Not good!

bloody Volvo driver

Not good!

by bloody Volvo driver » 20 Aug 2006 20:30

Taken from Boro's rivals network. (Fly me to the Moon)

If this is as he has stated, then it is an absolute and utter disgrace.....

An open question to those Reading fans who...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....attacked (not too strong a word) the Middlesbrough Disabled Supporters minibus on Relief Road as it was leaving the Madejski yesterday:

I am the current Chairperson of Middlesbrough FC Disabled Supporters Association, and would like to ask........

Are you pleased with your cowardly behaviour, which caused a great deal of unnecessary upset to some of the disabled kids on board? They were scared stiff that you would eventually smash the windows in, and have asked not to be taken to any more away games with us. One of the youngsters was over the moon to be going to his first ever away PL game, but, having spoken with his parents earlier to ask after his welfare. this unsavoury episode has knocked his confidence totally, and he is still very quiet and traumatised today.

The able-bodied Middlesbrough fans on board were only prevented from escalating the situation due to the drivers' presence of mind, by keeping the minibus moving forward, albeit at walking pace, which stopped them getting off the bus and into an unwanted confrontation.

We had heard stories beforehand of an infamous band of cowardly scumbags who'd recently associated themselves with Reading FC called "Scorpions" who got their kicks by terrorising women and kids, and if I hadn't witnessed it at first hand, I'd have dismissed it as nonsense; sadly, it appears that you have an undercurrent of neanderthals who embrace the 60's and 70's culture of hooliganism.

I apologise to all true Reading fans for my vitriol, and this is no way meant to be a "paint everyone with the same brush" statement, but I would urge you to rid your support of this cancer, and if you know any of those morons responsible, to report them to your Club, which doesn't deserve to be blighted by those likely to give it a bad name.

Paddy
Chair, MDSA

working class hero

by working class hero » 20 Aug 2006 20:43

Given the status of the poster it is likely to be true..... Let us hope they are reported to the club. This is cowardice and I despise such scum.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Aug 2006 21:03

I'd be very surprised if that is in any way a true reflection of any incident that happened.

Team with no sort of reputation decide to attack a minibus full of disabled away fans after the greatest win in their clubs history - hard to believe.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 20 Aug 2006 21:17

No one's going to condone that behaviour but:

Anyone see this?

Anyone heard of the Scorpions 'gang'?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2006 21:52

If true, these people are no fans of the club.

CocoPops

by CocoPops » 20 Aug 2006 21:53

Never heard of anything remotely like that before.

I don't think there would be many (if any at all) that would condone such an action.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Aug 2006 21:55

Schards#2 I'd be very surprised if that is in any way a true reflection of any incident that happened.

Team with no sort of reputation decide to attack a minibus full of disabled away fans after the greatest win in their clubs history - hard to believe.

Agreed. Remember Peterborough a few years ago?

A similar post on here, but it turned out that a Peterborough fan had been leaning out of the emergency exit door shouting abuse at passing Reading fans.

pieface

by pieface » 20 Aug 2006 23:25

cant see that being true but if it is then i aplogise to those kids having to experance that but am intrested to know if anyone else saw this happen and if a complaint was taken up by urself to the club?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Aug 2006 01:29

Very sorry to hear this I have never heard of the scorpians and whoever they are. They are not a reflection of geniune Reading supporters.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Aug 2006 09:05

Jackson Corner Very sorry to hear this I have never heard of the scorpians and whoever they are. They are not a reflection of geniune Reading supporters.

if they aren't a figment of some pre-pubescent imagination.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 21 Aug 2006 16:15

Found this on the Boro message board in relation to this incident.
This is why they thought it was the Scorpions.

Dear losers,

Looking forward to Saturday? You shouldn't be you losers, revenge is going to be oh so sweet!!!

A cheer still goes up at half time when your scoreline is read out and you are losing (like normal)

'we beat the boro
we beat the boro
Paul Holsgrove scored like a mother'

p.s any of you knuckle draggers looking to get the bus after the game will be in for a surprise, word down here is that 'The Scorpions' (our firm) are going to put on a good show for you, watch your backs mincers!

get back down t' pit
http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?si ... =531415150

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 21 Aug 2006 22:22

Found this as one of his replys

You ain't gonna be laughing when they get you. TTC (Thames trains crew) are always up for a bit, ask Aldershot about the friendly last season, wasn't so friendly (.....if you know what I mean)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last season? :?

Scorpians :? :lol:

Any of them HobNobbers?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Aug 2006 00:12

sound like a bunch of f*ckwits who should be locked up to me.

I'd shop 'em in an instant if I knew who they were and they'd done what has been suggested.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Aug 2006 06:45

Ian Royal sound like a bunch of f*ckwits who should be locked up to me.

I'd shop 'em in an instant if I knew who they were and they'd done what has been suggested.

.....and if they existed.

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 08:48

They're the tw@ts that post on OAE.

Office boys with nothing better to do than post rubbish and then phone each other to say how hilarious their post is. :roll:

Probably Prudential workers! :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Aug 2006 08:58

What is OAE? :oops:

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 22 Aug 2006 10:08

[quote="SouthDownsRoyal"]What is OAE? :oops:[/quote
Offateleven.com
http://reading.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=942

Reading Til I Die
Location: Anywhere there's a cold pint with a voluptuous barmaid!

by Reading Til I Die » 22 Aug 2006 11:40

SouthDownsRoyal What is OAE? :oops:

A place you don't want to visit or post on...total waste of time and they're so in-bred and up their own arses that they even allow a QPR fan to post utter shite about Reading! :shock:

But he works with them, so that's ok!

They must be the only bunch of thirtysomethings still on work experience in an office! :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 22 Aug 2006 22:23

Farnborough Royal Found this as one of his replys

You ain't gonna be laughing when they get you. TTC (Thames trains crew) are always up for a bit, ask Aldershot about the friendly last season, wasn't so friendly (.....if you know what I mean)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last season? :?

Scorpians :? :lol:

Any of them HobNobbers?

FFS, those posts are just a wind up. Thames Trains Crew? Come on wise up.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 23 Aug 2006 11:11

working class hero Given the status of the poster it is likely to be true..... Let us hope they are reported to the club. This is cowardice and I despise such scum.

as mentioned on the thread on Team we have verified that it did happen and it has been reported.