What, no Toon prediction thread?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Apr 2007 13:45

Oster was terrible at Bolton and is the one who shouldn't be playing IMO. He's never held down a starting place here and never will. Not. Good. Enough.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Apr 2007 13:50

Alan Partridge Oster was terrible at Bolton and is the one who shouldn't be playing IMO. He's never held down a starting place here and never will. Not. Good. Enough.

While I said that it is good Coppell tinkers a bit you do have a point. Maybe he should try Halford there? The only thing is it is concieved logic to have one defensive minded midfielder and one attacker. For this reason Oster and Gunnarsson maybe go together better than Gunnarsson and Halford...

You never know Coppell may surprise us all and have Gunnarsson and Halford in there together... or play Bikey there...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2007 13:51

Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge Oster was terrible at Bolton and is the one who shouldn't be playing IMO. He's never held down a starting place here and never will. Not. Good. Enough.

While I said that it is good Coppell tinkers a bit you do have a point. Maybe he should try Halford there? The only thing is it is concieved logic to have one defensive minded midfielder and one attacker. For this reason Oster and Gunnarsson maybe go together better than Gunnarsson and Halford...

You never know Coppell may surprise us all and have Gunnarsson and Halford in there together... or play Bikey there...

Given Halford's less than good performances at CM in the reserves I shall be shocked if he plays there tonight.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Apr 2007 13:55

Stranded
Archie's penalty

Given Halford's less than good performances at CM in the reserves I shall be shocked if he plays there tonight.

Are there any other options we can try?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Apr 2007 13:57

Archie's penalty
Stranded
Archie's penalty

Harper and Sidwell has worked reasonably well for most of the season, or Harper and Gunnarsson, or Sidwell and Gunnarsson. Other than that why weaken the side?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Apr 2007 14:00

Alan Partridge Harper and Sidwell has worked reasonably well for most of the season, or Harper and Gunnarsson, or Sidwell and Gunnarsson. Other than that why weaken the side?

Totally agree.

Harper and Gunnarson I could understand, even giving Bikey another game in midfield maybe, but Oster and Gunnarson just seems odd.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Apr 2007 14:00

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Stranded
Archie's penalty

Harper and Sidwell has worked reasonably well for most of the season, or Harper and Gunnarsson, or Sidwell and Gunnarsson. Other than that why weaken the side?

Well Coppell is thinking in the long-term so whatever he does we should respect. Playing Oster may make Coppell's mind up whether to let him go or not at the end of the season. I'm in two minds about that one myself. Whatever happens the team he puts out this evening should be interesting...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2007 14:02

Archie's penalty
Stranded
Archie's penalty

Possibly. Bikey in there as you mention - you could even push Ingimarsson in there as he used to play there. For me, assuming that Sidwell isn't going to feature, which he isn't then whoever plays has to play with Harper.

Dependent on who we sign this summer Harper will be first choice CM so it's better for us to see who can function with him rather than having an untried pairing of two players who play CM as their 2nd position rather than being out and out CMs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2007 14:04

Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Stranded
Archie's penalty

Well Coppell is thinking in the long-term so whatever he does we should respect. Playing Oster may make Coppell's mind up whether to let him go or not at the end of the season. I'm in two minds about that one myself. Whatever happens the team he puts out this evening should be interesting...

The decision on Oster has pretty much been made - we offered him another year which he signed with the caveat that if a better deal comes along for him (ie he'll play regularly) we won't stand in his way.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Apr 2007 14:07

Stranded
Archie's penalty
Stranded
Archie's penalty

Possibly. Bikey in there as you mention - you could even push Ingimarsson in there as he used to play there. For me, assuming that Sidwell isn't going to feature, which he isn't then whoever plays has to play with Harper.

Dependent on who we sign this summer Harper will be first choice CM so it's better for us to see who can function with him rather than having an untried pairing of two players who play CM as their 2nd position rather than being out and out CMs.

Hmm maybe you're right - on the basis that Sidwell won't play next year it's better to see how Harper plays with others. Well I spose we'll see tonight!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 30 Apr 2007 15:20

Archie's penalty Hmm maybe you're right - on the basis that Sidwell won't play next year it's better to see how Harper plays with others. Well I spose we'll see tonight!

It looks like his aim hasn't improved :wink:

Kits in goal :shock: