Loyalty Points - Do they Make sense?

Loyalty Points - Good Thing - Bad Thing?

Good Thing
76%
Bad Thing
24%

Total votes: 89
notloyalenuffroyal

Loyalty Points - Do they Make sense?

by notloyalenuffroyal » 27 Jul 2006 10:25

Rather than the usual boasting of......

Oooh I've got more points than you 'cos I went to To Trowbridge Away in 1985 (yes I know!).......

Has anyone thought through the logic.

Surely Reading FC has to be about the future - taking new people - increasing stadium size - encouraging kids to support and get involved and play the game.

Surely Loyalty Points stop this happening! Kids don't - and won't get to see the big games - ever - because the people with the most loyalty points will keep going to these games and building their loyalty points.

The club have done the token thing of making silver games worth 10 more - but still the people with the most points will be able to purchase first.

It's the plastics thing isn't it! Too many of the people in their little Reading bubbles thinking they are more important than most as they have £1000 (by the time you have included travel and food and merchandise) to spend on football each year.

Think of us little people - and more importantly people with families as they are the future - we could do a Blackburn and have tiny crowds if it goes wrong-

It makes no sense - scrap the Loyalty Points!!!!!!!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Loyalty Points - Do they Make sense?

by TFF » 27 Jul 2006 10:29

notloyalenuffroyal Think of us little people

Keep dwarves out of football stadia

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Loyalty Points - Do they Make sense?

by Huntley & Palmer » 27 Jul 2006 11:05

notloyalenuffroyal Rather than the usual boasting of......

Oooh I've got more points than you 'cos I went to To Trowbridge Away in 1985 (yes I know!).......

Has anyone thought through the logic.

Surely Reading FC has to be about the future - taking new people - increasing stadium size - encouraging kids to support and get involved and play the game.

Surely Loyalty Points stop this happening! Kids don't - and won't get to see the big games - ever - because the people with the most loyalty points will keep going to these games and building their loyalty points.

The club have done the token thing of making silver games worth 10 more - but still the people with the most points will be able to purchase first.

It's the plastics thing isn't it! Too many of the people in their little Reading bubbles thinking they are more important than most as they have £1000 (by the time you have included travel and food and merchandise) to spend on football each year.

Think of us little people - and more importantly people with families as they are the future - we could do a Blackburn and have tiny crowds if it goes wrong-

It makes no sense - scrap the Loyalty Points!!!!!!!

Whole families at football are one of the reasons why the support at clubs has dwindled in it's passion. Whatever happened to your old man introducing his son to football by taking him down his local boozer to meet the lads then onto the ground after. Say no to mum and AN Other child coming

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 27 Jul 2006 11:37

So far the only time that Royalty points have realised their exclusive value was for one away fixture which was Arsenal v Reading. To date it has been possible for casual supporters to accrue their first Royalty points by attending less glamorous fixtures and in time they will have enough points to buy tickets for the more popular fixtures.

Providing it is possible for supporters to get themselves on the bottom of the ladder then royalty points work and are a good thing.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2006 12:23

There needs to be some way of differntiating supporters for ticket priority, because with 18k STH we'll be over-subscribed for just about all away games and especially for cup games with lower allocations.

Or do we want to go back to the old days where it was everybody queueing together and first-come first-served? Or bring along three ticket stubs?

Can anyone think of a better way of doing it?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Jul 2006 12:28

Aren't they planning to have a rolling cut off point.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Jul 2006 12:34

What are Loyalty points??

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2006 12:35

I belive they're going to have smaller bands of points values with each of them having a shorter period of sale.

JR

by JR » 27 Jul 2006 12:48

I personally believe that regular away supporters do not get rewarded enough, as you only recieve a paltry 2 points.

Villa allocate their tickets based on the number of away games attended by the supporter last season, e.g. first band is anyone over 6, next band is over 4 and so on. This is a better way of rewarding the dedicated fans who go to the less glamourous away matches.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2006 12:49

JR I personally believe that regular away supporters do not get rewarded enough, as you only recieve a paltry 2 points.

Villa allocate their tickets based on the number of away games attended by the supporter last season, e.g. first band is anyone over 6, next band is over 4 and so on. This is a better way of rewarding the dedicated fans who go to the less glamourous away matches.

You're out of date - it's 5 points an away game this season.

JR

by JR » 27 Jul 2006 12:51

Dirk Gently
JR I personally believe that regular away supporters do not get rewarded enough, as you only recieve a paltry 2 points.

Those of us that travelled to Burnley in the snow last season still only get 2 points for that.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Jul 2006 12:53

JR
Dirk Gently

Those of us that travelled to Burnley in the snow last season still only get 2 points for that.

Those of us who travelled 3 years ago got bugger all for that. It's 5 points from now on.

JR

by JR » 27 Jul 2006 13:02

Dirk Gently
JR
Dirk Gently

Those of us who travelled 3 years ago got bugger all for that. It's 5 points from now on.

Fair point. And if you are a truly devoted supporter then you can purchase an AST and be guaranteed tickets anyway. No more grumbling from me with such a fantastic season ahead.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 27 Jul 2006 14:45

Dirk Gently
JR

And we had to see Ian F-ing Wright score against us. And See Linvoy win more headers in one game than Lita has won in his entire life (including in training)

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 27 Jul 2006 15:27

HighburyRoyale
Dirk Gently
JR

And we had to see Ian F-ing Wright score against us. And See Linvoy win more headers in one game than Lita has won in his entire life (including in training)

and you get twenty points for going the Feyenoord friendly? so i went to 10 away games last year at 50 quid per away game minimum travel and if someone goes to that friendly they get the same points as me, what a load of tosh

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Jul 2006 15:47

I think you all misunderstand the issue here; firstly, the name is wrong - they aren't LOYALTY points (as the imply that if you have more points than someone else you are more loyal) but are called ROYALTY points - which are no different in effect than a Tesco Clubcard.

The more you spend, the more points you get.

Hence an away trip to watch Hull where RFC get 5% of the ticket price is worth less TO THE CLUB than you spending £16 (plus buying the programme, the pie, the beer etc) on the Feyenoord friendly.

The equivilent "spend" on an away game in comparison with that £16 is a whopping £320..........(in other words, RFC would get as much from an away ticket that cost £320 as it gets for the Feyenoord friendly.....)

"Look at me Bertie Big B0ll0ocks - I go to away games" is an irrelevance for the points as, in terms of generating revenue for the club, it doesn't do anything much at all.

Far fairer would be to get points for ANY purchase in the Megastore - for example; special points awarded for individual items - 10 points for the away shirt, 10 points for a home shirt, and maybe 5 points for every £20 you spend generally (other clothing, books, DVD etc etc etc).

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 27 Jul 2006 15:53

Mr Angry I think you all misunderstand the issue here; firstly, the name is wrong - they aren't LOYALTY points (as the imply that if you have more points than someone else you are more loyal) but are called ROYALTY points - which are no different in effect than a Tesco Clubcard.

Hence an away trip to watch Hull where RFC get 5% of the ticket price is worth less TO THE CLUB than you spending £16 (plus buying the programme, the pie, the beer etc) on the Feyenoord friendly.

The equivilent "spend" on an away game in comparison with that £16 is a whopping £320..........(in other words, RFC would get as much from an away ticket that cost £320 as it gets for the Feyenoord friendly.....)

"Look at me Bertie Big B0ll0ocks - I go to away games" is an irrelevance for the points as, in terms of generating revenue for the club, it doesn't do anything much at all.

Far fairer would be to get points for ANY purchase in the Megastore - for example; special points awarded for individual items - 10 points for the away shirt, 10 points for a home shirt, and maybe 5 points for every £20 you spend generally (other clothing, books, DVD etc etc etc).

I thought we didnt get a penny for away games unless its a cup game.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 27 Jul 2006 16:07

JR
Dirk Gently

Personally i dont think anyone should get any points at all for last season. You only get a chance to prove your loyalty (sorry, Royalty) when things aren't so good. If Burnley last year was worth 2 points then Burnley midweek a couple of years back (0-3) was worth 50.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 27 Jul 2006 16:58

RFCSinceBury1971
Mr Angry I think you all misunderstand the issue here; firstly, the name is wrong - they aren't LOYALTY points (as the imply that if you have more points than someone else you are more loyal) but are called ROYALTY points - which are no different in effect than a Tesco Clubcard.

I thought we didnt get a penny for away games unless its a cup game.

quite correct i don't think we do, the clubs buys tickets and if they don't sell them the other clubs buys them back

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 27 Jul 2006 22:16

[quote="Mr Angry"]"Look at me Bertie Big B0ll0ocks - I go to away games" is an irrelevance for the points as, in terms of generating revenue for the club, it doesn't do anything much at all.quote]

But until the end of last season, that was the only reason royalty points existed. Maybe the club need to seperate away allocation and royalty points...