Andy Carroll - He's back

580 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Andy Carroll

by morganb » 22 Nov 2021 11:37

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
NathStPaul Was impressed with the little we saw. Looked lean and fit, just needs to get that match sharpness.

How I saw it as well. Think he'll be someone to bring on for the first couple of games - wouldn't be surprised to see him starting once we get into December.

Was surprised by how much running he did. Thought he'd just be stood in the middle waiting for the ball to come across, but actually ended up out wide quite a bit.

When he ran he looked like a majestic stallion.

I do like the stallion analogy (especially coming from a "Horseman"!)

When he was out wide there was one pass he hit cross field that when his boot connected with the ball it made an almighty boom sound, a sound that was even audible about the "Du Du Du Du Andy Carroll!" coming from 1871.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Nov 2021 11:43

I'm already gutted that we've only got him until Jan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2021 12:18

He did good. Though we really need to feed him better. Still not convinced he'll start many or score many, but he was a plus at the weekend. The short term nature of the deal is the best way we could have made it.

I thought Puscas had a good game and showed flashes of what we could have had if we hadn't ruined him through misuse.

Why, when we always cross to an empty space beyond the backpost, are we so bad at defending that ball?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Nov 2021 12:19

I think his signing will really help Puscas. Carroll was talking to him throughout the time he was on the pitch and despite his high price tag it shouldn't be forgotten that Puscas is still young and relatively inexperienced. He is likely to learn an awful lot from Andy Carroll. Added to that, he is far more suited to playing as part of a two strike partnership and, given the chance and growing understanding between them, I believe the pair will feed well off each other.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Nov 2021 12:32

Pepe the Horseman I'm already gutted that we've only got him until Jan.

From things VP has said, I think there may already be an agreement in place for a longer stay if it works for all parties.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Nov 2021 13:00

Personally I would prefer I he had a hand in goals through his nuisance value (that's not to say I wouldn`t welcome goals from him) at least that will keep Bournemouth away in January.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Nov 2021 09:22

windermereROYAL Personally I would prefer I he had a hand in goals through his nuisance value (that's not to say I wouldn`t welcome goals from him) at least that will keep Bournemouth away in January.

I think we are well placed to keep him if he wants to stay and he stays fit - he is really good friends with Dann and he doesn't want to be too far from his Essex home as he doesn't want to be away from his family too much. I think unless he gets a good offer from a London based club, that he will end up being here for the season at least.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Nov 2021 09:33

Stranded
windermereROYAL Personally I would prefer I he had a hand in goals through his nuisance value (that's not to say I wouldn`t welcome goals from him) at least that will keep Bournemouth away in January.

I think we are well placed to keep him if he wants to stay and he stays fit - he is really good friends with Dann and he doesn't want to be too far from his Essex home as he doesn't want to be away from his family too much. I think unless he gets a good offer from a London based club, that he will end up being here for the season at least.

Guess there is always a chance a Prem club might take a punt. Not a good one obvs, but someone like Norwich. think he is more likely to end up there than another champ club. And obvs if they did come in and pay say 20k a week, and be closer to home (no idea where in Essex lives, its a pretty big county) he'd prob jump

But hopefully not, like him as an option

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Nov 2021 10:04

Surprised to see Andy play on Saturday. He's taller and lankier than I thought.

I always thought he was a short fat bloke with spiky ginger hair.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Nov 2021 11:29

Millsy Surprised to see Andy play on Saturday. He's taller and lankier than I thought.

You're thinking of Paul Scholes.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Nov 2021 16:48

Millsy Surprised to see Andy play on Saturday. He's taller and lankier than I thought.

Sweet Jesus

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Nov 2021 18:09

leon

Sweet Jesus

You may be right…
https://twitter.com/AndyTCarroll/status ... 85760?s=20

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 27 Nov 2021 17:19

Lower West Another injury prone has been. :cry:

Just such a BAD post in every way possible.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Nov 2021 17:39

Barney

Are we ABSOLUTELY sure he’s not injured ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2021 18:36

Barney

You do know he's played a total of 141 minutes of football and was subbed off after going down 'injured' right?

You've gone off rather half cocked there.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Nov 2021 00:28

Snowflake Royal
Barney

You do know he's played a total of 141 minutes of football and was subbed off after going down 'injured' right?

He wasn't injured, he knew he was being subbed so played for time, if he scores one every 141 minutes (he wont) but gets everyone around him playing better.
I'll take that any day

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2021 11:56

72 bus
Snowflake Royal
Barney

He wasn't injured, he knew he was being subbed so played for time, if he scores one every 141 minutes (he wont) but gets everyone around him playing better.
I'll take that any day

Hence the apostrophes.

Yes, going well so far. Doesn’t mean much unless it continues.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Nov 2021 12:36

I was skeptical, but no complaints so far. Making a real difference. If I had one complaint it would be our failure to get the deal over the line in August

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2021 09:05

According to a story in The Athletic this morning, Big AC is only on £1k/week, which is quite frankly astounding.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Nov 2021 09:13

Hendo According to a story in The Athletic this morning, Big AC is only on £1k/week, which is quite frankly astounding.

I guess his hope is that we may sell Swift, Rafael, Puscas or A.N.Other and be in a position to offer better wages in January. Or if he plays well enough, he may move to a different club.

But I think it illustrates what Covid has done to the market. I think Dann and Carroll would have had no issues getting a decent Championship wage a few years ago, but not any more. In many ways the timing has helped us, as all our rivals are also skint while we're under the embargo from the EFL.

580 posts