Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Dec 2020 16:54

Snowflake Royal Jager,for the love of sanity give it a rest.

Say's the guy bumping the thread. FFS snowflake.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2020 17:16

Meanwhile back on topic. Norwich fans are mightily relieved Reading have an injury crisis...

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/top ... /#comments

Seem a decent set of fans generally, there’s nowt inflammatory on there but obvs. gaining confidence a bit now.

Here’s to Reading getting that bit of luck that proves they’re more than just a couple of players in other fan’s eyes.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2020 18:05

Sutekh Meanwhile back on topic. Norwich fans are mightily relieved Reading have an injury crisis...

Seem a decent set of fans generally, there’s nowt inflammatory on there but obvs. gaining confidence a bit now.

Here’s to Reading getting that bit of luck that proves they’re more than just a couple of players in other fan’s eyes.

Nowt inflammatory? One of them implied Reading was in London, and then someone else described Reading as “an hour’s train from Piccadilly”!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Dec 2020 18:49

tidus_mi2
oldebiscuit And if you want to discuss hypocrisy, then ask your self how many Reading fans condemn racism but openly target and shout abuse at a red headed player? sing 'where's your caravan' or 'pikey' to a player with long black hair? And how many have sung 'Bobby Zamora the elephant man'? or any of the many disciminatory comments that are banded about

What crowd are you hanging around with? I've never heard chants like these at all.

I know, they sound great!!

(tbf Where's your caravan? Was a 90s thing :? )

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Dec 2020 19:21

SCIAG
Sutekh Meanwhile back on topic. Norwich fans are mightily relieved Reading have an injury crisis...

Nowt inflammatory? One of them implied Reading was in London, and then someone else described Reading as “an hour’s train from Piccadilly”!

Tbf on the last part, it takes 42 minutes to get from Piccadilly Circus to Reading. Bakerloo line -> Padderz -> Reading.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Dec 2020 19:46

Narch colleague says their CBs are a bit slow and if we stop their midfield we stop them.

So hopefully opportunity for Baldock to run the shoulder and Rino and Laurent to really stifle the carrot crunchers.

I suspect a point would be a good result for us thought.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2020 20:52

Hendo
SCIAG

Tbf on the last part, it takes 42 minutes to get from Piccadilly Circus to Reading. Bakerloo line -> Padderz -> Reading.

So less than three-quarters of an hour?

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 15 Dec 2020 21:06

Snowflake Royal
oldebiscuit
Snowflake Royal Post your opinion on a public discussion forum where you're saying something should happen and you make your opinion other people's business and fair game. If you don't want it commented on, keep it private.

The hypocrisy of you saying saying people should stop doing something you don't like and then complaining when someone challenges your view is impressive.

I wasn't abusive btw. And many would find your view more offensive than the single use of a swear word that's ce stored and not directed at anyone.

What people like you always fail to realise is that I am just as entitled to express my opinion that your opinion is a pile of casual racist thick as mince bullshit as you are to express it in the first place. That was a bit abusive btw. HTH.

Also, who was it who had a patronising pop at me out of no where for having a decent vocabulary and using it you inoffensively you double hypocrite old pcunt. That was pretty abusive. HTAH.

What a load of waffle with no content and average vocabulary. Less is more.

You need to grow up and accept that not everybody shares your opinion, and learn to try and not abuse those whose opinions differ from yours. Throwing names and insults is the weapon of spoilt brats.

And if you want to discuss hypocrisy, then ask your self how many Reading fans condemn racism but openly target and shout abuse at a red headed player? sing 'where's your caravan' or 'pikey' to a player with long black hair? And how many have sung 'Bobby Zamora the elephant man'? or any of the many disciminatory comments that are banded about

Most of those aren't racist. You post nonsense.

Succinct enough for you?

So some one has given you a Thesaurus as a gift and your i guess you're at that age where you are trying to portray yourself as articulate, throwing in a few big words here and there hoping to impress. I suggest that you learn how to use the words in context before using them, thus avoiding the cringe factor that you're spreading. Remember, Less is More.

You talk of Me patronizing you, yet you have the temerity to tell me how Black People feel, How would you know how they feel? How would you know how it feels to be the victim of racism? Do you think that the average Black Person needs you to tell the World what it's all about? You haven't got a clue! Do you think that you are some kind banner bearer for their cause whilst living in the safety of your suburban home and comfortable life? That is patronizing.

I have read through this thread taking on board what various posters have been saying, and so far it has been good natured and discussed with dignity, that is until you came along.

I'm really not interested in any more that you have to say, you obviously don't possess the simple skils required to have a rational discussion without being insulting. Maybe your not intelligent enough for that, i don't know, but whatever it is please try and maintain some dignity and leave me alone. do you understand what i am saying? PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Dec 2020 23:03

What are the norfolk boys saying? Happy to give up the 2 points for that filthy scummy swan dive? I would.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Dec 2020 23:07

Jagermesiter1871 What are the norfolk boys saying? Happy to give up the 2 points for that filthy scummy swan dive? I would.

Keep football off the Opposition fans thread

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Dec 2020 23:08

Reading their forum it doesn't sound like they do. Apparently a nailed on pen, decent performance by the ref and we only had 3 players out injured.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Dec 2020 07:50

Jagermesiter1871 Reading their forum it doesn't sound like they do. Apparently a nailed on pen, decent performance by the ref and we only had 3 players out injured.

Tbf, the pen was a classic "bought it". Big lunge by the defender, tiny bit of contact, attacker makes the most of it. It would not have been overturned by VAR. The game has lost its way, as it was better for Aarons to go down rather than try and score from a good position. But that's not an isolated issue, and we'd be saying it was a pen if it was the other way around.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2020 08:13

I’ve no real complaints on the pen tbh. It was a bit of a dive but there may well have been a bit of contact

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2020 08:46

You can't fault the ref for giving it even if there was no contact. In real time it's going to look bad to him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Dec 2020 09:54

Snowflake Royal You can't fault the ref for giving it even if there was no contact. In real time it's going to look bad to him.

As mentioned earlier, Moore clearly apologises to the team as he was walking out of area before the pen is taken - he knew that he had made a mistake and would have known that it would have looked like a penalty. So yeah, benefit of replay probably wasn't but at full pelt, my first view was also penalty.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2020 10:00

Stranded
Snowflake Royal You can't fault the ref for giving it even if there was no contact. In real time it's going to look bad to him.

As mentioned earlier, Moore clearly apologises to the team as he was walking out of area before the pen is taken - he knew that he had made a mistake and would have known that it would have looked like a penalty. So yeah, benefit of replay probably wasn't but at full pelt, my first view was also penalty.

Don't blame Moore, he always puts his body on the line and with no challenge it's a free shot on goal. Gibson sold us down the line by over committing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Dec 2020 10:07

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Don't blame Moore, he always puts his body on the line and with no challenge it's a free shot on goal. Gibson sold us down the line by over committing.

Don't blame either, these things happen - just stating that Moore felt the need to apologise. Sign of a good leader arguably - taking the blame on himself and move on.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Dec 2020 10:52

Disagree - it looked like a swan dive in real time. You would hope the lino had a decent view as well. There was no contact - it was a dive - we were cheated. VAR would have overruled it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Dec 2020 12:04

Jagermesiter1871

Disagree - it looked like a swan dive in real time. You would hope the lino had a decent view as well. There was no contact - it was a dive - we were cheated. VAR would have overruled it.

Well quite
Absolutely no contact as far as I could see

Either way as someone said elsewhere the game has lost its way if thats a pen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2020 12:41

Jagermesiter1871

Doubt it. The angle didn't definitively show no contact and I think if your toe is clipped that's not unlike how you could go down.

4464 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:08