Robert Fleck
12%
Martin Williams
3%
Shaun Goater
14%
A Nother-Burnsplayer
3%
Mass Sarr (if you count him as a striker)
7%

Total votes: 217
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 11 Jun 2007 08:32

LOL at people like Ferdinand and McIntyre even being mentioned in this context....

If we restrict it to the Mad Stad days it has to be Brayson using whatever criteria you like.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 11 Jun 2007 09:17

Fleck was quite poor.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Jun 2007 09:31

Handsome Man 'I'm not the kind of striker who scores goals'

Jim McIntyre is our worst ever striker by miles. Ended up shoved on the wing, and not exactly busting a gut for us in the play-off final.

I vaguely remember McIntyre coming within inches of scoring in the PO final, smacking a header against the bar.

I remember thinking he had a good game that day :?

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 11 Jun 2007 10:23

Ideal
TBM I vote for this legend!!! :lol:

Come on, he wasn't that bad.. he had his moments.

And I bought his house!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 11 Jun 2007 10:29

Keith Scott, could not hit a barn door with a automatic machine gun from 2 yards.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 11 Jun 2007 10:38

The whole year inn

Jim McIntyre is our worst ever striker by miles. Ended up shoved on the wing, and not exactly busting a gut for us in the play-off final.

I vaguely remember McIntyre coming within inches of scoring in the PO final, smacking a header against the bar.

And he wasn't really a striker anyway, he was a winger. By far and away the best TB signing and I was actually dissapointed when we released him after promotion (pretty sure it was that season). In trerms of quality and a final product he was streets ahead of Lee Hodges.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Jun 2007 10:42

Royal Rother Leroy Lita.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 11 Jun 2007 10:50

Its got to be fat Mass. Woeful, really was.

supermasssarr

by supermasssarr » 11 Jun 2007 11:29

Mass sarr is amazing. Jimmy Macintyre was ok, but not good up front for us IMO. Brayson probably. Really disappointing. Goater was kind of like Asaba in the way that with hindsight, he got a few goals for us and didnt get given much of a chance.
Best thing about this is that i cant see any off our current strikers being involved in such a poll. Touch wood.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 11 Jun 2007 12:51

No mention of Henderson, Roach or Hartenberger? (or is that too long ago?)

I'm not happy that Goater, Asaba and Skittles are on the list. They were all our top scorers in various seasons and did a job for us at the time.

The answer can only be Paul Brayson, absolutely woeful player. I remember being excited over his signing as well :oops:

Everyone else had their moments, Rougier against Oxf*rd (I think) in the quagmire at the Mad, Scott scoring THAT goal against Bradford

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Jun 2007 12:58

Nathan Tyson

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 11 Jun 2007 13:02

On that list, Paul Brayson is streets ahead.

If we include loan signings, Kevin Lisbie must be up there? Along with Tony Thorpe?

Craig Maskell hardly lived up to his £250,000 price tag (a price that was huge for Reading when he was signed) even if he did end up as top scorer in his one season here. His replacement was far superior for a much smaller fee. Arise Sir Jimmy!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jun 2007 13:19

Daniella The "worst" player debate is a ridiculous one unless you add attributes like worst player to play more than 20 times a season,etc

Clearly its some youth player who never played for the first team and dissapered into nowhere. All the above were good enough to play first team football at some point.

try reading my original post moron.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jun 2007 13:25

Y21_Royal No mention of Henderson, Roach or Hartenberger? (or is that too long ago?)

I'm not happy that Goater, Asaba and Skittles are on the list. They were all our top scorers in various seasons and did a job for us at the time.

The answer can only be Paul Brayson, absolutely woeful player. I remember being excited over his signing as well :oops:

Everyone else had their moments, Rougier against Oxf*rd (I think) in the quagmire at the Mad, Scott scoring THAT goal against Bradford

Ok, here is my reasoning.

Henderson, didn't play many, and was quite a good sub goal scorer.
Roach barely played a game for us as i recall and I didn't know Hartenberger was a striker, marginly before my time.
Les Ferdinand didn't score many and cost a lot, but he was only here briefly and always looked good, and made us seem alot more dangerous, for that reason I didn't include him.

As for Goater, he is on there as a joke. I think he did a good job, but there are a lot of people who spit bile at him.
Williams was also mentioned on the thread that inspired this poll, I also thought he was a decent player, a midfielder converted to striker in our desperation iirc.
Asaba was promising but never really got going was dire in the air played in a poor team, again personally I thought he was good and we should have kept him.

Rougier I always thought of as more of a winger. but fair play.

For me it has to be Brayson. created oodles of chances and never looked like scoring any of them. Why oh why did he get so many games!?
Last edited by Ian Royal on 11 Jun 2007 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 11 Jun 2007 13:26

The whole year inn

My memory of that incident is his complete lack of interest in what happened to the ball once it had hit him on the head.

Daniella

by Daniella » 11 Jun 2007 13:33

Ian Royal
Daniella The "worst" player debate is a ridiculous one unless you add attributes like worst player to play more than 20 times a season,etc

Clearly its some youth player who never played for the first team and dissapered into nowhere. All the above were good enough to play first team football at some point.

try reading my original post moron.

edited :wink: fag

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 11 Jun 2007 18:38

AthleticoSpizz THE worst striker

or

our worst striker?

contraversial, but, Pat Earles...nah....Nigel Vaughn

Pat Earles wasn't that bad,the winner against Wolves in the league cup will always live with me!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Jun 2007 18:50

Anyone who didn't vote Brayson obviously never saw the Pieboy "play".

Someone must have that infamous squad photo of him where he looks like a top athlete about as much as Andy Fordham does.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Jun 2007 19:33

Leroy Lita - he missed a penalty once, he was well shit.

Harold

by Harold » 11 Jun 2007 20:07

Darius henderson.