957 - We don't even know his name or how old he is?

Have you always been this hilarious Forbs?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Dec 2020 15:50

andrew1957
Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957

Great lets become China and nail the doors shut (as they did in Wuhan) to enforce lockdown. And whilst we are at it why not have re-education camps for anyone who does not agree with you. People like you who clamour for our freedoms to be taken away will not like the world you end up in with when you find yourself on the wrong end of a future "group think" order.

Personally I would rather take my chances with Covid than become like China.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on the interwebs Andrew. Having been to China numerous times and having many Chinese friends I can tell you the repressive nailing of doors shut is far from a reality. My point was more that lock downs do work and any scientific study would have to acknowledge the success of it in China and other countries.

Xinjiang is a different point entirely and something I'm sure we may be closer on.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 16 Dec 2020 15:56

I've been to China as well and must say that I largely felt like I was given the run of the place. There's a magnificent little KFC in Beijing that every traveller should visit.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Dec 2020 17:37

bcubed
seahawk10
Snowball

SOURCE?

Hey I'm better
Start working out again.

NOW?

No idea myself but I believe others have tried to contact him without success

My Snowball account wouldn't work. My newly-created SnowballRG19 did work but the posts went to moderation and died.

I couldn't see any PMs to Snowball and I wasn't allow to PM or reply to PMs as Snowball RG19.

What Fun!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Dec 2020 17:44

seahawk10
Snowball
andrew1957

SOURCE?

Hey I'm better
Start working out again.

NOW?

Thanks for that, Seahawk.

Sod's law I should have Covid, then Long Covid, post on LC and then disappear!

PS for those querying Covid.

I had Hong Kong Flu when in the RAF, was pretty rough, managed to faint but we were all isolated in one block. The worst day of HK Flu was like one of the easiest days of Covid. Covid-19 is the worst I have felt EVER and by a very long way (and I include Hepatitis in the 70s where I lost 2.5 stone in two weeks).

But Covid is EASY compared to Long Covid.

I would take Covid three times rather than the horrendous, dragged out misery of Long Covid, especially as, for the first three months they were saying "It's anxiety", "You look OK, you're not ill" "Grow a pair" "You're imagining it" (etc)

Long Covid is HUGE. There are multiple Facebook Groups with 20-30-40,000 in, many desperate, a fair few suicidal. If current estimates of how many get LC we could easily end up with a half a million being sick for up to a year.

141 posts