Sometimes Shit Just Happens

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 18 Oct 2006 10:29

bobby m's syrup Holt is being deliberately provocative, stoking a debate that will run and run...and sell newspapers. If he's such a great journalist, what is he doing writing for a rag like the Mirror?

That theory is such a myth, how many people buy papers just because there is x celebrity on the front page, or a certain story that might appear in the paper, or the latest scandal, it's Bullshit.

Everybody I know, buys one paper, and generally stick to it Monday - Friday, nobody I know buys papers just because of what is on the front or back page.

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 18 Oct 2006 10:40

SpaceCruiser Mirror are tossers.

Only because you have to look at your ugly mug.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 18 Oct 2006 10:52

Petercccccc
SpaceCruiser Mirror are tossers.

Only because you have to look at your ugly mug.

:lol:

Gentleman Jim

by Gentleman Jim » 18 Oct 2006 10:54

You just have to yawn at Chelsea and their neanderthal fans. It just gets boring reading the same drivel after a while on those mail comment sites. It seems we are just another step on their long journey every season of having someone to blame (in case) something goes wrong for them.

But wasn't it just last week that they were turning their pitch into a beach ready for the Barca game?

Doesn't Drogba and Robben get slated every other week for falling over thin air to get opposition players sent off and gain penalties?

Doesn't John Terry get away with palming shots away inside his own penalty area?

Doesn't Jose Mourinho get to make outrageous comments about Reading FC and the local ambulance service with no repercussions?

If Chelsea REALLY believe they can pull these accusations off to the FA, why havn't they summitted a formal complaint yet?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 18 Oct 2006 11:02

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Oct 2006 11:49

Martin Samuel was crap when he was at the Daily Express.

Fully agree with him now. :shock:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Oct 2006 12:26

CFCnet is a shit website. Comments have to be approved by mods, no reading views are allowed and its censored to oxf*rd, how pathetic.

Banjax

by Banjax » 18 Oct 2006 12:44

its good to read but i think by now the only people that actualy believe we are thugs are chelsea fans and dicks called jose

oh and Lehman what the funk has it got to do with you? keep your big german nose out

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 18 Oct 2006 12:50

Dangerous
bobby m's syrup Holt is being deliberately provocative, stoking a debate that will run and run...and sell newspapers. If he's such a great journalist, what is he doing writing for a rag like the Mirror?

That theory is such a myth, how many people buy papers just because there is x celebrity on the front page, or a certain story that might appear in the paper, or the latest scandal, it's Bullshit.

Everybody I know, buys one paper, and generally stick to it Monday - Friday, nobody I know buys papers just because of what is on the front or back page.

No theory involved here, just an admittedly cynical opinion. But whilst we are on the subject, why do newspapers bother to advertise particular upcomming story lines if "everybody" is committed to a particular paper Mon-Fri?

Annecdotal evidence doen't really cut it in the real world. Surely any contention based upon, "Everybody I know" ..... is by its very nature, "bullshit".

warrpp

by warrpp » 18 Oct 2006 12:58

one small problem with holts assertions

right at the begining of his article, he says that hunt was yards away when cech collected the ball

BO**OCKS

has he actually watched the clip back ?

coz if he had he would have seen that hunt is no more than one stride away from cech at the precise moment he grabs the ball

and the fact he goes on to say that all the ex-pros have to a man come out in support of hunt are all backing him because they all think it was happening every week "in my day"

slagging off bob wilsons opinion as irrelevent because he used to be a mentor to someone nicknamed "safe hands"

what the f**k has that got to do with the incident, wilson was just giving an opinion as an ex gk

if everything was as obvious as mourinho thinks it was , surely everyone to a man would have come out an backed his view

the fact that they haven't means that he's basically saying "i'm right, and youre all wrong" and this is all further proof that "everyone hates chelsea and they're all jellous of our success and money"

to quote kenneth williams

"infamy........infamy....they've all got in infamy" :lol:

Whitehurst

by Whitehurst » 18 Oct 2006 14:18

Apologies if it's appeared here elsewhere, but this quote by Didier Drogba made me laugh: "I am not paranoid, but people have it in for Chelsea."

When retirement day comes, there's a career in comedy waiting for him.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Oct 2006 14:25

Silver Fox I used to quite like Oliver Holt when he was on Jimmy HIll's show but that article is awful. The suggestion that Hunt should pull out of a challenge because there's no way that Peter Cech will mishandle on a slippery surface that was partly to blame for the incident is absolute nonsense. Does he not remember when Barthez (much shitter than Cech I know) fumbled the ball against Arsenal in the rain and Henry scored? Perhaps Thierry should have strolled back to the halfway line then?

What a kunter

Actually, if you use the principal of Holt's article to the full, then Barthez should have seen that it was Thierry Henry, most peoples 'best striker in the world' (sorry Spacey) and thought "I have absolutely no right to even attempt to get to that ball and should just let him go on and score".

But then Henry would have to remember that although Barthez is not everyones best keeper he was actually on the pitch when France won the World Cup so he should have left the ball too.

End result is that both sets of players just stand there for 90 minutes trying to work out who has more of a right to have the ball and it all ends up with a best of 3 of Rock, Paper, Scissors. :roll:

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 18 Oct 2006 14:30

Didier Drogba "I am not paranoid, but people have it in for Chelsea."

:lol::lol::lol:

David Coleman eat your heart out

Jimpanzee

by Jimpanzee » 18 Oct 2006 14:41

bobby m's syrup Changing horses in mid stream? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1779&ct=5

Check out one of the comments on the article:

You Chelsea haters are all the same - a disgrace.

- William Phallus, Melbourne Australia

William Phallus!?!? You are having a laugh!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To have one name that can be seen to have a connection with the male reproductive organ is unfortunate...but both?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 18 Oct 2006 15:12

From Mirror message board, well done Steve, whoever you are!

Message to Oliver Holt. I have just read your piece on Stephen Hunt. You should be ashamed of yourself.
If you were closer than the 30 yards I was from where the incident took place, then I respect the fact that you may have seen something I didn't. However, I can't see how you were. So what on earth possessed you to write such terribly misinformed and ill-conceived nonsense? Your conclusions smack of somebody either (a) desperately wanting to be 'controversial', or (b) desperately wanting to ingratiate himself with the Chelsea PR machine, for whatever reason.
What your piece therefore represents is a disgraceful piece of desperate, attention-seeking journalism. Did it not occur to you when writing it that you were at odds with almost every professional opinion on this outside SW6?
May I respectfully suggest that you read Martin Samuel's column in The Time. That's proper sports writing. You might even be able to try it yourself one day. You are a disgrace to your profession.
[QUOTE=Steve from Belfast, Northern Ireland]

Jimpanzee

by Jimpanzee » 18 Oct 2006 15:15

I'm sure there was a thread on HNA some time ago about a Nobber who was relocating to NI...can't for the life of me remember who it was though :?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 18 Oct 2006 15:16

Jimpanzee I'm sure there was a thread on HNA some time ago about a Nobber who was relocating to NI...can't for the life of me remember who it was though :?

Wasn't that Tredder?

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 18 Oct 2006 18:35

Jimpanzee
bobby m's syrup Changing horses in mid stream? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1779&ct=5

Check out one of the comments on the article:

You Chelsea haters are all the same - a disgrace.

- William Phallus, Melbourne Australia

William Phallus!?!? You are having a laugh!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To have one name that can be seen to have a connection with the male reproductive organ is unfortunate...but both?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently, according to the same comments, Reading are a disgrace to football. :roll:
Shame he spelt Cech wrong!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Oct 2006 18:54

Custard Cream A. Realise there is no chance of the world's best goalkeeper spilling the ball, change the direction of your run and jog back towards the half-way line.
If that's the option they're suggesting then the FA may as well hand the Premiership title to Chelsea now and teams not bother trying to give them a game as there's little chance of beating what is on paper the best side in the league. :roll:

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 18 Oct 2006 18:58

Forbury Lion
Custard Cream A. Realise there is no chance of the world's best goalkeeper spilling the ball, change the direction of your run and jog back towards the half-way line.
If that's the option they're suggesting then the FA may as well hand the Premiership title to Chelsea now and teams not bother trying to give them a game as there's little chance of beating what is on paper the best side in the league. :roll:

lol. Especially if what we saw is anything to go by. Thats like saying there is no point trying to save a shot from Henry, or tackle Ronaldinho. :roll: Stupid journalists