Convey

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 09 Nov 2006 18:29

Legend
soggy biscuit
Wycombe Royal
Nezhen Reading send Lita to the Democratic Republic of Congo

I think there would be some on here who would quite happily pay his air fare (I'm not one of those if you were wondering)

I would drive him to the airport, carry his bags, check him in, buy him a gift from duty free, show him the way to the departure lounge and even select what meal he wants on the plane if it meant he would never come back again.

I'll PM you his address. For a tenner, i can get the spare key to his house too.

So, Legend, where's the medal?

:wink:

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Nov 2006 19:17

I have my suspicions that convey is actually trying to change sports while back home after seeing this picture of him with a screaming eagles scarf.

topfuller

by topfuller » 09 Nov 2006 22:48

Man Utd confirm interest in Adu

Chelsea have also been linked with 17-year-old Adu
Manchester United are attempting to negotiate a two-week trial for American teenager Freddy Adu in November.

Perhaps hes really gone back to convince Freddy to come to us and not Man U ...?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 09 Nov 2006 23:08

soggy biscuit
Wycombe Royal

I think there would be some on here who would quite happily pay his air fare (I'm not one of those if you were wondering)

I would drive him to the airport, carry his bags, check him in, buy him a gift from duty free, show him the way to the departure lounge and even select what meal he wants on the plane if it meant he would never come back again.

you wouldn't rather he just knuckled down and worked on his game, or do you just find it easier to have a scapegoat to blame for these unaccustomed harder times?

Check back to last season and see in terms of points per game, and goals per game, how well the Doyle/Kitson and Doyle/Lita pairings matched up.

Lita's the best finisher at the club, but he's not a player who'll take on defenders and create a chance. He didn't even do that last season. Give him good service and he'll score. The service of late has been almost non-existant.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 10 Nov 2006 00:37

soggy biscuit
Wycombe Royal

you wouldn't rather he just knuckled down and worked on his game, or do you just find it easier to have a scapegoat to blame for these unaccustomed harder times?

Check back to last season and see in terms of points per game, and goals per game, how well the Doyle/Kitson and Doyle/Lita pairings matched up.

Lita's the best finisher at the club, but he's not a player who'll take on defenders and create a chance. He didn't even do that last season. Give him good service and he'll score. The service of late has been almost non-existant.

Think your having a laugh saying that, for me Doyle & Kitson are both far better finishers than Leroy "Touch of a rapist" Lita

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Nov 2006 09:20

Rev Algenon Stickleback H these unaccustomed harder times?

If you call mid table in the top divison 'hard times' then what the f**k did you think when we were 2 or 3 divisions lower???

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 10 Nov 2006 18:39

soggy biscuit

If you call mid table in the top divison 'hard times' then what the f**k did you think when we were 2 or 3 divisions lower???
me? I'd call them "normal", but I'm not the one panicking and labelling our players a disgrace because I'm not used to watching a Reading side that loses more than it wins.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 10 Nov 2006 18:47

Coppell's Right Footed 11
soggy biscuit
Wycombe Royal

Think your having a laugh saying that, for me Doyle & Kitson are both far better finishers than Leroy "Touch of a rapist" Lita

Lita's a player you expect to bury his chances, and yes, I'd expect him to bury them more clinically than Doyle or Kitson. Think back to his goals last season. Not a large number of bread & butter tap-ins among them. What he can't do is create a chance for himself as he isn't much good at beating a man, but give him service and he'll score. It's the service this season that's been the problem.

footyyank

by footyyank » 10 Nov 2006 19:15

soggy biscuit I have my suspicions that convey is actually trying to change sports while back home after seeing this picture of him with a screaming eagles scarf.

Screaming Eagles is one of the Supporters groups for DC United.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 10 Nov 2006 19:25

SC stated today that Convey will be back from the States the end of next week, so that rules him out of the Charlton game as well at least.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Nov 2006 19:33

soggy biscuit

me? I'd call them "normal", but I'm not the one panicking and labelling our players a disgrace because I'm not used to watching a Reading side that loses more than it wins.

there is none so bitter as an internet snob

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 10 Nov 2006 19:34

soggy biscuit
soggy biscuit

if I'm a snob does that make you a pikey?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Nov 2006 19:34

soggy biscuit
soggy biscuit

if I'm a snob does that make you a pikey?

in your eyes Rev, I expect so

WhatsTheSitch

by WhatsTheSitch » 10 Nov 2006 19:44

rotherwick_royal SC stated today that Convey will be back from the States the end of next week, so that rules him out of the Charlton game as well at least.

That rules him in for turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberries, and all the fixin's (including mac n cheese, no doubt). Lay off seconds of the pumpkin pie, Bobby, you haven't been too active of late!

royals pete

by royals pete » 10 Nov 2006 19:47

Lita was my choice as top marksman for the Premier this season, and have to say he's disappointed.

No good saying he needs a run in the side. He's had a good one

No good saying give him the chances and he'll score. He HAS to do his bit and that involves hard graft.. Anyone could say 'put it on my foot in the box and I'll stick it in'

And whats the good of comparing with last season. The defenders we face now are different class.

But anyway...roll on Sunday..who IS going to play up front in 4-4-2 I assume

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 11 Nov 2006 08:27

Legend
soggy biscuit
Wycombe Royal

I'll PM you his address. For a tenner, i can get the spare key to his house too.

:lol: lita may have fewer friends than convey

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 11 Nov 2006 13:00

Hoop Blah
SouthDownsRoyal May as well go home if he isn't near ready to play.

But yet again we rushed him back to play against Pompey when he wasn't ready and have probably knocked his recovery back by another 3 weeks.

How many times have we done that over the last 18 months? Kitson, Little, Murty, Convey and Sonko having to make miracle recoveries to play...

I hope we don't repeat this again with Murty!

totally agree with this, the club have rushed players back too soon for a number of years

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 11 Nov 2006 13:17

I wish Convey a speedy recovery and i hope he'll be fired up to score goals and create them as well. Good luck in your recovery BC.