MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a)

356 posts
Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a)

by Fox Talbot » 16 Feb 2021 22:40

Easiest win of the season. Wasn’t worried for one moment.

They really are one of the great under achievers as a club, on a par with Newcastle and Brum City.

Remember when we took 5000 down there in 1995. They were crap that day too.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Feb 2021 22:42

Holden's gone already :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Feb 2021 22:45

genome Holden's gone already :lol:

People do seem to get sacked quite frequently after playing us.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Feb 2021 22:45

Zip TMac is rapidly becoming my favourite player. I love the at he runs forward with the ball, his brilliance in the air and his thumping challenges.

hopefully we sort out a new contract sooner rather than later

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2021 23:12

3points
Zip TMac is rapidly becoming my favourite player. I love the at he runs forward with the ball, his brilliance in the air and his thumping challenges.

We mustn’t lose him in the summer.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Feb 2021 23:14

Zip
3points

I'm not sure I could handle that.

In for the TMac love

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2021 23:22

bcubed
Zip
3points hopefully we sort out a new contract sooner rather than later

I'm not sure I could handle that.

In for the TMac love

Even in his midfield cameos early in the season he was all action.
Apart from that one game against Preston he has been absolutely superb.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2021 23:27

Hendo
Nameless
Westwood52 Two fortunate goals and a few iffy individual performances.However Yids and Rino were excellent.The loanees were all poor;although to be fair Semedo did win a lot in the air.Another Ejaria screw up.It looks as if it is going to take time for Puskas to get up to speed.

You sound like you need to find another hobby !
You must have started trying to think of negative things to say before the game even started....

+1

I don’t know how either goals were fortunate for a start. Free kick played in, Joao control and scores. Morro runs through their defence and amazing assist from Joao puts Morro through and he dinks the keeper.

Loanees were poor? Esteves was fine, could’ve scored 2 goals on another night. Semedo probably had his best game for us.

Another Ejaria screw up? Ok so he didn’t make the most of a decent chance, it happens, we were 2-0 with a few minutes to go didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things at all.

The first goal was high quality. An excellent freekick. Joao’s control and finish were top class. Joao does brilliantly for the second with great skill and Morro on the end of a great run forward finishes. Lucky? Not at all.
Also agreed about the loanees. They all did well.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Feb 2021 00:00

Fox Talbot Easiest win of the season. Wasn’t worried for one moment.

They really are one of the great under achievers as a club, on a par with Newcastle and Brum City.

Remember when we took 5000 down there in 1995. They were crap that day too.

Wasn't so long ago we turned in performances like that. :?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2021 00:02

Sam Smith scored for Cheltenham tonight and getting some great reviews by their fans one of whom referred to Reading as a “great club”. I hope he can help them go up and join them in League One next season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2021 00:24

Not much to add really on an individual performance scale, but was a professional victory where we weren’t threatened

Was the possible opportunity to go for the jugular but no real need given the flow of the game and how comfortable we were

Bristol were abject though, you’ll struggle to find many worse a team performance than that, had shades of our 3-0 loss to Wolves a few years back at the end of Stam’s reign. Haven’t seen such a disinterested team in awhile

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2021 00:30

Hendo
Nameless
Westwood52 Two fortunate goals and a few iffy individual performances.However Yids and Rino were excellent.The loanees were all poor;although to be fair Semedo did win a lot in the air.Another Ejaria screw up.It looks as if it is going to take time for Puskas to get up to speed.

You must have started trying to think of negative things to say before the game even started....

+1

I don’t know how either goals were fortunate for a start. Free kick played in, Joao control and scores. Morro runs through their defence and amazing assist from Joao puts Morro through and he dinks the keeper.

Loanees were poor? Esteves was fine, could’ve scored 2 goals on another night. Semedo probably had his best game for us.

Another Ejaria screw up? Ok so he didn’t make the most of a decent chance, it happens, we were 2-0 with a few minutes to go didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things at all.

Second goal had an element of luck definitely, with how Morrison got through and I think it took a deflection

In saying that, not sure of any “iffy performances” - a solid team performance where we didn’t really leave gear 1 as there was no need

I’ve mentioned the need to rest certain players but tbf that game was effectively a rest for some of the players given the low intensity of the game

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Feb 2021 00:46

Zip Sam Smith scored for Cheltenham tonight and getting some great reviews by their fans one of whom referred to Reading as a “great club”. I hope he can help them go up and join them in League One next season.

No fans is shit. I'm only 5-10min walk away from Whaddon road.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 06:50

URZZZZ
Hendo
Nameless

+1

Second goal had an element of luck definitely, with how Morrison got through and I think it took a deflection

In saying that, not sure of any “iffy performances” - a solid team performance where we didn’t really leave gear 1 as there was no need

I’ve mentioned the need to rest certain players but tbf that game was effectively a rest for some of the players given the low intensity of the game

Looks like Laurent may just not have been risked last night than a major injury so hopefully last night is a good rest for him.

As for MMs goal, whilstbthe deflection helped, it looked like he was attempting something similar as the keeper went to ground early.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Feb 2021 07:59

Morro’s goal was a classic example of creating your own luck. The vision and confidence to drive forward and keep going was quite outstanding and by doing the unexpected he got the reward. If he’d simply won the ballin midfield and played it safe we probably wouldn’t have scored....
Lucky ? Perhaps, but it was luck he created.
Noticeably Tom Mc also surged forward in a similar style a couple of times in the second half. I wonder if Pauno had spotted their centre was soft, and told the cbs to give it a go or was it just spur of the moment decisions.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2021 08:17

CountryRoyal
Zip Sam Smith scored for Cheltenham tonight and getting some great reviews by their fans one of whom referred to Reading as a “great club”. I hope he can help them go up and join them in League One next season.

No fans is shit. I'm only 5-10min walk away from Whaddon road.

I’m just down the road....15 min drive.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Feb 2021 09:26

I will no doubt incur fury for saying this, but Morro's goal was not a wonder goal.

He does really well to push forward, see a gap, pass to Joao and continue his run. However, once he gets it back, it's a lucky ricochet and a deflected finish. I'd say a good goal for a CB overall, but Morrodonna he is not.

Pearce's stopovers at Doncaster and the Brynaldo cruyff turn at Anfield score higher.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Feb 2021 10:32

Nameless

Sadly after 60 years of supporting this club,it is no longer a hobby;more a life style choice.I said a few iffy performances.Estevez and Ejaria.I don’t care what anybody says;I really do believe we need to be more ruthless in front of goal.The midfield are short of around ten goals between them.Otherwise we would be top two.Classic Ejaria when in the clear last night;he pfaffed around when anyone else would have just gone straight for their goal.If Brizzie go down,their goalie looks a bit useful.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Feb 2021 10:35

Nameless Morro’s goal was a classic example of creating your own luck. The vision and confidence to drive forward and keep going was quite outstanding and by doing the unexpected he got the reward. If he’d simply won the ballin midfield and played it safe we probably wouldn’t have scored....
Lucky ? Perhaps, but it was luck he created.
Noticeably Tom Mc also surged forward in a similar style a couple of times in the second half. I wonder if Pauno had spotted their centre was soft, and told the cbs to give it a go or was it just spur of the moment decisions.

Have you noticed how good Tom Mc is on our corners,he is very accurate.There was that wonder goal earlier in the season,and he could easily have scored last night.There have also been a number of similar efforts this season.It seems to be something he is top class at.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2021 10:37

Westwood52
Nameless

Sadly after 60 years of supporting this club,it is no longer a hobby;more a life style choice.I said a few iffy performances.Estevez and Ejaria.I don’t care what anybody says;I really do believe we need to be more ruthless in front of goal.The midfield are short of around ten goals between them.Otherwise we would be top two.Classic Ejaria when in the clear last night;he pfaffed around when anyone else would have just gone straight for their goal.If Brizzie go down,their goalie looks a bit useful.

Your opinion is naturally valid but not sure what else you would expect from us as an attacking force - we're the second highest scorers in the league behind Brentford with only Cardiff, Bournemouth and Blackburn even breaking the 40 goal mark.

If we have any issue it is at the back, as unfortunately we are still seeing the issue that letting in 1 tends to lead to a second or third coming. So whilst we have the 2nd best attack, our defense is doggedly lower mid-table right down in 16th.

356 posts