MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by as tough as it gets

363 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by as tough as it gets

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Dec 2020 22:02

Real shame we didn't hang on to Requelmi, he would have been useful at this moment. The squad is looking really threadbare now.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 16 Dec 2020 22:04

Got a question for anyone who was there / watched the game. Should Pukki have been sent off? And how bad was the dive for the pen?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 22:04

Ascotexgunner Real shame we didn't hang on to Requelmi, he would have been useful at this moment. The squad is looking really threadbare now.

Sorry, no. that’s a proper mugs game that. We can’t miss a player that we never had. And a player none of us have ever seen kick a ball.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2020 22:05

I think the biggest disappointment is not being able to get a few more set pieces and corners - they looked pretty ropey defending balls into the box

Think set pieces look our best route to success atm

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Dec 2020 22:05

Franconian Royal Got a question for anyone who was there / watched the game. Should Pukki have been sent off? And how bad was the dive for the pen?

Not sure what Pukki should've been sent off for. Pen was a bad dive, but Moore dived in so easy for ref to give it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2020 22:05

Franconian Royal Got a question for anyone who was there / watched the game. Should Pukki have been sent off? And how bad was the dive for the pen?

No, and it was a dive but looked a pen in real time

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 22:06

If it had been at the other end. We would hands down been calling for a pen. No question. The ref had to give after a lunge like that.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 16 Dec 2020 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Dec 2020 22:07

Bristol Paul
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
We look tired. Norwich played very well, best team this season. Haven’t thought we’ve done too badly considering, just never look like creating anything substantial, as expected tbh.

It's been a pretty excellent display under the circumstances marred by two errors.

But we had to try some more shots and move forward quicker at times.

Wouldn’t say pretty excellent display. They played ok, but you can see the difference in quality given our injury situation. 4 homes defeats in 6 not good though. Norwich clearly going to be up there although I don’t think they are the best side I’ve seen this season.

Agreed re Norwich
Good but not the best

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Dec 2020 22:07

WoodleyRoyal If it had been at the other end. We would hands down been calling for a pen. No question. The ref had to give after a lunge like that.

Why he never touched him

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Dec 2020 22:08

Norwich are masters at getting one goal victories. done it countless times in the championship.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Dec 2020 22:08

WoodleyRoyal
Ascotexgunner Real shame we didn't hang on to Requelmi, he would have been useful at this moment. The squad is looking really threadbare now.

Sorry, no. that’s a proper mugs game that. We can’t miss a player that we never had. And a player none of us have ever seen kick a ball.

Well he seems to be adding to Bournmouths challenge pretty well and Athletico fans seemed a bit miffed he was loaned out so he must have something.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 22:09

bcubed
WoodleyRoyal If it had been at the other end. We would hands down been calling for a pen. No question. The ref had to give after a lunge like that.

Why he never touched him

Looked a pen in real time. Only replays showed it was minimal/no contact. And as I say if it had been at the other end we would have expected it.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Dec 2020 22:09

I doubt that. The ref have us nothing tonight.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 16 Dec 2020 22:11

Pepe the Horseman

Not sure what Pukki should've been sent off for. Pen was a bad dive, but Moore dived in so easy for ref to give it.

Thanks Pepe, thanks Hound for your opinions. I only had Dim and Mick to rely on.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Dec 2020 22:13

WoodleyRoyal
bcubed

Why he never touched him

Looked a pen in real time. Only replays showed it was minimal/no contact. And as I say if it had been at the other end we would have expected it.

Looked like a dive to me

Nobody falls over like that from a proper tackle
But I’m old fashioned like that

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 22:13

Norwich are a good blueprint to follow. The way they recruited and used the Maddison money to strengthen was excellent. We should aim to do the same with Olise.

I do think our first XI would have given them a better game, but they simply have the depth you get from several years good recruitment and development. I like to think we could do the same with Pauno (though the Dais will probably ruin it all by sacking him after a playoff loss and spunk a load of money on big name mediocrity).

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 16 Dec 2020 22:16

That was a horrible refereeing performance. It almost makes me hope we don't go up because it was just like trying to play twelve men every week in the premiership. It's not just the big decisions, it's the drip-drip-drip of the benefit of the doubt being given to the more illustrious side every time there is a 50:50. Despite his performance I still just assumed he was going to book the cheating Norwich bastard for diving when the penalty came.

Luckily we don't have VAR: they would have spent three minutes chalking off our goal for invisible handball then three minutes awarding the penalty because the complete lack of any contact whatsoever wasn't obvious from every angle.

JR

by JR » 16 Dec 2020 22:16

We would be ahead of Norwich at the top of the table if it wasn’t for shocking refereeing:

- our 3 disallowed pens vs We’d
- Wednesday’s 2 disallowed pens vs Norwich
- Norwich dive tonight

So they clearly are a strong outfit, but with competent refs we are leading this league

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Dec 2020 22:18

WestYorksRoyal Norwich are a good blueprint to follow. The way they recruited and used the Maddison money to strengthen was excellent. We should aim to do the same with Olise.

I do think our first XI would have given them a better game, but they simply have the depth you get from several years good recruitment and development. I like to think we could do the same with Pauno (though the Dais will probably ruin it all by sacking him after a playoff loss and spunk a load of money on big name mediocrity).

You really don’t do yourself many favours wyr. The mental spending on shit players was gourlay. Our recruitment over the last couple of years has been good. And every manger change under the dais have been correct (manger incomings not so much) but I really can’t fault the dais leadership to this point.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Dec 2020 22:27

Ascotexgunner
WoodleyRoyal

Well he seems to be adding to Bournmouths challenge pretty well and Athletico fans seemed a bit miffed he was loaned out so he must have something.

Hasn’t he only played 100 minutes or so this season? Can’t see that being too influential on their current league position.

363 posts