Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Millsy » 24 Jan 2022 14:16

NathStPaul
Dixie Norm
NathStPaul Club 1871 have a job to do and that job is to be as disruptive as possible before, during and after games.

TBF - I'm not sure why its all down to Club1871 to do something, surely any Reading fan can do something or are the people who sit in the rest of the ground completely incompetent?

They are the most passionate and vocal of the Reading supporters, it is on them. They wanted their own supporters movement and they got it, they have to now use it to try and enforce change and be the voice of the Reading supporters. They also sit together in the ground in large numbers, they have the power to protest.

Exactly this.

"Why send fit young men to the front line, why aren't the women/children/elderly sent up are they completely incompetent?"... said no successful army, ever.

Every club has its young, free and vocal who have the means and ability to spearhead change as required. Those who have done their bit over the years and now have families and sit with kids and older folk around them are surely not expected to continue to do this ffs.

We can muck in where possible, sure, but the responsibility is primarily with C1871. You're not just there to sing about Meite.

Can't believe what I'm reading.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jan 2022 15:08

paultheroyal Club 1871 were back on it last Saturday, so much better.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jan 2022 15:09

NathStPaul
Dixie Norm
NathStPaul Club 1871 have a job to do and that job is to be as disruptive as possible before, during and after games.

TBF - I'm not sure why its all down to Club1871 to do something, surely any Reading fan can do something or are the people who sit in the rest of the ground completely incompetent?

They are the most passionate and vocal of the Reading supporters, it is on them. They wanted their own supporters movement and they got it, they have to now use it to try and enforce change and be the voice of the Reading supporters. They also sit together in the ground in large numbers, they have the power to protest.

+1

all too manufactured imo

getting a professionally made banner does nothing

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Jan 2022 17:22

lord :lol:

imagine using Ian Royal as your spokesman :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... g-fc-fans/

but this....

GET
TO
PFUCK

"People now trust Club 1871 to be a voice of the fanbase and say ‘no, we’re not having this anymore."

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2022 09:30

Simmops lord :lol:

but this....

GET
TO
PFUCK

"People now trust Club 1871 to be a voice of the fanbase and say ‘no, we’re not having this anymore."

I'm sure the club will be delighted by this, given how they've bent over backwards to accommodate C1871, and the amount of revenue they've lost by cutting down the away allocation.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jan 2022 09:41

Pepe the Horseman

but this....

GET
TO
PFUCK

I'm sure the club will be delighted by this, given how they've bent over backwards to accommodate C1871, and the amount of revenue they've lost by cutting down the away allocation.

To be fair to Club 1871 they kinda had to say something. They are seen by many as an elite group of supporters who have got their own way for a while now. For them to be silent at this time would lead to a lot of questions being asked of them. They are between a rock and a hard place.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2022 09:44

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman

but this....

GET
TO
PFUCK

To be fair to Club 1871 they kinda had to say something. They are seen by many as an elite group of supporters who have got their own way for a while now. For them to be silent at this time would lead to a lot of questions being asked of them. They are between a rock and a hard place.

Yeh and fair play to them. Just wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly disappear.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jan 2022 10:10

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman I'm sure the club will be delighted by this, given how they've bent over backwards to accommodate C1871, and the amount of revenue they've lost by cutting down the away allocation.

Yeh and fair play to them. Just wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly disappear.

Yep, can't see this working out for them long term. Better to die standing up for what you believe in though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Jan 2022 09:12

Pepe the Horseman

but this....

GET
TO
PFUCK

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The demise is well under way

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 12:08

I'm hopeful we don't see Club 1871 attendances dwindle over the coming weeks. I can fully understand why they would, but they wanted this in the ground and they got it so they should stick by it, which I believe they should.

I always thought it was a good idea for the club in general and I believe it will continue to be successful if we can get more fans in the door once we can actually start winning games.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2022 12:13

YorkshireRoyal99 I'm hopeful we don't see Club 1871 attendances dwindle over the coming weeks. I can fully understand why they would, but they wanted this in the ground and they got it so they should stick by it, which I believe they should.

I always thought it was a good idea for the club in general and I believe it will continue to be successful if we can get more fans in the door once we can actually start winning games.

Just eyeballing but it feels if you compared the % decrease of attendees across the stands, C1871 would show the smallest decrease. Not something that is great to compare though.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 12:23

tidus_mi2
YorkshireRoyal99 I'm hopeful we don't see Club 1871 attendances dwindle over the coming weeks. I can fully understand why they would, but they wanted this in the ground and they got it so they should stick by it, which I believe they should.

Just eyeballing but it feels if you compared the % decrease of attendees across the stands, C1871 would show the smallest decrease. Not something that is great to compare though.

Yeah I've just based it off the fact that the whole stadium's attendance has decreased, so that "some" will have come from Club 1871, even though it likely is less % than the rest of the ground. Either way, it's still far from full in that area so that's what we can hope for.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jan 2022 19:30

Don`t feed the trolls, the longer this thread stays active the longer the main two nobheads will feel the need to post their nothing views.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Jan 2022 20:08

windermereROYAL Don`t feed the trolls, the longer this thread stays active the longer the main two nobheads will feel the need to post their nothing views.

Seems like club1871 fans are rattled

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2022 23:14

In case anyone was stupid enough to think it, that has nothing to do with me. I wouldn't dream to presume I could speak for C1871. I also could not be arsed to buy banner, and I've not interest spending ££s to travel across the covid infected country to watch us lose, when I can do that from my sofa

Seems to me the Chronic has gone out to get an interview with a handful of people who took a banner, and represent it as some sort of official view of what is mainly just a collection of individuals who feel strongly about backing RFC.

Much like any fan, if they're constantly served shit, people will sooner or later turn.

I suppose Dai might be petty enough to shut down the section, but it'll do no good. It'll kill what little atmosphere there is. And he'll have to play behind closed doors to avoid criticism and banners at games.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 29 Jan 2022 15:10

Currently in the away end.

Great support from Club 1871 as usual.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jan 2022 15:19

St Pauli Currently in the away end.

Great support from Club 1871 as usual.

How many are there?

None. Because they don't go to away games .

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 29 Jan 2022 15:23

Loads.

And they’re rocking the away end.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jan 2022 16:07

St Pauli Loads.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 29 Jan 2022 16:23

Simmops
St Pauli Loads.

:|

They were.

You can’t blame them for giving up with the shot on display.

2100 posts