The Over-reaction Thread

468 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Over-reaction Thread

by floyd__streete » 03 Feb 2008 21:04

Royal Rother After losing 3-0 to Bolton, come on then, let's have it all on one thread.

Poor, second best all over the pitch, Doyle and Long powder puff, De La Cruz exposed, Hahnemenn indecisive, Fae all at sea, Golbourne a little boy lost...?

We are facing a relegation struggle....

Or will we all remain sensible and realistic?

:lol:

Murked.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2008 21:33

There's such fun to be had in the plight we now find ourselves in if you look hard enough eh?

Should we struggle for the rest of the season I am sure there will be a thousand opportunities for the so-called "RTG brigade" to have their noses rubbed in it.

If it brightens your weekends in some small way after a miserable performance then good luck to you chaps.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 03 Feb 2008 21:35

Take the murking like a man.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 03 Feb 2008 21:37

When you've been abused and ridiculed for your opinion and then see that opinion totally vindicated, there is a certain grim satisfaction.

Sadly, it does not compare to the satisfaction of three or, god help us, even one, point.

wichygbloke

Re:

by wichygbloke » 03 Feb 2008 21:46

[Unless we alter our wages policy we will never be able to compete for players in the transfer market and thats why we will lose the likes of Lita and Shorey eventually like we did Sidwell]

Just as well, cos' if the Goal was as big as Shoreys Ego, Lita still couldn't score

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Feb 2008 21:46

Royal Rother There's such fun to be had in the plight we now find ourselves in if you look hard enough eh?

Should we struggle for the rest of the season I am sure there will be a thousand opportunities for the so-called "RTG brigade" to have their noses rubbed in it.

If it brightens your weekends in some small way after a miserable performance then good luck to you chaps.

Are you saying if we go on a run and pull out of trouble and stay up this season that you and the other RTG's wouldn't gloat at all? 8)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2008 21:52

Did I say that?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Feb 2008 22:14

Royal Rother There's such fun to be had in the plight we now find ourselves in if you look hard enough eh?

Not at all, but you and I know that had Reading been 8th or so you would have reposted this up! :mrgreen:

BANTer. :wink:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 04 Feb 2008 19:21

Sorry, but they will have deserved it, imo.

Every defeat earlier on in the season was treated like this - we can't react now, we're still better than at least three other clubs.
And this was galling when from the 4th or 5th game, the shortcomings of the squad were pretty obvious. Yes, we are capable of great results but, dear Christ, if we'd beaten Bolton at home or away ....

At my last count, we're about as good as Sunderland, Middlesboro' and Birmingham and better than Derby ... its time to start winning.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Feb 2008 19:37

Still convinced we will not go down as it may take as few as 32/34 points to stay up this year BUT we do need to win a game soon - certainly one of the next 4 - or confidence will plummet.

Latest predictions - being much more pessimistic about Reading's results gives the following points totals. Looks to me as though it could go to the wire.

Boro 41
Reading 35
Bolton 34
Sunderland 33
Wigan 33
Brum 32
Fulham 24
Derby 11

BUT if I am right it is really close so a few results either way will make a huge difference

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2008 22:14

papereyes

Sorry, but they will have deserved it, imo.

Maybe you are right old chap - I'll take it on the chin and move onto next season in the Championship and show my support in my own way if that is what comes to pass - but the likelihood that the number of LOL emoticons used will be virtually the same whether it is the RTGs or STGs whose ultimate predictions come true just seems wrong... And that they've started already long before our destiny is actually decided is a shame I think. :cry:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Feb 2008 22:34

I don't think there are many LOLs to be had about Reading's league season, whether we stay up or not.

Slightly pathetic that the 'RTGs', for the sake of badging them, quite deliberately choose to dress up the opinion of the 'STGs' as any more than passion for this club. I am absolutely desperate for Reading to stay in the Premier League, to continue growing as a club, perhaps to get into Europe (seeing Reading play a competitive European match became my new desire having seen them play in the Premier League).

This club has been very poorly managed this season - that I think we are good candidates for relegation is an expression of my belief in the management and our current playing staff, nothing more, nothing less.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Feb 2008 22:53

cmonurz I don't think there are many LOLs to be had about Reading's league season, whether we stay up or not.

Slightly pathetic that the 'RTGs', for the sake of badging them, quite deliberately choose to dress up the opinion of the 'STGs' as any more than passion for this club. I am absolutely desperate for Reading to stay in the Premier League, to continue growing as a club, perhaps to get into Europe (seeing Reading play a competitive European match became my new desire having seen them play in the Premier League).

This club has been very poorly managed this season - that I think we are good candidates for relegation is an expression of my belief in the management and our current playing staff, nothing more, nothing less.
I've lost the will...

I'll tell you what, you are spot on. Coppell is shit and needs to be sacked. JM is a disaster for this club and is clearly planning to get the club relegated to save money.

All of our players are shit - Saturday's game proves that, even Matejovsky as all he can do is pass and is a waste of money.

I agree with Sir Dodger. He makes sensssssssse. We need more fans like him. If only we'd booed players more, we might not be in this mess. As it is, we are favourites to finish last behind Derby.

Reading, don't talk to me about Reading. Income the size of a planet and all we can buy is players I haven't heard of.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Feb 2008 22:58

cmonurz I don't think there are many LOLs to be had about Reading's league season, whether we stay up or not.

I've lost the will...

I'll tell you what, you are spot on. Coppell is shit and needs to be sacked. JM is a disaster for this club and is clearly planning to get the club relegated to save money.

All of our players are shit - Saturday's game proves that, even Matejovsky as all he can do is pass and is a waste of money.

Well, I didn't say any of that, and I don't think any of that, so I have no idea what point you are trying to make. :?:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Feb 2008 23:10

I've lost the will...

I agree with Sir Dodger. He makes sensssssssse. We need more fans like him. If only we'd booed players more, we might not be in this mess. As it is, we are favourites to finish last behind Derby.

Reading, don't talk to me about Reading. Income the size of a planet and all we can buy is players I haven't heard of.

Jesus, yet more tiresome faLOse dichotomy blather. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2008 23:20

Slightly pathetic that the 'RTGs', for the sake of badging them, quite deliberately choose to dress up the opinion of the 'STGs' as any more than passion for this club.

Again, you might be right old chap I wouldn't know - but LOLing at past demonstrations of RTGness on the worst day of our PL stay is a very odd way to show one's passion.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Feb 2008 23:22

Royal Rother

Slightly pathetic that the 'RTGs', for the sake of badging them, quite deliberately choose to dress up the opinion of the 'STGs' as any more than passion for this club.

Again, you might be right old chap I wouldn't know - but LOLing at past demonstrations of RTGness on the worst day of our PL stay is a very odd way to show one's passion.

No idea what you are talking about.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2008 23:28

Go to the top of the page and all will become clear.

jimbangg

by jimbangg » 04 Feb 2008 23:58

we need fresh blood in goal...an expensive one at that :D

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 05 Feb 2008 09:29

Rev Algenon Stickleback H [

I think that is more or less what I heard Colin W*nker say on Five Live last night :shock:

468 posts