Arsenal v Reading

204 posts
79Royal

by 79Royal » 28 Feb 2007 11:19

Long is named for the reserves tonight, which may mean a return to the league starting line up for Kitson.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 64,00.html

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 28 Feb 2007 11:35

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 Feb 2007 11:59

Royal Lady
Spirit of Elm Park
Royal Lady
Spirit of Elm Park
Royal Lady Does my bum look big in this????

:wink:
OMG! You sexist pig. :roll:

or.....Fast show reference :roll:
What has the fast show got to do with anything. :roll: :shock:

Lady has idea.......men ignore her........Men come up with same idea....lady "frumps" and says " Does my bum look bg in this".

Classic telly.

I apologise if it is was wasted on you, no offence intended.

And I think we can win!!!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 28 Feb 2007 20:12

Isn't Eboue suspended too?

WSRL

royals pete

by royals pete » 28 Feb 2007 22:52

Got a good vibe on this game.

Arsenal on 3 defeats now. Not playing well. Lot of the 'stars' out

Reading score golas. Playing well (forget 8.06--8.12 Tues eve) They don't go down without a fight.

READING 8 / 1 on BETFAIR. ''SERIOUS'' STUFF

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Mar 2007 09:44

We are on for three defeats as well.

fruits

by fruits » 01 Mar 2007 15:33

Huntley & Palmer We are on for three defeats as well.

All we need to do is

1) Tell bottler Henry that he is playing in a World Cup or European game.
2) Give them no room, we stood around giving them space and letting them play their game at the Mad House. Stand on their toes .
3) Wind up the kraut goalkeeper,to get him sent off. Stand in front of him for corners and when he is trying to clear the ball.
4) Tell them Sam Allardyde is our new manager.
5) Pass Wenger a pair of glasses or binoculars so he can follow the game and see fouls and incidents clearly.
6) Make the Arsenal players lose their tempers, by whatever legal means possible.
7) Hunt must play. He is like a whippet ,Arsenal like time to play he will be at them all the time.

8) Tell Harper and Sidwell although Arsenal let them go they are as good as anyone there now , show Wenger the mistake he made letting them go.

9) Score 3 goals in 5 mins 40seconds.

10)Run around chasing chasing chasing not giving them a moment to settle. Watch out for dives from them. Refs "fall" for it every week. Do we know which twat we have this week? Just hope it is n,t Poll, Rennie or Clattenburg.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Mar 2007 15:37

fruits 10)Run around chasing chasing chasing not giving them a moment to settle. Watch out for dives from them. Refs "fall" for it every week. Do we know which twat we have this week? Just hope it is n,t Poll, Rennie or Clattenburg.

Chris Foy - he also reffed Watford (A) earlier this year.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 01 Mar 2007 16:01

Taken from the Arse website:

For the record the full list of absentees for Saturday’s game is: Adebayor, Eboue, Toure (all suspended), Henry (foot), Rosicky (groin), Diaby (ankle), Justin Hoyte (hamstring), Mathieu Flamini (foot) and Robin van Persie (foot).

:roll:

could be Wenger mind-games though...much like Fergie saying that Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo woulldn't feature

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Mar 2007 16:20

Turns8 Taken from the Arse website:

For the record the full list of absentees for Saturday’s game is: Adebayor, Eboue, Toure (all suspended), Henry (foot), Rosicky (groin), Diaby (ankle), Justin Hoyte (hamstring), Mathieu Flamini (foot) and Robin van Persie (foot).

could be Wenger mind-games though...much like Fergie saying that Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo woulldn't feature
Just a keeper and a central defender short of a very good team there.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Mar 2007 16:49

Looks like they will be playing Senderos at right back then - he was the one that McCarthy turned with ease when scoring last night. He is not very mobile when faced with someone running at him so Hunt could enjoy a good afternoon.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 01 Mar 2007 16:51

Turns8 could be Wenger mind-games though...much like Fergie saying that Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo woulldn't feature

They didn't really, so he was right!

bassavage

by bassavage » 01 Mar 2007 18:31

Turns8 Taken from the Arse website:

If this is true, the Arsenal side could look like this:

Lehmann

Gallas
Senderos
Djourou
Clichy

Hleb
Fabregas
Gilberto
Ljungberg

Baptista
Aliadiere/Walcott

Still not a bad side.

royals pete

by royals pete » 01 Mar 2007 20:11

Yeah, looks a good side BUT we all know waht happens when a lot of players are put together without the 'team' play recently. Could be a lot of individuals out there on Saturday.

I still think the odds for Reading are VERY generous. Might not come off but I reckon we could be in for a smashing game.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 01 Mar 2007 20:45

Got a bad feeling, they are on a frustrating run (like they were late time) and will take it out on us, think we are in for another pasting i'm afraid.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 01 Mar 2007 20:45

royals pete Yeah, looks a good side BUT we all know waht happens when a lot of players are put together without the 'team' play recently. Could be a lot of individuals out there on Saturday.

I still think the odds for Reading are VERY generous. Might not come off but I reckon we could be in for a smashing game.

A smashing game. Thanks, that made me smile for the first time since Tuesday.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2007 21:57

We need to press them as a team when we play them. It's no good Sidwell and Harper doing it all. THey'll just ghost the ball around the pitch making us chase shadows. The whole team from strikers down need to close down as a unit. Bikey Hunt and Gunnarsson are all very good at that. Lita is getting much better, and Kitson is good at it too.

I think we'll receive a back lash, but if we can last 20 mins without conceeding we have a great chance.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 01 Mar 2007 21:58

Arsenal shouldn't be underestimated whatever team they play. Back in October there were several people on here who felt we could be Arsenal at the Madejski as were on a great run of form, yes we lost to Chelsea the week before but didn't play badly at all. Then Arsenal came here and gave us our only pummeling so far this season.

Steel Biscuit

by Steel Biscuit » 01 Mar 2007 22:02

I've just put £20 at 6/1 (!) with Hills on the win, and £1 at 150/1 Kitson/Reading win 2-1 scorecast.

6/1 on a two horse race!!! :shock:

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 01 Mar 2007 23:47

The_Cat Arsenal shouldn't be underestimated whatever team they play. Back in October there were several people on here who felt we could be Arsenal at the Madejski as were on a great run of form, yes we lost to Chelsea the week before but didn't play badly at all. Then Arsenal came here and gave us our only pummeling so far this season.

and when we played Arsenal, we were a week in to the press/Jose furore "Lucky to be alive", "Hunt out of his head", "Thatcher/Mendez is comparable" plus Chelsea fans death threats and pictures of Cech's tearful wife at the hospital etc. etc.

That must have affected the whole team massively, knowing they were under the microscope, and obviously affected their willingness to tackle.

204 posts