Coppell "I'm due a break"

183 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:48

Arch
Alan Partridge No one could manage THIS team any better imo. LOL @ McGhee and Pardew's names being mentioned. That would be manager of Motherwell Murk Murkghee and Alan 'just lost again at home to Burnley this time' Pardew.
McGhee is (predictably) doing a superb job at Motherwell, because he is a very fine manager of modest talent. Half the fourteen players who turned out today were born within 5 miles of Fir Park and five more within 35 miles. So I wouldn't be sneering at a great success story and one that makes me envious of a real local club. However, there's nothing to suggest he can make it as a Premiership manager.

They'll win nothing

He got sacked at Brighton
sacked at Leicester
sacked at Millwall
sacked at wolves

Coppell has done an unrivalled job here to anyone else in 136 years of history so deserves to be backed during this sticky time.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:51

Alan Partridge
Arch
Alan Partridge No one could manage THIS team any better imo. LOL @ McGhee and Pardew's names being mentioned. That would be manager of Motherwell Murk Murkghee and Alan 'just lost again at home to Burnley this time' Pardew.
McGhee is (predictably) doing a superb job at Motherwell, because he is a very fine manager of modest talent. Half the fourteen players who turned out today were born within 5 miles of Fir Park and five more within 35 miles. So I wouldn't be sneering at a great success story and one that makes me envious of a real local club. However, there's nothing to suggest he can make it as a Premiership manager.

They'll win nothing

sacked at Leicester
sacked at Millwall
sacked at wolves

Coppell has done an unrivalled job here to anyone else in 136 years of history so deserves to be backed during this sticky time.

agree to an extent, but there are only so many crap performances we can put up with, it will be interesting to see what he does in jan

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:53

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge
Arch

They'll win nothing

sacked at Leicester
sacked at Millwall
sacked at wolves

agree to an extent, but there are only so many crap performances we can put up with, it will be interesting to see what he does in jan

If only some of you had seen us when we were REALLY bad :lol:

I'm not happy with today, was utter crap but anyone calling for Coppell to go is insane.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 19:56

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal
Alan Partridge
Arch

They'll win nothing

sacked at Leicester
sacked at Millwall
sacked at wolves

If only some of you had seen us when we were REALLY bad :lol:

I'm not happy with today, was utter crap but anyone calling for Coppell to go is insane.

what the performances were like 20 years ago is irrelevant, so please stop bringing that point up (that is to all posters) its getting tiresome, we are in the premiership now and we have to adapt and progress, and we have not done that, and someone has to take the blame, look at what davies did at derby, and where is he now? sacked, that is the way football is atm, perform or get sacked and coppell has to start performing

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 19:59

Only because spoit brats say so. Coppell is doing all he can with the current resources available, Who is out there who could do a better job? Don't forget whover was to come in can't do anything in terms of bringing people in until next month anyway.

Reading are a team lacking confidence, certain players need to be replaced but as i've already mentioned, we can't do that for another month. They've got to keep battling and try and pick up a couple of wins before Jan.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Dec 2007 20:00

winchester_royal what the performances were like 20 years ago is irrelevant

ie before AP was born. :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 20:01

Alan Partridge Only because spoit brats say so. Coppell is doing all he can with the current resources available, Who is out there who could do a better job? Don't forget whover was to come in can't do anything in terms of bringing people in until next month anyway.

Reading are a team lacking confidence, certain players need to be replaced but as i've already mentioned, we can't do that for another month. They've got to keep battling and try and pick up a couple of wins before Jan.

wtf does spoit mean???

if coppell finally sees the light and brings in fae and cisse, recalls henry and pearce, and put some new players into the team who actually want to play for each other then i retract everything, but until then......

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 20:03

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge Only because spoit brats say so. Coppell is doing all he can with the current resources available, Who is out there who could do a better job? Don't forget whover was to come in can't do anything in terms of bringing people in until next month anyway.

wtf does spoit mean???

if coppell finally sees the light and brings in fae and cisse, recalls henry and pearce, and put some new players into the team who actually want to play for each other then i retract everything, but until then......

*spoilt

just LOL at that.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 20:05

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

wtf does spoit mean???

*spoilt

just LOL at that.

why?????? or do you think that continuing to play harps and gunnar, a left winger on the right, and a shaky ivar is a good idea??

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 20:08

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

wtf does spoit mean???

*spoilt

just LOL at that.

why?????? or do you think that continuing to play harps and gunnar, a left winger on the right, and a shaky ivar is a good idea??

It's a better diea than playing two kids currently on loan at Bournemouth and playing two guys who clearly aren't good enough. If they were they would be in the team.

I would welcome Henry back because we have no one else, a shaky Ivar? Not today he was alright.

I dread to think of what some posters lineups will be for next week. :lol:

Federici
Rosenior
Shorey
Pearce
Mate
Henry
Cisse
Fae
Convey
Kitson
Long

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2007 20:11

since when were they clearly not good enough???? pearce has been solid, and henry has been brilliant, and as your asking my team would be

Fed
Murts
Sonks
Pearce
Shorey
Henry
Harps
Fae/cisse
Convey
Doyle
Kits

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Dec 2007 20:13

winchester_royal since when were they clearly not good enough???? pearce has been solid, and henry has been brilliant, and as your asking my team would be

Fed
Murts
Sonks
Pearce
Shorey
Henry
Harps
Fae/cisse
Convey
Doyle
Kits

Well Cisse was sent off on debut and Fae was horrendous in the game i saw. THe fact that he wasn't in the squad today and Bikey was preferred over Cisse says it all.

In no way should Pearce play instead of Ivar. He's on loan anyway so it's a pointless discussion.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2007 20:22

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal
Alan Partridge
winchester_royal

wtf does spoit mean???

*spoilt

just LOL at that.

It's a better diea than playing two kids currently on loan at Bournemouth and playing two guys who clearly aren't good enough. If they were they would be in the team.

I would welcome Henry back because we have no one else, a shaky Ivar? Not today he was alright.

I dread to think of what some posters lineups will be for next week. :lol:

Federici
Rosenior
Shorey
Pearce
Mate
Henry
Cisse
Fae
Convey
Kitson
Long

Well unless my ears were deceiving me, in the post match interview today, Coppell was claiming he had two teams available to him. If so, those 'strange' names must be a member of the second team he claims to have.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Dec 2007 20:28

All Good Things Come To An End.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Dec 2007 20:43

Gordons Cumming All Good Things Come To An End.

Agreed.

Annoyed at the timing though.

How attractive will we be in the transfer window come January? SC has/had to be one of our biggest selling points.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Dec 2007 21:03

winchester_royal since when were they clearly not good enough???? pearce has been solid, and henry has been brilliant, and as your asking my team would be

Fed
Murts
Sonks
Pearce
Shorey
Henry
Harps
Fae/cisse
Convey
Doyle
Kits

I would maybe like to see Bikey ahead of Pearce as it would be a tough ask of such a young lad at this stage otherwise I would concur with your team with Hunt to come on for a tiring Henry after 60

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Dec 2007 23:32

Alan Partridge Coppell has done an unrivalled job here to anyone else in 136 years of history so deserves to be backed during this sticky time.

He does, and I wasn't calling for his head. And to be clear, I wasn't lobbying for McGhee or Pards tp take his place.

What I was saying was that, in our 136 year history, we have had a lot worse managers than them. In fact, they were two of the better one's. But reading this board, you'd never know it. They are probably in our top five all time, and yet also in our top five in terms of criticism. Does that make any sense? Where's the logic in that? Even if you aren't a huge fan of them, surely you can see what I'm saying?

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 02 Dec 2007 00:16

Just putting a more positive vibe to this thread, but SC goes on to say in the same article -

'Reading have ambitions and will invest in the January transfer window. "We have to attract more players. Last summer, we hardly spent anything while Liverpool and Manchester United spent £40-50 million apiece. We are losing ground with the best teams in the country. We want to be perceived as more competitive than 'little old Reading'.'

and

"I have no master-plan for Reading to be champions of Europe within five years. Our role is to get credibility, respectability and competitiveness on a season-by-season basis, to emulate some of the teams who are doing well, like Blackburn and Portsmouth, who are within our reach.

Hardly the words of a man whose considering chucking the towel in..

clauski

by clauski » 02 Dec 2007 01:06

Tinrib Just putting a more positive vibe to this thread, but SC goes on to say in the same article -

'Reading have ambitions and will invest in the January transfer window. "We have to attract more players. Last summer, we hardly spent anything while Liverpool and Manchester United spent £40-50 million apiece. We are losing ground with the best teams in the country. We want to be perceived as more competitive than 'little old Reading'.'

and

"I have no master-plan for Reading to be champions of Europe within five years. Our role is to get credibility, respectability and competitiveness on a season-by-season basis, to emulate some of the teams who are doing well, like Blackburn and Portsmouth, who are within our reach.

Hardly the words of a man whose considering chucking the towel in..

Possibly, though it could also just reflect the board/club's strategy and objectives, whoever the manager may be

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 02 Dec 2007 02:40

I think we would reap more rewards later on if we stick in fae now. I cant see gunner improving significantly in the next 6 months towards the end of the season but surely fae can, if it is only the fact that he is not up to the speed of premiership football. I mean, lets be honest neither is fecking gunnar, ffs lets see if we can form some bond in the middle with fae and harps.

Convey seems like he could get away with being an average wide player in the prem, with the front two as obvious choices and a decent CB and keeper to replace USA and Ivar then the spine would look alot more reassuring,

At the moment we have no spine of a team.

183 posts