I am now officially bored of watching Leroy Lita

269 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Oct 2006 12:30

Mr Irascible Doyle and Kitson with Long as replacement. Lita is all bluster and no results!

strangely enough I thought the same, but if you check over last season we picked up more points per game with Doyle and Lita starting than when Kitson started. Averaged more goals per game too, but by a narrower margin.

Despite that, I do think we'll be better with Kitson back though, as Doyle and Lita seem to operate as twin lone strikers rather than a partnership.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Oct 2006 12:30

My point is not about yesterday's match alone, he has been identically ineffective in every match I've seen. He has been unable to keep the ball for any more than a split second or two, in every game.

You just know what is going to happen every time he gets the ball, he is going to try to collect, control and spin with his back to goal in the same movement but it just will not work against Premiership defenders. They just stand there and blot him out. He rarely finds space, tough in this league of course, and seems to think he has done his job if he wins a throw in.

I desperately want him to do well, but as I say, he just seems so utterly predictable that I just find watching him (kind of) boring now.

As for Long's performances in the Reserves or v Darlington? No I haven't seen them, but think he has shown himself to be a fast learner and although his 1st touch lets him down on occasions he seems to cause the defense more unresy than Lita.

Any, it's off my chest now, and of course whoever plays will get my full backing!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 12:31

Alan Partridge
NTRoyal Thought Lita was much better than Doyle last night.

Was a shame because a fully fit Doyle may have given them a few more problems.

The partnership doesn't really work, and it wouldn't work with Long in there either, all 3 are under 6ft and there is no different option.

We needed another forward, didn't get one so we have to make do.

Lita and Doyle until Kitson is back it's as simple as that.

You honestly think Long will get pushed off the ball as easily as Lita did yesterday? It was like a man against a boy at times when a Chelsea defender was up against him. At least Doyle stood his ground, got us some free kicks and managed to hold them off to get a shot on goal.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:31

Royalee
Alan Partridge
Ian Royal
Alan Partridge
Royalee
Alan Partridge I bet all the ones who are saying Long should start haven't seen the reserves this season or went to the Darlington cup game?

Nope, just seen all of the times where Long's come on for Lita this season and from having no attacking outlet and not being able to hold the ball up, we actually begin to look like scoring near the end.

Well if you had of gone you'd have seen Long have an absolute shocker in both psst against a League 2 rubbish side but carry on.

Would one of those be a game where Lita scored a brace?

It may well of been :wink:

As you just said, it was only against a rubbish League 1 side. Make your mind up, either they were rubbish and uncredible opposition or they weren't, you can't have it both ways. Wasn't Hunt also crap in that game? Yet you've been calling for him to keep his place.

Your judgements are totally biased Royalee, you critcise Lita but worship the ground the likes of Convey walk on. Hunt was excellent yesterday so deserves to stay in. There is genuine competition for places on the wings. While Kitson is injured there is little competition so Lita should stay in. The other difference is Lita isn't playing badly, he just needs a goal. It did make me think when that ball was bobbling around near the end, 'I wonder if Lita would have been far away from that?'

They are a rubbish side but if you bothered to see the quality of in particular the 2nd goal, the finish was of Premiership standard.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:33

Royalee
Alan Partridge

The partnership doesn't really work, and it wouldn't work with Long in there either, all 3 are under 6ft and there is no different option.

You honestly think Long will get pushed off the ball as easily as Lita did yesterday? It was like a man against a boy at times when a Chelsea defender was up against him. At least Doyle stood his ground, got us some free kicks and managed to hold them off to get a shot on goal.

Yeah Lita should be holding off that number 26 he looked shite didn't he! :roll:

The same Long that couldn't make a 5 yard pass when on and got repeatedly shoved off it? I have no problem with Shane Long, think he's a very good young forward but there is no way he should be dispacing either of our forwards at the minute.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Oct 2006 12:33

:shock:
I find that a bit incredible, but hey ho, post match analysis is all about opinions isn't it?!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 12:34

Royalee
Alan Partridge

What are you on!? Lita is much stronger on the ball than Long, the only thing that lets him down a little is his first touch and Long's is hardly much better. He is getting no service and working in a partnership that doesn't work. He isn't the sort that creates a chance from nothing like Doyle.

The partnership isn't ideal, but it is very firmly the best we have available.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:35

Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

What are you on!? Lita is much stronger on the ball than Long, the only thing that lets him down a little is his first touch and Long's is hardly much better. He is getting no service and working in a partnership that doesn't work. He isn't the sort that creates a chance from nothing like Doyle.

You'll have to stop soon IR, speaking far too much sense for this board. :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 12:35

Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

LOL @ that post.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 12:36

Alan Partridge
Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

No, just speaking rubbish that your opinion agrees with.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 12:36

Alan Partridge
Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

I do that sometimes. Then just as I'm getting big headed someone who isn't a total oxf*rd tells me I'm talking complete drivel and looking back I have to agree.

Still better than Royalee who does it all the time.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:37

Royalee
Alan Partridge
Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

And more importantly, the Barclays Premiership Manager of the Month agrees with, but you know best of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 12:38

Alan Partridge
Royalee
Alan Partridge
Ian Royal
Royalee
Alan Partridge

And more importantly, the Barclays Premiership Manager of the Month agrees with, but you know best of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats definitely 1 to AP.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Oct 2006 12:40

I have no intention of getting involved in a slanging match but I do think Lita is too predictable at the moment and whatever Long's weaknesses, I say again, he is learning last, and seems to create stuff when he is on the pitch, maybe in part because he is raw, and therefore more unpredictable, but playing in the 1st team, from the start, might just work.

Anyway that's Coppell's job and I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing now, but no harm in creating debate, if that is what this thread could remain.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:43

Royal Rother I have no intention of getting involved in a slanging match but I do think Lita is too predictable at the moment and whatever Long's weaknesses, I say again, he is learning last, and seems to create stuff when he is on the pitch, maybe in part because he is raw, and therefore more unpredictable, but playing in the 1st team, from the start, might just work.

Anyway that's Coppell's job and I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing now, but no harm in creating debate, if that is what this thread could remain.

No doubt about it, if we had a striker over 6ft similar to Kitson I would be in favour of 'resting' one of our current two. Sadly we don't and in my mind anyway Lita and Doyle at the minute are still the best two available.

Malx

by Malx » 15 Oct 2006 12:45

Long had a very poor game yesterday and isn't capable of keeping hold of the ball. I think when Kits returns he should go out on loan for a month and get some regular 1st team experience so he can develop a bit more. He is definately more one for the future than present.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Oct 2006 12:49

Alan Partridge I bet all the ones who are saying Long should start haven't seen the reserves this season or went to the Darlington cup game?

Aslo love how Lita is getting stick despite having NO service, having to do a lot of Kitson's work and also being marked by the England captain, only Reading fans eh!! :lol: :roll:

I'm all for strikers being paid to score, Lita has scored one Premiership goal in 7. I am usually an optimist, but think where we would be if we had a free scoring striker.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 12:52

URZZZZZZZZ

Aslo love how Lita is getting stick despite having NO service, having to do a lot of Kitson's work and also being marked by the England captain, only Reading fans eh!! :lol: :roll:

I'm all for strikers being paid to score, Lita has scored one Premiership goal in 7. I am usually an optimist, but think where we would be if we had a free scoring striker.

Doyle only has 3 including a penalty :wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 12:53

It's funny how Doyle's managed three times Lita's goal tally this season with 'no service'.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 12:53

Alan Partridge
URZZZZZZZZ

Doyle only has 3 including a penalty :wink:

Harder to score a penalty against Van Der Sar than the sitter Lita missed against Wigan.

269 posts