323 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (h) sponsored by Scott Murray

by Nameless » 28 Nov 2020 19:24

CountryRoyal
Nameless
CountryRoyal
I certainly wouldn’t send him back. He’s fine for back up and could do a job off the bench further forward, but hopefully we’ve seen the last of him at the back. One day he may very well develop into a good right back but it won’t be with us and it won’t be this season. His main issue is positioning and it’s not something you can just pick up in a few games, he needs the experience but we can’t afford to give it to him at the expense of our own results.

Semedo is a weird one, I think he fits what Forest fans said of him. I see him as an attack minded defensive midfielder but it’s a struggle to see what he tangibly offers at either hand. He’s not creative enough, or even technically good enough to play in the middle as an attacking midfielder and his positional sense is awful to play in Laurent/rino role. Again, in the right circumstances he’s fine off the bench but like Esteves I don’t want to see them starting.

Semedo and Esteves don’t make our starting XI, because we’ve got plenty of better options.
To call either ‘poor’ is simply daft .

I didn’t see they were. I just said I don’t want them starting, which up until today they were (some games due to necessity admittedly, however others not).

What ? I didn’t say you said it.
RetroRoyal said it and it has been the point under discussion.....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 19:26

Nameless
CountryRoyal
Nameless
Semedo and Esteves don’t make our starting XI, because we’ve got plenty of better options.
To call either ‘poor’ is simply daft .

I didn’t see they were. I just said I don’t want them starting, which up until today they were (some games due to necessity admittedly, however others not).

What ? I didn’t say you said it.
RetroRoyal said it and it has been the point under discussion.....

Fair, just you replied to mine so thought that was in reference to my comments on where they are lacking. Either way we agree; not poor, but not starting quality.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 11 Dec 2020 05:50

Simmops
Snowflake Royal Not entirely sure I back a minute's silence at Championship games for a foreign player who cheated our national team and was an awful role model

:|

Wow. That is very Karbota like of you Ian.

He was one of the best footballers in history. I think it is well deserved.

Agree with you Ian, nothing but a cheating druggie.

323 posts