Shorey contract talks - Doesn't sound promising

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Jun 2007 12:19

As long as the new Mrs Shorey doesn't have a baby any time soon so the 2 of them can survive on Nicky's meagre wages we'll be alright. Another mouth to feed and he'll be off I fear.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Jun 2007 12:43

the weather dont sound too promising either so lets just wait and hope both turn out fine!!

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 28 Jun 2007 13:36

Silver Fox As long as the new Mrs Shorey doesn't have a baby any time soon so the 2 of them can survive on Nicky's meagre wages we'll be alright. Another mouth to feed and he'll be off I fear.

To true Silver Fox, apparently Sidwell couldn't afford nappies for his baby last year.

Thames

by Thames » 28 Jun 2007 14:31

From his point of view he should stick the season at Reading, just to make sure he is actually a top Prem player then if he does that, I've no problem with him moving on.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 15:28

Thames From his point of view he should stick the season at Reading, just to make sure he is actually a top Prem player then if he does that, I've no problem with him moving on.

Why would anyone do that ? Why wouldn't they negotiate the best deal for themselves when they are at their most valuable ? Why risk having a bad season and losing the right to a big pay day ?

Get real - these guys are doing this for a job, and they should reserve the right to seek the best payment they can.

Do I want to see him go - NO. But if he does, then good luck to him. We can hardly complain that he hasn't produced the goods for us, now can we ?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Jun 2007 16:30

Franchise FC Get real - these guys are doing this for a job, and they should reserve the right to seek the best payment they can.

Doing this for a job? What, you mean Nicky doesn't bleed blue and white hoops? :P

If he's looking for the 'best payment' he could be off then because I doubt he will find that ReadingFC...
Last edited by Denver Royal on 28 Jun 2007 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 16:37

Denver Royal
Franchise FC Get real - these guys are doing this for a job, and they should reserve the right to seek the best payment they can.

That being the case, Shorey will be off then because if he's looking for the best payment, I doubt he will find it at ReadingFC...

Sadly, that MAY be the case. There are some (albeit very few) that remain loyal, but they do appear to be the exception.

However, he may not be looking for the BEST payment, just more than his current deal. In which cse, we still have a chance.
Last edited by Franchise FC on 28 Jun 2007 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Jun 2007 16:38

I have it on good authority that Shorey has agreed a contract

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 16:39

bigmike I have it on good authority that Shorey has agreed a contract

Bl**dy hell - Sunderland got that one ready quick !! :wink:

When does he have the medical ?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Jun 2007 16:42

Franchise FC

They are just going to use the results from his last medical at west ham...

Being that hes had so many medicals at west ham that their doctors can now replicate his DNA. :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 16:43

bigmike
Franchise FC

They are just going to use the results from his last medical at west ham...

Being that hes had so many medicals at west ham that their doctors can now replicate his DNA. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent, but please warn me next time - I've just spilled my drink all over my desk. :oops:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Jun 2007 16:50

I've just read a report about Shorey on the Sky Sports website. One thing stood out for me was Coppell saying "Just because we are producing good players does not mean they have to move on." Absolutely BANG on, wish people would realise that. But no, people think that just because we're little Reading, good players have to move on. :roll:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Jun 2007 16:53

SpaceCruiser I've just read a report about Shorey on the Sky Sports website. One thing stood out for me was Coppell saying "Just because we are producing good players does not mean they have to move on." Absolutely BANG on, wish people would realise that. But no, people think that just because we're little Reading, good players have to move on. :roll:

Agreed. I believe that if Shorey does not sign an extention the club will not sell.

Better to have him till the end of his contract and loose him on a free than to sell him to a rival club

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 16:53

SpaceCruiser I've just read a report about Shorey on the Sky Sports website. One thing stood out for me was Coppell saying "Just because we are producing good players does not mean they have to move on." Absolutely BANG on, wish people would realise that. But no, people think that just because we're little Reading, good players have to move on. :roll:

It isn't that we're little Reading, it's the perception of a little wage packet

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Jun 2007 16:54

bigmike

Agreed. I believe that if Shorey does not sign an extention the club will not sell.

I think that would be the case as Shorey has two more years left on his contract and Reading do not have to sell.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Jun 2007 16:57

Franchise FC

He will understand that the longer Reading stay in the premiership the more money in the club therfore more wages.

plus £25k a weeks not bad

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jun 2007 16:59

bigmike
Franchise FC

He will understand that the longer Reading stay in the premiership the more money in the club therfore more wages.

plus £25k a weeks not bad

Must admit - I'd settle for it !!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Jun 2007 17:03

Expect Ashley Cole to suffer Polonium poisoning and Wayne Bridge to suffer a nasty accident with a hedge trimmer in the next 2 weeks then...

working class hero

by working class hero » 28 Jun 2007 17:04

£25k a weeks not bad

But more is better...

I hope we don't lose him - but he has earned his England cap by dint of great games for us. This could be his big chance to move to a bigger club which might give more chances.

He might want to win things and there are many clubs more likely to win things than RFC.

The prem might be exciting to us - but players retire early and medals are worth something to them too...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 28 Jun 2007 17:12

working class hero He might want to win things and there are many clubs more likely to win things than RFC.

Although none of the trophy winning clubs have joined the queue for SHorey as far as we know....
Newcastle and West Ham aren;t going to win the league and probably aren;t much better cup bets than us.