welcome to Reading FC

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

welcome to Reading FC

by brendywendy » 03 Feb 2008 19:24

this is reading FC, feeling like this is mainly what it is like.
the last two years aside it has been an all encompassing sea of gloom with
an occasional ray of light, too soon extinguished
get used to it, weve been spoiled the last few years
winning games was never something that was required for me to go, and still enjoy myself,nfact i quite enjoy wallowing in the depression.
this is much more like it IMO, much closer to the club i started supporting.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: welcome to Reading FC

by Denver Royal » 03 Feb 2008 19:34

brendywendy I quite enjoy wallowing in the depression.

I bet you hated it last year then when we finished 8th :mrgreen:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 03 Feb 2008 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 03 Feb 2008 19:34

Reading FC - where the fans are shouting "you don't know what you're doing" at a linesman who made a quite brilliant decsion to let Bolton's second goal stand. Because it was nowhere near offside. What an embarassingly unknowledgable crowd. I heard the poor bloke called a kunt all afternoon by myopic little pr1cks with no idea about the game.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 03 Feb 2008 19:39

I will never give up supporting Reading FC whatever division we are in and it is sad to see youngsters shouting abuse at the team when they have only been fans for 2 yrs. Will just be sad to see no stadium expansion but at the end of the day I'd prefer to stay a small club with a fair percentafe REAL FANS rather than having a half empty stand with glory hunters

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Feb 2008 19:42

Armadillo Roadkill Reading FC - where the fans are shouting "you don't know what you're doing" at a linesman who made a quite brilliant decsion to let Bolton's second goal stand. Because it was nowhere near offside. What an embarassingly unknowledgable crowd. I heard the poor bloke called a kunt all afternoon by myopic little pr1cks with no idea about the game.

People in looking for scapegoat shocker.

one thing i heard yesterday 'the linesman cost us the game' What a load of shit

Even if it was offside (which it wasn't) did we score? Did the liensman stop us from creating one decent chance all day?

The only people to blame for the shambles yesterday were the 11 on the field and the people who select them. They haven't been good enough for the first 20odd games and there is no reason to believe they will be good enough for the final 15.

Reality really hit home for a lot of people yesterday i'd have thought. Sadly some of us saw this months ago.

readingtillidie

by readingtillidie » 03 Feb 2008 19:57

Reading till i die. No matter what divison.No matter where we play.No matter who we play all i no is one thing READING FOOTBALL CLUB till the day i die.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Feb 2008 20:11

Alan Partridge
Armadillo Roadkill Reading FC - where the fans are shouting "you don't know what you're doing" at a linesman who made a quite brilliant decsion to let Bolton's second goal stand. Because it was nowhere near offside. What an embarassingly unknowledgable crowd. I heard the poor bloke called a kunt all afternoon by myopic little pr1cks with no idea about the game.

Even if it was offside (which it wasn't) did we score? Did the liensman stop us from creating one decent chance all day?

The only people to blame for the shambles yesterday were the 11 on the field and the people who select them. They haven't been good enough for the first 20odd games and there is no reason to believe they will be good enough for the final 15.

Reality really hit home for a lot of people yesterday i'd have thought. Sadly some of us saw this months ago.

Spot on.

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 03 Feb 2008 20:12

But it could, just could have been oh so different, 3m here and 4m there, would have made all the difference after last season. Been totally despondent all day after yesterday, saw my first game in 72 and have been happy with my lot by and large when it came to RFC, you knew what you had. The last few years have been nothing short of spell binding and i'll always be grateful to all concerned but the lack of ambition and forethought this season have been nothing short of staggering, Jan transfer window just capped it.
Going down I can really only see freefall on the horizion and League 1 looming, staying up will be hard but can be done and will be probably SC's finest moment but with either way this team which carried us this far is history, it'll be broken up either way.

BallRoyal

by BallRoyal » 03 Feb 2008 20:23

My sentiments, I thought at beginning of season, one big win out of the top four, struggle for the rest of season, I f we do go down, perhaps some of the johnny come latelys can go elsewhere.
I wouldn't have a problem watching championship football, as long as the prices came down and i could get back to east stand and north stand where the real fans are.
Mr pessimistic or a realist, you choose.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Feb 2008 20:29

Spud Going down I can really only see freefall on the horizion and League 1 looming

Why?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Feb 2008 20:31

Alan Partridge

Absolutely spot on. Had we actually managed half a dozen shots on target, there may have been cause for a minor whinge or two at the officials. Sadly, we could have played for 24 hours and not scored. You can't blame the lino for that.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 03 Feb 2008 20:39

Armadillo Roadkill Reading FC - where the fans are shouting "you don't know what you're doing" .

I thought they were shouting at the team?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Feb 2008 20:42

Why would the club expand if we get relegated? Spending a lot of money on it and no guarantee of anywhere near the crowds we have been getting? And on the point of ST prices, what chance we're told they're "freezing" the price because we'll be getting an extra few games in the Championship?

I just feel thoroughly demoralized. There's nothing any of us can do, but hope that those responsible for getting us where we are now, will take the responsiblity of getting us out of this mess, and give their all both in terms of players playing to their full capabilities and the management having a big re-think on tactics and the best players to use for the remaining games. If we go down but we've shown in our remaining games that the fight was there and the will to try and win was there, regardless of whether we manage to get much out of these games, then all is not lost and it's a lesson learned, a tough lesson, but one we can build on for the future to ensure that should we ever get the chance at PL football again, we'll approach it in a slightly different way.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 03 Feb 2008 20:50

Oh stop moaning.

In my 30 years of following the royals, the team has gradulay been yo yoing upwards, 4th, 3rd, 4th , 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, or somthing like that.

Supporting Reading is supporting a proper team, non of this we expect to win Man U stuff. A win gives you a real boost.

What the hell are you moaning about, just being their is, well its just fantastic.

Their has been players in the past who have just turned up and taken the money (Players Are Not Trying Suffiently- remember that?), well just take a look at our players today - giving their all every week, they deserve (thats right DESERVE )our support, and if all you want to do is moan , which in a free society is your right, I would respectfully ask that you do so somware else.

Right now the team are struggling, struggling against the finest players on the planet. What they need now is our support.

SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL AT THE MAD STAD NEXT SEASON, STOP WINGING AND START SUPPORTING.

Proof of how important this is was seen at Fulham today, where the rot was stopped, in part by the fans, who gave their all and joined as one with the players to beat on form Aston Villa.

COME ON U R'S!!!!!!!

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 03 Feb 2008 20:52

Arch
Spud Going down I can really only see freefall on the horizion and League 1 looming

Why?

Just a feeling, odds on it would be a new manager and new team, which would take time to gell. Even parachute payments would not help RFC because we would'nt spend them .

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Feb 2008 20:56

Who said they weren't going to support the team? And surely you don't honestly believe that every single player has been trying their best all season? If so, I would respectfully suggest that their best is just not good enough. Yes, I've seen us winning and losing in Div 4, but why would we want to go back to that after having tasted the top flight and enjoyed it? Now is not the time for complacency by anybody, players, management or fans. If we just sit back and say "oh they're doing their best and we should be thankful of where we are at the moment, instead of standing on a terrace at Bury" then we're belying our position in the PL and might as well slide down the leagues back to obscurity imho. We got where we are because we DESERVED to. We deserve to give a shot and stay here for as long as we possibly can imho. Playing like we have recently isn't what we deserve.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Feb 2008 21:00

Trying their best and playing their best are two very different things. I think some players are overtrying, getting over anxious and making silly mistakes. I never get the feeling players aren't trying (not like I often did with Seol, for example). We need to get back the free-flowing instinctive football of two seasons ago. That team looked as though they didn't need to try.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 03 Feb 2008 21:13

Trying their best and playing their best are two very different things. I think some players are overtrying, getting over anxious and making silly mistakes.

Thats an interesting statement, and probably quite true. We fans I supect are guilty of it too. Have you ever noticed that annoying self assured arrogence that oozes from Man U fans, as well as their ever so talented team.

I'm guessing that we are suffering from the same over anxious reactions that the players are.

I guess in my own way i am panicking just the same as the doom bringers are.

Time to take stock, take a deep breath and once mre into the breach!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 03 Feb 2008 21:16

The most depressing aspect about all this is that we didn't give our best shot. We chose not to strengthen and, therefore, a lot of the wounds are self inflicted.

That will leave many fans terminally disollusioned.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 03 Feb 2008 21:21

Ideal JM says the stadium expansion will go ahead regardless of what division we are in.

:lol:

He has said it's for a new owner, there's no new owner, there will be no extension.

We'll be averaging 16,000 next season so thankfully there will now be only 8,000 empty seats as opposed to 14,000.