Emre at half time

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Dec 2006 15:23

handbags_harris Did he really? Haven't seen any reports or anything yet.

I'd rather be a prozzie than a Turk,
I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,
Rather be a prozzie than a Turk!

Yeah, he got stretchered off. Now all we need is Drogba to get crocked today and Mourinho to get knocked out by Wenger.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 10 Dec 2006 17:58

To the tune of “[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9rPGHqQ_I]Hakuna Matataâ€

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Dec 2006 19:50

higher Putana my arse!

higher (translated) Prostitute my arse!

:shock:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 12 Jan 2007 23:58

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 13 Jan 2007 01:59

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 13 Jan 2007 09:10

Glenn Roeder no charge to be answered

If there were racist comments then this willingness to 'turn a blind eye' makes Roeder no better than racist Emre!

Daily Mail
Emre on racism charge
By MATT LAWTON

Emre is facing a lengthy ban after he was charged by the Football Association on Friday night with using racially aggravated and abusive language to Everton’s Joseph Yobo.

The Newcastle midfielder’s alleged comments led to a 20-man brawl during Newcastle’s 3-0 defeat at Everton on December 30. According to sources close to the players, Emre is alleged to have called Yobo ‘a f****** n*****’. Discussions took place between the clubs immediately after the match and Everton decided not to make an official complaint to the FA. But referee Dermot Gallagher included the incident in his report and three Everton players, including Yobo, were asked to provide the governing body with individual statements.

Yobo did not hear what Emre said but Tim Howard and Joleon Lescott have accused the Turkey midfielder of abuse. Everton are understood to be incensed with Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder over his defence of Emre since the incident. Emre intends to dispute the charge and has until January 29 to respond.

A Newcastle statement said: ‘As the player has not yet had an opportunity to submit a reply to the charge, we cannot comment further other than to say the player intends to deny the charge.’ Emre’s agent Ahmet Bulut vehemently denied the allegation when it was made originally, saying: ‘I spoke with Emre and he said he never said anything racist to the player.’

Referee Gallagher did not hear any comment but the FA wrote to Everton requesting further information after Roeder said last Friday he thought the matter was closed. Roeder said then: ‘There is no charge to be answered. Everton are comfortable with that as well. It is a closed matter.’ However, if found guilty, Emre looks certain to receive little sympathy from his manager, with Roeder saying last week: ‘What we need to do if a person is found guilty of racist abuse is to come down really hard on him. ‘I am not talking about three, six or 10 games. If it’s proven someone has racially abused another player, we cut them out, take them out for six months or a season.’

Emre was also involved in controversy earlier in the season. He reacted furiously to comments made by a member of the Reading coaching staff during Newcastle’s 3-2 victory at St James’ Park on December 6 before scoring the winning goal.

The Independent
Emre denies racist abuse as FA charges midfielder
By Glenn Moore, Football Editor

Emre Belozoglu, Newcastle United's Turkish midfielder, yesterday became the first Premiership footballer to be charged by the Football Association with using racist language towards a fellow player. Emre has been charged after an incident during Newcastle's match at Goodison Park last month. The Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard, and defenders Joleon Lescott and Joseph Yobo, reacted furiously towards Emre after the visitors received a penalty in what proved a 3-0 defeat on 30 December.

The charge comes after both Howard and Lescott told the FA in written statements that Emre racially abused them. Yobo said that he did not hear the exact nature of the words Emre used. Dermot Gallacher, the referee, said he did not hear anything but reported that the Everton players had told him they were racially abused when he broke up the subsequent mêlée.

Emre, who has been charged with "using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words", has until 29 January to respond. In a statement Newcastle indicated Emre would deny the offence.

Anti-racism campaigners hailed the charge. "The case is still to be heard but the very fact Emre has been charged reflects the growing confidence among players to make a complaint," Leon Mann, of Kick It Out, said. "When you talk to players of the past, like Cyrille Regis or Luther Blissett, they will tell you they were abused but would not dream of making a complaint because nothing would happen. This shows the success of campaigns like ours, and by the Professional Footballers' Association, and the growing awareness within clubs.

"I hope this gives confidence to players involved at grass-roots level to take action as well as in the professional game." Emre could face a fine and suspension if found guilty, though it is not likely to be as long as the six months Glenn Roeder, the Newcastle manager, advocated for players found guilty of racial abuse. Roeder was speaking after insisting Emre had "no charge to be answered". He had added: "I would not tolerate anyone that showed any sign of any racism. All my life I have been surrounded by all sorts of races. As far as I am concerned, we are all exactly the same."

The player's agent, Ahmet Bulut, said: "I spoke with Emre and he said that he never said anything racist to the player." There have been previous high-profile instances of alleged racist abuse, notably involving Duncan Ferguson and Luis Boa Morte, Peter Schmeichel and Ian Wright, and Steve Harkness and Stan Collymore, but they have never concluded in a charge being laid as insufficient evidence was forthcoming. Pending is a charge of using racially-aggravated abusive language levelled against Stuart Elliott, of non-League Northwich Victoria, in relation to an incident concerning Halifax's Tyrone Thompson in November. Elliott denies the charge and will have a personal hearing.

latchford

by latchford » 13 Jan 2007 21:18

Cant believe how Newcastle are trying to dismiss this, Yobo pulled him away after he was waving a fake yellow card, he clearly pushed him away and shouted something which saw Yobo, Lescott and Howard want to kill him, all three very quiet players who don't want hassel and would rather get on with the game. This led to a '20 man brawl' with Solano, Martins and Dyer leaving him with pointing fingers in his face instead of racing to his side, then the was the martins penalty which was delayed by about 5 minutes, what comedy it was 8)

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 18 Jan 2007 23:16

Daily Mail
Anti-racist campaigners on the case of Roeder and Emre
By MATT LAWTON

Glenn Roeder is facing criticism from anti-racism campaigners after being implicated in a crude cover-up over Newcastle midfielder Emre's alleged racial abuse of Everton's Joseph Yobo. As Sportsmail revealed yesterday, Roeder could face action from the Football Association after defending Emre against the accusation that he called Yobo a "f*****g n****r" when he knew all along that the accusations might be true.

Not only did Roeder apologise to Everton's players in their dressing room at Goodison Park on December 30 - and he does not deny being in the dressing room - but he is then believed to have reached an agreement with Everton manager David Moyes that his gesture would mark the end of the matter. It was only because an incident that sparked a 20-man brawl was then included in referee Dermot Gallagher's report that the FA intervened and demanded statements from Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Tim Howard.

Officials from Kick It Out, football's anti-racism campaign, have contacted both the FA and Everton about the matter and are now tracking developments closely. A spokesman said: "Obviously we cannot comment on this specific case until the full facts are at our disposal. However, it goes without saying that we would hope that everyone behind the campaign would do all they can to ensure that when an allegation of racism is made it is reported in the correct manner to allow the FA to investigate the matter."

Last night Roeder issued a statement denying any wrongdoing. "I strongly deny any suggestion of attempting or being part of a crude cover-up to anything in our game at Everton on December 30," he said. "The fact is I only felt it necessary to go into the Everton dressing room to offer an apology because from my position in the dug-out, there appeared to be an ugly scene on the pitch involving a lot of players from both sides after we had been awarded a penalty."

Everton's players certainly feel Roeder apologised on Emre's behalf and the Newcastle manager fails to explain why he then spoke to Moyes and reached an agreement he believed marked the end of the matter. In the wake of the game he even said he understood the matter had been resolved. But Roeder knew a serious accusation had been made by Everton's players - both Lescott and Howard claim they heard Emre call Yobo a "f*****g n****r" in their written submissions to the FA - and he was happy for the matter to end at Goodison Park and not instead conclude with possible FA disciplinary action against his player.

To the amazement of both Everton and the FA, Roeder then repeatedly spoke out on Emre's behalf and insisted his player was innocent. "There is no charge to answer," he said before claiming he would suspend a player guilty of such an offence for "six months or a season" and even said he would resign if he ever found out any of his players were "racist". When Sportsmail contacted Roeder yesterday, he said he never apologised "for any racist abuse" and then insisted he was "a good human being". "I wouldn't do anything to harm anybody in any way, shape or form," he said. "And I didn't try and stop anything at Everton that day." But the evidence would suggest otherwise, and Sportsmail understands that the Professional Footballers' Association attempted to broker a peace deal between the two dressing rooms before deciding to leave the matter to the FA's disciplinary body.

Emre, meanwhile, is also alleged to have used racially aggravated and abusive language to two other players this season. Bolton's El Hadji Diouf is believed to be one of them, while the other is said to be a Watford player. The Turkish international, who denies abusing Yobo, has until January 29 to respond to the charge relating to the incident at Everton.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 29 Apr 2007 21:53

I wonder if all is forgiven or we'll see Wally get his revenge tomorrow night.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Apr 2007 21:56

M4 Junction 11 I wonder if all is forgiven or we'll see Wally get his revenge tomorrow night.

Wally Downes is magic
He wears a magic hat
and when he saw Emre Belozoglu
He said I'll slap the twat.

Scans beautifully.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 30 Apr 2007 23:52

I wonder if Wally felt cheated he couldn't send the racist off on a stretcher.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 May 2007 10:43

Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

Yeah, he got stretchered off. Now all we need is Drogba to get crocked today and Mourinho to get knocked out by Wenger.

I'd rather Wenger get oxf*rd.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 May 2007 10:45

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

:? So what exactly has Wenger done to Reading?!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 May 2007 10:57

TBM
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

He had a go at Stephen Hunt.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 May 2007 11:00

SpaceCruiser
TBM
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

So did Mourinho

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 May 2007 11:00

SpaceCruiser
TBM
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

Don't read this weeks Nuts if that upsets you so much.

Monkfish

by Monkfish » 01 May 2007 11:25

Stranded
SpaceCruiser
TBM
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd rather be a prozzie,
rather be a prozzie,

:shock:

You're supposed to read Nuts

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 May 2007 11:26

Stranded

What's in nuts this week?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 May 2007 11:27

Well I scanned it and in their end of season awards Hunt is up for

- Villan of the year
- Foul of the year
- Celebration of the year (v Sheff U)

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 01 May 2007 11:44

Foul of the Year HAS to be Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes.