I Love Him, I Love Him Not

191 posts
rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 14 Feb 2007 11:35

Love:

Graeme Murty - inspirational captain, gentleman (handshakes for goalscorers!), football pundit and overall good egg. Spent ages playing football with my son at a local fete in the Summer too.

Hate:

Shane Long - Much too strong a word again but I'm just not convinced. I don't think he'll get a look in when all the forwards are fit. Runs funny too!

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 14 Feb 2007 11:41

Love - Blakey. A genius with the ball at his feet. Like a young Stanley Matthews

Hate - Oster. Just annoys me. More like a young Bernard Matthews.

In the past...

Love - Gilkesey. His raw pace, skinning full-backs - especially in front of the southbank. a joy to behold.

Hate - Loads during the dark days of late 80's. Mark Whitlock immediatley comes to mind. Plust the loads of rubbish players who just happy to take the money during the TB1 and TB2 eras

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 14 Feb 2007 12:26

rotherwick_royal Love:

Graeme Murty - inspirational captain, gentleman (handshakes for goalscorers!), football pundit and overall good egg. Spent ages playing football with my son at a local fete in the Summer too.

Hate:

Shane Long - Much too strong a word again but I'm just not convinced. I don't think he'll get a look in when all the forwards are fit. Runs funny too!

Yes, bloody fast.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 14 Feb 2007 12:30

Love watching - Glenn Little.

Hate watching - Steve Sidwell, because I know he's a greedy sod.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Feb 2007 12:32

Love: Kitson, Little, Shorey

"Hate": Seol, Convey

Rest somewhere in the middle.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 14 Feb 2007 13:03

Love - Sonko, Doyle, Hunt and Leroy.

As far as I'm concerned Sonko and Doyle can do no wrong. I love how he will never be beaten in a one on one situation, his heading ability and his undoubted loyalty to Reading. The same applies to Doyle who is a fantastic player and has that added bonus of being a superb professional.

Hunt and Lita I love for getting Reading fans (myself included with regards to Hunt) to completely change their opinions. Lita I have always had faith in for some reason and I love that cocky streak which he thoroughly deserves. Hunt as well has proved a lot of people wrong. I never doubted his work rate but was of the opinion that the premiership would prove that his ability was lacking. I think his sheer tenacity has completely plastered over his elements of inability and until Convey shows the same fight he has got a long wait on the sidelines.

Hate - Seoul and Sidwell. Seoul doesn't work hard enough and seems to kill counter attacks by being too lethargic. My dislike for Sidwell is completely irrational. Maybe because he is a ginger.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Feb 2007 13:15

Love
Harper - heart of the team
Little - should never be able to get the cross in but somehow he always does
Shorey - so comfortable at left back and now so confident he may even score with his right foot

Hate
Kitson - over rated, doesn't work hard enough for the team, not done it in the Prem yet
Marcus - good shot stopper yes, but just occasionally he can't make his mind up to come and get the cross or stay put

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Feb 2007 13:37

bcubed Love
Shorey - so comfortable at left back and now so confident he may even score with his right foot

Hate
Kitson - over rated, doesn't work hard enough for the team, not done it in the Prem yetMarcus - good shot stopper yes, but just occasionally he can't make his mind up to come and get the cross or stay put

LOLOLOLOLOL

Started 1 game and scored, injured after 45 mins

Is it 2 sub appearances he has had? Won ball back on both occasions for us to score the decisive goal. I hate him he really is crap!!!!!!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Feb 2007 13:46

londinium
bcubed Love

Hate
Kitson - over rated, doesn't work hard enough for the team, not done it in the Prem yetMarcus - good shot stopper yes, but just occasionally he can't make his mind up to come and get the cross or stay put

LOLOLOLOLOL

Is it 2 sub appearances he has had? Won ball back on both occasions for us to score the winning goal. I hate him he really is crap!!!!!!!

If that's proof enough for you that he's Premiership class, good luck. Personally I don't think he ie is yet and I recall the game at Highbury last year where he took way too long to decide what to do never mind do it. I think he will improve under the guidance of Sir Steve, but he hasn't done it yet

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 14 Feb 2007 13:47

londinium
bcubed Love

Hate

LOLOLOLOLOL

Is it 2 sub appearances he has had? Won ball back on both occasions for us to score the decisive goal. I hate him he really is crap!!!!!!!

This is irrational hate - you cant criticise!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Feb 2007 13:49

bcubed
londinium
bcubed Love

Hate

LOLOLOLOLOL

Is it 2 sub appearances he has had? Won ball back on both occasions for us to score the winning goal. I hate him he really is crap!!!!!!!

If that's proof enough for you that he's Premiership class, good luck. Personally I don't think he ie is yet and I recall the game at Highbury last year where he took way too long to decide what to do never mind do it. I think he will improve under the guidance of Sir Steve, but he hasn't done it yet

It may not be definitive proof that he is good enough,. but judged on his minutes played in the premiership, and that is all you can go on, rather than 'i dont think', he has had two assists and scored one goal. So there is nothing to say that he isn't good enough and everything to say that he is good enough IMHO.
Last edited by londinium on 14 Feb 2007 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Feb 2007 13:51

Only one Trevor Morley
londinium
bcubed Love

Hate

LOLOLOLOLOL

This is irrational hate - you cant criticise!

If it were irrational hate...then I would see where you are coming from. But he actually rationally dislikes the bloke.

I dont like Doyle and Long....for no reason whatsoever...now thats irrational.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 14 Feb 2007 18:49

Love: Shorey. Don't know why

Hate: Seol. But that't not irrational, so..... Oster.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 14 Feb 2007 18:56

STOP SAYING YOU HATE OUR OWN PLAYERS!

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 14 Feb 2007 19:05

Love:Murty, Shorey, Little
Hate:Oster, Halls

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Feb 2007 19:33

yeah I have to say I find it difficult to cut Shane Long any slack either. Boy in a man's game, plus he runs in a weird way.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Feb 2007 10:03

bcubed Love

Hate
Kitson - over rated, doesn't work hard enough for the team, not done it in the Prem yet
Marcus - good shot stopper yes, but just occasionally he can't make his mind up to come and get the cross or stay put

kitson is our hardest working striker, tackles back, holds up play, all round team player
and a great finsiher

you couldnt be more wrong

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 15 Feb 2007 10:11

I'm pretty sure you can't be wrong about hating someone. Unless you're in a romantic comedy and are about to fall in love with them.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Feb 2007 10:15

wrong that he doesnt work hard

not that he hates him, thats obviously fine

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Feb 2007 10:20

Fred Sharpe's Nose :roll:

Yeah, all right. I hate the fockin announcements at half time. Can't even hear yourself read the fockin programme.

Now he deserves some hatred!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

191 posts