Leroy set to make a big impact in 2008, with a little luck.

153 posts
North Somerset Royal

Re: Leroy set to make a big impact in 2008, with a little luck.

by North Somerset Royal » 27 Mar 2008 16:16

Stranded Wouldn't the deal be 20% of any profit made - ie we sell for the same as we bought then no extra money is due but if we sell for £1m more than we paid they get £200k of that money.

Huntley & Palmer has Lita not signed a new contract in that time, therefore the clause would be null & void anyway?

According to recent article in Bristol Evening Post they stand to get 20% of sell on fee:-

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?

However, The Royals could be tempted by a big offer and Sunderland are believed to be weighing up a £7m double swoop for Lita and Stephen Hunt, while Portsmouth and Middlesbrough are reported to be prepared to pay upwards of £3m for the unsettled striker.

Having negotiated a sell-on clause when Lita departed Ashton Gate two and a half years ago, City stand to collect around 20 per cent of any fee for the 22-year-old forward.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Mar 2008 16:22

North Somerset Royal
Stranded Wouldn't the deal be 20% of any profit made - ie we sell for the same as we bought then no extra money is due but if we sell for £1m more than we paid they get £200k of that money.

Huntley & Palmer has Lita not signed a new contract in that time, therefore the clause would be null & void anyway?

According to recent article in Bristol Evening Post they stand to get 20% of sell on fee:-

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?

However, The Royals could be tempted by a big offer and Sunderland are believed to be weighing up a £7m double swoop for Lita and Stephen Hunt, while Portsmouth and Middlesbrough are reported to be prepared to pay upwards of £3m for the unsettled striker.

Having negotiated a sell-on clause when Lita departed Ashton Gate two and a half years ago, City stand to collect around 20 per cent of any fee for the 22-year-old forward.

And since when have we started trusting what the hacks at local papers tell us?

Cookie

by Cookie » 27 Mar 2008 22:16

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Mar 2008 22:54

Looks like he's starting to lose his balance in that pic...

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 28 Mar 2008 02:57

First goal of the season will come this Saturday against Wolves, I can sense it :lol:

bikey_is_god!

by bikey_is_god! » 28 Mar 2008 06:49

if we sell lita, we really need a new striker in jan. 3 isn't enough to cover injuries and suspensions.

Fezza

by Fezza » 28 Mar 2008 08:40

bikey_is_god! if we sell lita, we really need a new striker in jan. 3 isn't enough to cover injuries and suspensions.

Perhaps before Jan would be wise!

zummerset

by zummerset » 28 Mar 2008 10:06

Lol Fezza! Maybe we can wait to January when ' significant funds' will be available and a 'number of targets have been identified'. Deja vue anyone?

That grumble aside Marek is a great buy and perhaps Jimmy will get a start in front of the Mighty Oster on fine day.

Lita needs to be sold, for his sake to get a new start and for us to draw a line and move on. I wish him well for all that he has done in the past. Fare well Mr Lova Lita!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Mar 2008 11:05

Alan Partridge

There is no hope for some, for those lost causes you simply pray for them and move on.

Well, quite, but even I'm prepared to give Leroy until the end of the season to score in the league (and I'll even accept a few in the Championship) before he's finally declared a lost cause.

Keep the faith, AP.

Let's hope he and his silly fan club will finally realise that he has to deliver on the field; that a striker who can't score a goal all season would be worth closer to 3 million shirt buttons than £3m, especially when he offers very little when not hitting the back of the net, prefering to spend a lot of time on his backside.

Let's hope his fan club also come to realise that there was no risk attached to sending him out on lone because hIs contribution so far this season has been negligible, despite more chances than he has deserved.In Harper and Hunt we have 2 midfielders with strike rates this season that he can only dream about.

Based on Lita's form this season, even if all of Kitson, Doyle and Long were injured, I still wouldn't want him in the side because, not only can we not afford passengers in our fight for survival, most of the existing side have already shown themselves to be more likely to score ........................including both centre backs.

But, who knows, let's hope Leroy can get his head out of his @rse for long enough to revive his career.

If not, Bristol City will be very welcome to 20% of no more than we paid for him, and that's being optimistic, IMHO.

Fezza

by Fezza » 28 Mar 2008 11:15

Ideal
zummerset Lita needs to be sold

Nail on head

Replacement needs to be found first!

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 28 Mar 2008 12:26

Cookie
I think this photo almost sums up Lita this season - always focusing on playing the defender rather than the ball.

H-Town Royal

Re:

by H-Town Royal » 28 Mar 2008 17:57

Ideal

Eight year olds dude...

:D :D :D

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 28 Mar 2008 18:20

I actually think it also sums up Lita well, using his strength to fend of an opponent while keeping good control of the ball (I guess this disagreement sums up Lita well, polarises opinion)

I'm sure Steve Coppell thinks he's a great footballer, but i'm even more sure that he finds him a disruptive influence of whom he's grown tired of dealing with.

I hope he comes back wanting to prove himself (like Reo-Coker and Anton Ferdinand after they were publicy critised for being so Billy big time last season!), If so, we'd have agreat footballer on our books again...

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Mar 2008 19:25

PistolPete I'm sure Steve Coppell thinks he's a great footballer, but i'm even more sure that he finds him a disruptive influence of whom he's grown tired of dealing with.

It's going to be hard for any manager who spent big money on a player to admit to the chairman that his player is a dud. Especially if your CV indicates that you're good at improving players.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 28 Mar 2008 19:34

Cookie
PistolPete I'm sure Steve Coppell thinks he's a great footballer, but i'm even more sure that he finds him a disruptive influence of whom he's grown tired of dealing with.

It's going to be hard for any manager who spent big money on a player to admit to the chairman that his player is a dud. Especially if your CV indicates that you're good at improving players.

I think that already he has justified his £1m transfer fee with 2 seasons worth of goals. The thing was that in those seasons we had amazing luck in that 1 of the three strikers was injured meaning that no striker ever had to sulk that they were 3rd choice!

I'm sure Reading would get their money back though if required, maybe Bolton in the Championship or a promoted team? Hopefully he stays though...

elrey

by elrey » 29 Mar 2008 18:53

Look who scored for Charlton, no not leroy, that guy who only managed two games for us and cost 2 1/2 times more than leroy, must be class in that there halford!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Mar 2008 19:06

elrey Look who scored for Charlton, no not leroy, that guy who only managed two games for us and cost 2 1/2 times more than leroy, must be class in that there halford!

You're right, Class A.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Mar 2008 19:07

Coppelled Streets
elrey Look who scored for Charlton, no not leroy, that guy who only managed two games for us and cost 2 1/2 times more than leroy, must be class in that there halford!

You're right, Class A.

That's out of line.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Mar 2008 19:10

Leroy scores for Charlton.

With a header :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Mar 2008 19:10

G'arn Leroy Lad what a header that is to save a point

153 posts