Player ratings

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:20

Can i just say, while Marcus looked jittery at times, he made some valuable saves today throughout the game, otherwise we'd have lost including in the last seconds when guess who lost their forward and Hahnemann got his body in the way to stop us from deservedly losing.

The moment with Sonko, if MH felt he couldn't get there then Sonko HAS to clear it. You don't wait and make someone mind up for them EVER.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Dec 2007 19:22

He made one decent save all game, he was hardly tested and he was exceptionally lucky that the first half shot that went almost through him hit the inside of his leg and onto the post. He's the slowest goalkeeper around at coming off his line as we saw with the Sonko incident, and also with the header that went through him from all of six yards out.

Marcus has been a good servant to the club and he's been valuable to us over the years, but he's past it. Worst goalkeeper in the Premiership by a country mile.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 Dec 2007 19:24

Royalee He made one decent save all game, he was hardly tested and he was exceptionally lucky that the first half shot that went almost through him hit the inside of his leg and onto the post. He's the slowest goalkeeper around at coming off his line as we saw with the Sonko incident, and also with the header that went through him from all of six yards out.

Marcus has been a good servant to the club and he's been valuable to us over the years, but he's past it. Worst goalkeeper in the Premiership by a country mile.

Agree with the top statement, but can't help but think the bottom statement is just sour grapes.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 01 Dec 2007 19:25

Sonko had a nightmare and he knew it. He was definately at fault in the incident that led to him squaring up to Hahnemann. We have given him the benefit of the doubt in the past because his courageous performances have masked his basic error making. Sad to say, but, like Gunnarsson, he is a liability and out of his depth in the Prem, a la Halford.

Both need to be offloaded ASAP. Anyone got Roy Keane's mobile number?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:26

Royalee He made one decent save all game, he was hardly tested and he was exceptionally lucky that the first half shot that went almost through him hit the inside of his leg and onto the post. He's the slowest goalkeeper around at coming off his line as we saw with the Sonko incident, and also with the header that went through him from all of six yards out.

Nonsense, good header, hard and low from 5-6 yards, no one saves that. Just a shame thier guy had a week to take his time and put the cross in then 'superman' was done in the air AGAIN.

He made a decent double save when it hit the post, stayed big and made the save. You don't say it's 'lucky' he did his bit right and made the saves when called upon.

Should Marcus have come for the ball orignally? Maybe, but once he doesn't your defender doesn't leave it, you are taught that from 10 years old FFS!!!

He's not the worst keeper in the league either so again you're wrong.

I don't think he was great by any means, i think his confidence is shot tbh and if we had anyone else i would agree totally in replacing him. We don't. He did make 4 or 5 decent stops today and to not recognise them is a shame.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Dec 2007 19:28

Look at how close the header was to him on MOTD tonight, all he had to do was make himself big.

Which goalkeepers in the Prem are worse than him?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:28

Alan Partridge

Nonsense, good header, hard and low from 5-6 yards, no one saves that. Just a shame thier guy had a week to take his time and put the cross in then 'superman' was done in the air AGAIN.

He made a decent double save when it hit the post, stayed big and made the save. You don't say it's 'lucky' he did his bit right and made the saves when called upon.

Should Marcus have come for the ball orignally? Maybe, but once he doesn't your defender doesn't leave it, you are taught that from 10 years old FFS!!!

He's not the worst keeper in the league either so again you're wrong.

I don't think he was great by any means, i think his confidence is shot tbh and if we had anyone else i would agree totally in replacing him. We don't. He did make 4 or 5 decent stops today and to not recognise them is a shame.

maybe Maik Taylor at Brum is worse but apart from that............

he is simply not good enough anymore, the story of most of our team atm........

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 01 Dec 2007 19:30

Marcus as OK today and kept us in the game, distribution a bit poor but left helplessly exposed by Sonko who I thought had a mare!

We are dreadfully short of a play maker in midfield, Hunt huffed and puffed, Convey was virtually none existent and Harper and Gunnarrson did not really get to grip with the game as Boetang controlled the midfield.

MOM for us Kitson

Sonko simply awful!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:31

Royalee Look at how close the header was to him on MOTD tonight, all he had to do was make himself big.

Stephen Bywater
any of Birmingham's

He had no chance with that goal today whatsoever, a free header from 5 yards?? It was past him before he'd got into position.

I don't think he's great lets get that sorted, i would welcome another goalkeeper, I do think MH has past his sell by date. But again the wrong players are being criticised from the fans and not one of their 'heroes' who was an utter liability today.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Dec 2007 19:38

Royalee Hahnemann - 4
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 5
Murty - 6
Hunt - 7
Harper - 5
Gunnarsson - 1
Convey - 6
Kitson - 8
Doyle - 5

Subs:
Bikey - 5
Long - 6

lol is that 1 for gunnarsson for starting?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 19:41

Alan Partridge
Royalee Look at how close the header was to him on MOTD tonight, all he had to do was make himself big.

Stephen Bywater
any of Birmingham's

He had no chance with that goal today whatsoever, a free header from 5 yards?? It was past him before he'd got into position.

I don't think he's great lets get that sorted, i would welcome another goalkeeper, I do think MH has past his sell by date. But again the wrong players are being criticised from the fans and not one of their 'heroes' who was an utter liability today.

Not true AP. I am a big Sonko fan but thought he was dreadful today and others have said the same thing on here tonight.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 01 Dec 2007 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Dec 2007 19:41

Hahnemann - 0
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 5 after fight with Hahnemann - 8
Murty - 5
Hunt - 5
Harper - 5
Gunnarsson - 1
Convey - 7
Kitson - 8
Doyle - 6

A for the Hahnemann / Sonko incident: it was Hahnemann's call, it was in his area. I can't believe he shouted, as he ain't a quiet guy, so for me, he takes total responsibility. To then square up to Sonko, and then carry on after (Ingimarsson had to stop Sonko for going after Hahnemann) is a sackable offense, in my view: the first time ever I felt a player shouldn't be at the club, let alone in the starting 11.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:42

i would not say that sonko was good today but to say he was 'awful' is overstating it, gunnar was worse than him today

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:43

Armadillo Roadkill Hahnemann - 0
Shorey - 6
Ingimarsson - 6
Sonko - 5 after fight with Hahnemann - 8
Murty - 5
Hunt - 5
Harper - 5
Gunnarsson - 1
Convey - 7
Kitson - 8
Doyle - 6

A for the Hahnemann / Sonko incident: it was Hahnemann's call, it was in his area. I can't believe he shouted, as he ain't a quiet guy, so for me, he takes total responsibility. To then square up to Sonko, and then carry on after (Ingimarsson had to stop Sonko for going after Hahnemann) is a sackable offense, in my view: the first time ever I felt a player shouldn't be at the club, let alone in the starting 11.

Spot the person who has never played football in his life

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:45

Alan Partridge Nonsense, good header, hard and low from 5-6 yards, no one saves that. Just a shame thier guy had a week to take his time and put the cross in then 'superman' was done in the air AGAIN.

Spot the goalkeeper.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Dec 2007 19:45

Alan Partridge

Stephen Bywater
any of Birmingham's

I thought Sonko had a poor game today, but he was still light years ahead of Gunnarsson and Hahnemann, which says it all about today's team performance really.

I'll give you Bywater, he's dreadful (although he's somehow amazing at saving penalties), but I'd say Maik Taylor's better than Hahnemann at the moment, which sums up just how bad he is.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 01 Dec 2007 19:55

What is this vendetta against Hanneman?
He let in one goal today that he had no chance with because the heroic Superman lost his marker!

I think your angst should be vented elsewhere in stead of blaming the "usual suspects"

If we lost the game due to his mistakes you would have an argument, but today I fear any abject comments aimed at USA are completely flawed
Someone tell me other than the obvious, what else could he do today that would have won us that game?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 20:13

BLUES & ROYAL What is this vendetta against Hanneman?
He let in one goal today that he had no chance with because the heroic Superman lost his marker!

I think your angst should be vented elsewhere in stead of blaming the "usual suspects"

If we lost the game due to his mistakes you would have an argument, but today I fear any abject comments aimed at USA are completely flawed
Someone tell me other than the obvious, what else could he do today that would have won us that game?

He wasn't exactly commanding though was he? He fluffed shots/crosses that he should have held. He did also make a couple of decent saves but he does not inspire confidence at the moment and with his flapping and indecision alongside Sonko could easily have cost us the game today.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 01 Dec 2007 20:17

But he did not cost us the game!

Perhaps I am missing something here as I thought he kept us in it!

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Dec 2007 20:18

In a team whose success last season was often attributed to the team's "togertherness," it wasn't just Hahnemann's poor punches or comical distribution, nor his inabity to dominate his box, that's puts our future viability in this division at risk.