Do you want ince to go before the end of the season?

Do you want ince gone before the end of the season

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 47
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Do you want ince to go before the end of the season?

by Brogue » 18 Mar 2023 18:46

That’s right, it’s that time again. Another famous poll from brogue. Do you want ince gone before the season is up? Or do you want him to carry on?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do you want ince to go before the end of the season?

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Mar 2023 18:52

No - If there's something PInce has proven himself in it's steering the club away from a relegation battle. We've got 8 games left and I would be far more confident with him in than any new manager.

To be blunt, we might not be able to afford to pay him off. I don't know what he's earning - but could easily be half a million right? We don't have that sort of money to throw about.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2023 18:58

He's completely lost me. But at this point I'm kinda past caring about the club's fortunes this season, so I just don’t care whether he goes before season end or not.

Bowen is the obvious interim appointment, but why would he do it after last time and it comes with loads of baggage if he does.

Big fat meh.

Dai out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 19:04

Perennial

No

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Mar 2023 19:38

No, as there’s little point. I have got used to the utter dross now but maybe we can get a win or two. Not sure if that’ll be enough to keep us up but I am already resigned to relegation.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 19:51

Ffs, get over yourself.

Agree there’s very little to be optimistic about right now…there was even less at the start of the season (until we nearly went top lol)…we were already relegated according to most.

…but when Ince gets us over the line…good job done….couldn’t give a flying fukk how it’s happened.

Keep it real

Jinx

by Jinx » 18 Mar 2023 20:06

100% agreed Spizz

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 18 Mar 2023 20:07

P.Ince is one lucky guy!! Carrolls totally underserved goal saved him from the sack today!! That performance up until the goal was about as bad as it gets and the crowd were getting pretty restless.
I think the pressure is really getting to him, his interviews are "Blame Blame Blame" and his son totally lost it today and should have been dragged off after that incident.
If you called one of your bosses a "Cu_t" at work i'm pretty sure you would disciplined or given the boot!!
His constant rambling on that his players aren't good enough is crazy poor management....it's his tactic's that's the problem not the players!!!
If you continually tell an employee he's shit at his job, eventually he'll believe he's shit at his job!!! great way off getting the 110% needed out of an employee.

So i hate to say this, but we probably could of done with a defeat today just to get rid of P.Ince, however, it looks like that undeserved goal has seen us lumbered with him for at least a few more weeks until the next run of defeats. :cry: :cry:

Jinx

by Jinx » 18 Mar 2023 20:08

Why was the goal undeserved??

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 20:34

Crowbar6753 P.Ince is one lucky guy!! Carrolls totally underserved goal saved him from the sack today!! That performance up until the goal was about as bad as it gets and the crowd were getting pretty restless.
I think the pressure is really getting to him, his interviews are "Blame Blame Blame" and his son totally lost it today and should have been dragged off after that incident.
If you called one of your bosses a "Cu_t" at work i'm pretty sure you would disciplined or given the boot!!
His constant rambling on that his players aren't good enough is crazy poor management....it's his tactic's that's the problem not the players!!!
If you continually tell an employee he's shit at his job, eventually he'll believe he's shit at his job!!! great way off getting the 110% needed out of an employee.

So i hate to say this, but we probably could of done with a defeat today just to get rid of P.Ince, however, it looks like that undeserved goal has seen us lumbered with him for at least a few more weeks until the next run of defeats. :cry: :cry:
jeez, let’s all lemming

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 18 Mar 2023 20:45

AthleticoSpizz
Crowbar6753 P.Ince is one lucky guy!! Carrolls totally underserved goal saved him from the sack today!! That performance up until the goal was about as bad as it gets and the crowd were getting pretty restless.

jeez, let’s all lemming

Not at all lol, just totally fed up of all this boring, negative football on show...we were at home to Hull, yet we were set up as if we're playing Utd in the cup again.
Nothing against Hull, but they weren't great let's face it....we're at home and needing points for safety, lets at least be a wee bit more positive.
We didn't touch the ball for the first 6 mins and made Hull look like Barcelona lol!! Get in their faces and press its hardly rocket science.

Oppsss...sorry i forgot, the players were tired after playing 4 tough games!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 20:50

Yes…you’ve hit the nail over your own head :wink: , positivity, Hull under Rosenior have improved for sure.. and its another point towards 23/24 Championship football for us.

Sh1t game tho’

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 18 Mar 2023 21:07

AthleticoSpizz Yes…you’ve hit the nail over your own head :wink: , positivity, Hull under Rosenior have improved for sure..
and its another point towards 23/24 Championship football for us.

Sh1t game tho’

and its another point towards 23/24 Championship football for us.
i really hope so Spizz, i really hope so :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2023 21:09

Don’t we all…keep the faith…at least until May

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Mar 2023 00:09

He highlighted Hull are a good side who spent lots on their squad. Bloody hell Paul, they were only 1 place above us, can’t be that good :roll:

True they have spent lots of money, but that doesn’t buy success. In fact I’d dread to think how much garbage he’d sign himself if he was given a kitty to spend

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Mar 2023 01:05

Notts Royal He highlighted Hull are a good side who spent lots on their squad. Bloody hell Paul, they were only 1 place above us, can’t be that good :roll:

True they have spent lots of money, but that doesn’t buy success. In fact I’d dread to think how much garbage he’d sign himself if he was given a kitty to spend

Hull are shit. And so are we. Ince is not the sharpest tool in the box. Just listen to his interviews.

Can we just have a manager who is bright and knows what to do?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2023 08:28

Not on the evidence of the last 10 years.

Delboy

by Delboy » 19 Mar 2023 11:02

Even if Ince stays he should not be here next season . Give Bowen 8 games to restore some pride in the players and get the fans onside . Meanwhile be looking for a successor, important Bowen is here next season . Problem may be EFL can we get rid of Ince ?

Marc89

by Marc89 » 19 Mar 2023 11:27

Delboy Even if Ince stays he should not be here next season . Give Bowen 8 games to restore some pride in the players and get the fans onside . Meanwhile be looking for a successor, important Bowen is here next season . Problem may be EFL can we get rid of Ince ?

I don’t see why we couldn’t sack ince if we replaced him with Bowen as it wouldn’t be costing the club anymore money in theory?

That said less than convinced Bowen does much better, we had plenty of poor games under him which a much better squad of players.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 19 Mar 2023 11:53

Yesterday, like the past few weeks was dire and Ince isn’t the future of this club - I think everyone is in agreement with this (probably the powers that be too).

HOWEVER, I do think it’s important to remember that before this impending points reduction we are sat 9pts clear of relegation despite the transfer restrictions and having been clear favourites for the drop before the season started. Anyone would have bitten your hand off if offered our current position pre season - meaning as it stands (however much everyone will want to argue against it) Ince has done a good job this season with his resources and the expectations set upon him.

I genuinely think he still has the players buy-in and if we were to get rid now it could throw the changing room. Also got no idea who could come in now. So on balance, let Ince finish the job he started which is keeping us up with some horrible football then reset with a new manager and hopefully no embargo in the summer.

It’ll be a grim end to the season, but no good will come for shouting for the managers head every week when we all need to pull together like we’ve done in previous seasons to stay up - as relegation could be catastrophic for the club.