Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2020 11:38

There is a petition up and running.

https://www.change.org/p/reading-fc-fan ... 764e049b13

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Nov 2020 11:46

windermereROYAL There is a petition up and running.

Whilst all well and good, if the club have given a contract to another supplier, this isn't going to change anything as they won't just break a contact to appease the fans.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2020 11:52

Hendo

Whilst all well and good, if the club have given a contract to another supplier, this isn't going to change anything as they won't just break a contact to appease the fans.

If supporters want to make a point then just don't buy any food or drink once supporters are allowed to return. Simple.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Nov 2020 11:55

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

If supporters want to make a point then just don't buy any food or drink once supporters are allowed to return. Simple.

This is obviously correct and will actually force the club into reviewing this situation, a petition, while still buying food and drink will have zero impact.

FWIW, I think WBB will remain at the club as its been there for quite a while now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2020 11:56

ah that's a huge shame. The food was excellent

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2020 13:22

Stranded
windermereROYAL That's a shocker from GR. :shock:

You say that but the link has been shared and I bet most replying here clicked the link. You click, they get paid. Job. Done.

Sad but true, though you can usually tell from the “headline” whether it’s going to be a load of pointless drivel or not. In this case that’s certainly true and you must know to expect just a snapshot of the expected “gags” that could be equally applied to any club outside the top of the PL.

Perhaps we should all just slow down and think about whether it’s actually worth clicking on any link beforehand and eventually cr@p like this might start disappearing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2020 13:28

Did STAR make any representation to the club on behalf of fans over this change or was this something that just came out of the blue?

Presume this change is money driven given that I don’t remember seeing a fan survey on non-concourse food.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2020 13:43

Sutekh
Stranded
windermereROYAL That's a shocker from GR. :shock:

You say that but the link has been shared and I bet most replying here clicked the link. You click, they get paid. Job. Done.

Sad but true, though you can usually tell from the “headline” whether it’s going to be a load of pointless drivel or not. In this case that’s certainly true and you must know to expect just a snapshot of the expected “gags” that could be equally applied to any club outside the top of the PL.

Perhaps we should all just slow down and think about whether it’s actually worth clicking on any link beforehand and eventually cr@p like this might start disappearing.

as would JLow's job I assume

tbh its dire content but I do feel sorry for him. Clearly has absolute scraps to work with

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 27 Nov 2020 14:38

Sutekh

Did STAR make any representation to the club on behalf of fans over this change or was this something that just came out of the blue?

Presume this change is money driven given that I don’t remember seeing a fan survey on non-concourse food.

I emailed the club and got back the response

"The club fully recognises the positive impact having quality street food available at the stadium has had on the matchday experience. However, all contracts the club holds with external providers have to be commercially viable to continue."

So, yep, petitions won't change a thing, boycotting the food stands may do.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Nov 2020 15:01

Hound
Sutekh
Stranded

as would JLow's job I assume

tbh its dire content but I do feel sorry for him. Clearly has absolute scraps to work with

Yep the club clearly don’t give him anything so not sure what people expect from him.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Nov 2020 16:01

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Nov 2020 16:16

Sutekh
windermereROYAL So 2.000 fans it is then, will be interesting how the the club do this.

Name of retainer payee goes into the magic hat, VP spends a morning drawing 2000 names, those names not drawn remain in magic hat for next the home game (presuming the govt. don’t ban us all again) :wink:

Gets interesting though if less than 2000 paid a retainer.

Would need to be more sophisticated than that. Not everyone who paid the retainer might want a ticket.
I believe way more than 2000 paid. I recall seeing somewhere that 80% of STH paid up which would be something like 8-9000.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Nov 2020 16:20

Nameless
Sutekh
windermereROYAL So 2.000 fans it is then, will be interesting how the the club do this.

Name of retainer payee goes into the magic hat, VP spends a morning drawing 2000 names, those names not drawn remain in magic hat for next the home game (presuming the govt. don’t ban us all again) :wink:

Would need to be more sophisticated than that. Not everyone who paid the retainer might want a ticket.
I believe way more than 2000 paid. I recall seeing somewhere that 80% of STH paid up which would be something like 8-9000.

That’s more than I expected.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Nov 2020 16:29

Zip
Nameless
Sutekh

It may be a Trump level claim, can’t remember where I heard it but do recall being impressed ....

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Nov 2020 19:27

Nameless
Zip
Nameless

It may be a Trump level claim, can’t remember where I heard it but do recall being impressed ....

If I don't get a ticket I'm refusing to concede. It's rigged.

JR

by JR » 27 Nov 2020 19:56

72 bus
Snowflake Royal Won't be returning personally. The travel would be crazy under the circumstances.

Hoping I'll still be able to watch on IFollow.

Would not want the first pint out of those beer pumps in the madstad TBF

This is an excellent point! Although do our pies count as a substantial meal?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Nov 2020 17:20

The Real Sandhurst Royal Watford are doing a ticket ballot

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/ticket/news-ticket-ballot-open-for-december-matches

Ticket ballot for each game from those season ticket holders who paid the retainer and want to attend IMO would be the best approach. I believe that was what Atlanta Utd were doing in MLS. They made it clear that season ticket holders who decided they didn't want to attend or were unable to do so for health reasons would not lose out when 'normality' returned.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Nov 2020 17:43

RoyalBlue

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/ticket/news-ticket-ballot-open-for-december-matches

Ticket ballot for each game from those season ticket holders who paid the retainer and want to attend IMO would be the best approach. I believe that was what Atlanta Utd were doing in MLS. They made it clear that season ticket holders who decided they didn't want to attend or were unable to do so for health reasons would not lose out when 'normality' returned.

That’s what was stated would happen when they did the retainer. They even stated how ticket prices would be calculated.
IIRC each succeeding game, people who didn’t get tickets for previous games would get priority

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Nov 2020 23:46

Be points based as well. Which rewards loyal supporters.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Nov 2020 10:50

RoyalBlue

There's health reasons but more likely you'd want to attend with your friends and family. Single tickets from a draw won't be any use to a lot of people.

Fortunately I won't have to manage a situation with 3 STHs (Adult and 2 kids) where only one ticket is drawn.

302 posts