BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

156 posts
Needle

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by Needle » 08 Jan 2022 20:07

Absolute shocker. Pauno can go.

Very poor atmosphere in the away end (right side). Left side was a bit better but the team gave us nothing to respond to. Probably the worst football I've seen from a Reading side.

I hope they can track down the utter bellend that tossed the smoke bomb on. Stopped what looked like our most promising attack.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 Jan 2022 20:51

CountryRoyal To end on a positive, it only took me 40 minutes to get home.

It took me 40 minutes just to get out of the railway station car park.

That really was terrible. Did we create single chance in the whole of the second half?

We did pass the ball nicely in the middle of the field at times, but we had the cutting edge of a blancmange in the final third.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 21:02

I am really hurting from that. Seriously hurting. That is probably the lowest I've felt as a Reading fan bar premier league relegation at Derby in 2008.

Ok it was a 2nd string side but they should have been winning that game. Paunovic is a joke and needs to leave as he's not popular or doing a good job. Get Colin in til the end of the season with a £500k bonus for keeping us up.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 08 Jan 2022 21:17

I thought today would of been a good chance to install some confidence back in the team but we decided to pick a fairly youthful side and then play some terrible football. No idea what our tactic was today, it seemed to be hit long balls to Puscas and hope for the best.

But don't worry Reading fans Pauno said January is going to be really difficult so no point turning up for the next few games much like our players.

When was the last time we got knocked out by a non league club ?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Jan 2022 21:19

Royal_jimmy I am really hurting from that. Seriously hurting. That is probably the lowest I've felt as a Reading fan bar premier league relegation at Derby in 2008.

Ok it was a 2nd string side but they should have been winning that game. Paunovic is a joke and needs to leave as he's not popular or doing a good job. Get Colin in til the end of the season with a £500k bonus for keeping us up.

oxf*rd off to all of that.

JR

by JR » 08 Jan 2022 21:30

I’ve checked the record books and that was the first time in the history of the FA Cup that a league side has lost to a non-league side without winning a corner.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 08 Jan 2022 21:46

Some of our “fans” also managed to produce a performance of epic proportions. Flare man has already been mentioned but the clown that launched a 6ft by 3ft advertising board down the terrace into the back of another fans head at half time was probably the star of the show. Not the best of days for Reading Football Club.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2022 21:53

Tom Holmes has posted that someone swung at one of his family members too. Dickheads.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 Jan 2022 22:00

Royal_jimmy I am really hurting from that. Seriously hurting. That is probably the lowest I've felt as a Reading fan bar premier league relegation at Derby in 2008.

Weirdly I don't feel that bad. I think I'm numb to it now. Not at all surprised.

Getthebeerens When was the last time we got knocked out by a non league club ?

Probably Colchester in the early 90s.

For a club below the 5th tier, Bishop Stortford in 82/83 - and that was at home.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Jan 2022 22:03

Orion1871
AthleticoSpizz Jimmy Quinn hopefully…there’s the goal…hit it

More likely to be someone who didn't score many goals as a player and recently left a similar coaching role at Rangers.

Having squandered our latest golden generation of Olise, Loader, Richards, Stacey etc I look forward to selling off the fruits of his labour for pennies on the pound later this decade

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 22:27

Pepe the Horseman Tom Holmes has posted that someone swung at one of his family members too. Dickheads.

Think our support away has been getting progressively more nasty and stupid for a while now.

Flares aren't new to us. Not the first bunch of utterly dickish things I've heard about.

I'm sure Holmes will want to stay and sign a new contract more now.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 08 Jan 2022 22:42

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Tom Holmes has posted that someone swung at one of his family members too. Dickheads.

Think our support away has been getting progressively more nasty and stupid for a while now.

Flares aren't new to us. Not the first bunch of utterly dickish things I've heard about.

I’ll second this, Lots of idiots on the trains today, I saw some idiot chucking a bottle across a platform at some Kiddy fans who had a small child with them. We have some horrible people following our club.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2022 22:42

@ Ian
Nothing much has changed…22 years ago at Wolves our dickheads rocked up…only to run away at the exiting the ground stage…leaving spizz and his young daughter to take the rap for them :from the beying mobs roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 22:45

AthleticoSpizz Nothing much has changed…22 years ago at Wolves our dickheads rocked up…only to run away at the exiting the ground stage…leaving spizz and his young daughter to take the rap for them :roll:

I never went to a lot of away games, but I never saw anything particularly bad. It's not much to go on, but through the late 90s to mid 2010s I don't think we had any sort of problem.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I don't recall hearing about anything either.

Worst I saw was Afers getting upset someone stole spongebob.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jan 2022 22:57

This is going to sound weird but watching the highlights (I wasn't there obviously) I actually feel really happy for Harriers and it brought a smile to my face.

It took me back to when we were little underdog Reading in a small shitty ground, really close to the action, loads of positive atmosphere and to the times when we beat 'bigger' teams at Elm Park. Great, great old days.

Fast forward several decades and we're in a new plastic stadium watching *some* overpaid arrogant tossers who don't give a toss about the club or the town, just hoping academy can be a step to get them to Bayern Munich, or a minimum fee release clause away to the PL. Or players who have been here years but only give a toss about trying when they're in the last year of their contracts. Of course you still have the likes of Meite, Holmes, Southwood etc who seem to care about the town and the club but the feel is totally different.

This is the price of progress.

We used to mock 'big' entitled clubs when our young lads would beat them in our shitty old stadium, and they have every right to have their time in the spotlight and mock us.

Well done to Harriers!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 08 Jan 2022 23:02

Just back home after a thirteen hour day including six hours on trains. In the many many years I’ve been watching Reading FC I’ve never ever heard our fans so vocal in their disgust at both Pauno and the shameful team performance. We were shocking , totally lacking in fight and spirt , clueless and as the 1400 travelling fans chanted , the players weren’t fit to wear the shirt . Kidderminster thoroughly deserved their victory making us look like the non league side . Nothing else to say really , apart from the biggest loudest chant from our fans was …..”you’re getting sacked in the morning “ to Pauno , I really do hope so .

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 Jan 2022 23:08

Snowflake Royal

Yea seems to be a growing trend when playing a lower league side away from home. Remember Crawley a few years back that provoked a few disgraceful chants about Hillsborough. Got a bit nasty in the stands too between our own support.

Really don’t get it. Direct your anger towards the Dais, not your own fans

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Jan 2022 23:18

Millsy This is going to sound weird but watching the highlights (I wasn't there obviously) I actually feel really happy for Harriers and it brought a smile to my face.

It took me back to when we were little underdog Reading in a small shitty ground, really close to the action, loads of positive atmosphere and to the times when we beat 'bigger' teams at Elm Park. Great, great old days.

Fast forward several decades and we're in a new plastic stadium watching *some* overpaid arrogant tossers who don't give a toss about the club or the town, just hoping academy can be a step to get them to Bayern Munich, or a minimum fee release clause away to the PL. Or players who have been here years but only give a toss about trying when they're in the last year of their contracts. Of course you still have the likes of Meite, Holmes, Southwood etc who seem to care about the town and the club but the feel is totally different.

We used to mock 'big' entitled clubs when our young lads would beat them in our shitty old stadium, and they have every right to have their time in the spotlight and mock us.

Well done to Harriers!

What the fcuk are you on about this time Millsy.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jan 2022 23:22

CountryRoyal
Millsy This is going to sound weird but watching the highlights (I wasn't there obviously) I actually feel really happy for Harriers and it brought a smile to my face.

Well done to Harriers!

What the fcuk are you on about this time Millsy.

No need to be offensive just because you're butthurt about the defeat mate.

Really not too intellectually difficult to work out the point I'm making, even if you disagree.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2022 07:57

PieEater As CR said it was a complete shitshow. All game we did nothing apart from the one chance we scored, there rest of the time we were fannying around being generally clueless and waiting for Kidderminster players to run out of steam. There was no game plan, tactics, or anything to put pressure on a team 4 divisions below us. You have to say they deserved their win because we certainly didn't.

As for the goals, Rafael can't oxf*rd off soon enough, the first was pathetic, the second was a clear foul but he needed to be stronger.

I'm really getting a bit sick of following a shit team, that are predictably shit every match. There's something seriously wrong with our club that the team decides not to bother turning up and ends up with the result and performance being a complete embarrassment.

Prematch we went to the Weavers Alehouse as the station pubs were completely rammed. You can see why it's won awards despite looking like an estate pub, if it wasn't for that it would have been a complete waste of a day.

At least it’s consistent, same appalling tactics every game. Should never ever have replaced Bowen at least he had some clue about changing things to meet available resources and challenges.

156 posts