It is one man's fault

193 posts
Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: It is one man's fault

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 May 2008 11:06

I'm sure he is bothered.

I just don't think he was prudent enough in improving the squad enough. He just seemed too carefree in going into a relegation battle with a squad that was obviously too weak.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 05 May 2008 11:09

The fans are to blame- Don't get behind the team enough and only sing when they are winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 05 May 2008 11:16

RTFC Drummer The fans are to blame- Don't get behind the team enough and only sing when they are winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would sing more, but that twat on the drum drowns me out.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 May 2008 11:19

RTFC Drummer The fans are to blame- Don't get behind the team enough and only sing when they are winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I wish you'd shut up and go back to Reading Town. :roll: We haven't been on a winning streak for ages, yet all those around me still sing, until such time as they can see that the team couldn't give a flying one during the game and just don't bother competing. Then we have little to sing about.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 05 May 2008 11:23

readingbedding I don't think I saw you posting this last season.
Everything's great in retrospect and when the going's tough eh...Typical!

Huh? When you are done with the 'I'm a better and more loyal fan than you' rubbish...

You didn't see me posting it last season because...we weren't in the bottom 3!

Results haven't been as good this season and so, accordingly, my opinions/assessments/evaluations of players and management have changed some.

Tough concept to grasp, I know. :wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 11:27

Denver Royal

Huh? When you are done with the 'I'm a better and more loyal fan than you' rubbish...

Results haven't been as good this season and so, accordingly, my opinions/assessments/evaluations of players and management have changed some.

Don't be so defensive.
I didn't say that I was a better fan than you.

What a load of rubbish.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 11:33

readingbedding
Denver Royal

Don't be so defensive.
I didn't say that I was a better fan than you.

What a load of rubbish.

You just said that you could have told RFC years ago that to 'stand still in the Prem' was a bad thing to do.
And now you're saying that you didn't last year because we weren't in the bottom three?

So I don't know what you are saying really.
Changing your mind again?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 May 2008 11:37

You just said that you could have told RFC years ago that to 'stand still in the Prem' was a bad thing to do.
And now you're saying that you didn't last year because we weren't in the bottom three?

It was and it still is.
He didn't because it didn't seem relevent but there were a load of 'clueless' and 'negative' people doing it over the summer.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 May 2008 11:38

There are plenty of fans who said last season that if we stood still we'd end up going backwards and that it's far better sense to strengthen on an upswing rather than a downswing.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 05 May 2008 11:39

Other things I like include the way the argument has developed over the season.

In the summer, we couldn't be sure that we were weaker and we simply weren't going to struggle.
At the start of the season, we weren't struggling, and you were over-reacting if you thought we were
Towards the middle of the season, OK, we weren't doing well, but we could turn it round.
And now it just doesn't seem to matter.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 05 May 2008 11:39

Platypuss There are plenty of fans who said last season that if we stood still we'd end up going backwards and that it's far better sense to strengthen on an upswing rather than a downswing.

Yeah, but they're 'clueless' and/or 'negative'

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2008 11:40

I was one of those complaining about our transfer policies, I'm negative and stupid, boooooo.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 11:43

papereyes

It was and it still is.
He didn't because it didn't seem relevent but there were a load of 'clueless' and 'negative' people doing it over the summer.

It doesn't matter now, it's impossible to change things.

Surely improving the squad is a positive thing to do if it all works out?

How were we to know that buying Fae would end up to be fruitless?

Looking back most of those comments praising Coppell for buying Fae look to be silly now, but most came from RFC fans with good intentions.

No point crying over it now.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 May 2008 11:52

readingbedding
papereyes

It was and it still is.

It doesn't matter now, it's impossible to change things.

Surely improving the squad is a positive thing to do if it all works out?

How were we to know that buying Fae would end up to be fruitless?

Looking back most of those comments praising Coppell for buying Fae look to be silly now, but most came from RFC fans with good intentions.

Fae might still be a decent player, he hasn't had a chance to play a string of games like his useless counterparts - Coppell's managed to f*ck that up too, along with everything else.

Blue Heart

by Blue Heart » 05 May 2008 12:12

I still believe in Steve Copell although I think he has been too loyal to some players for whom this has obviously been a season too far. However, has Nicky Hammond suddenly become the man with the Teflon suit as there does not appear to be much criticism sticking to him? As Director of Football or whatever he may be called, is he not responsible for finding, bringing in and negotiating with players? I do not advocate spending ludicrous amounts of money on buying players but if you want to give the Premiership a fair go you can't shop at Kwik Save either. Last year was amazing, this year we have been sussed out, at the end of the day we will finish where we deserve to. This season Reading's inadequacy is there for all to see.
This of course is only a personal opinion, which may or may not be shared by others. :wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 12:18

Blue Heart I still believe in Steve Copell although I think he has been too loyal to some players for whom this has obviously been a season too far. However, has Nicky Hammond suddenly become the man with the Teflon suit as there does not appear to be much criticism sticking to him? As Director of Football or whatever he may be called, is he not responsible for finding, bringing in and negotiating with players? I do not advocate spending ludicrous amounts of money on buying players but if you want to give the Premiership a fair go you can't shop at Kwik Save either. Last year was amazing, this year we have been sussed out, at the end of the day we will finish where we deserve to. This season Reading's inadequacy is there for all to see.
This of course is only a personal opinion, which may or may not be shared by others. :wink:

Aside from the Hammond bashing, I agree with most of that.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 May 2008 12:37

readingbedding How were we to know that buying Fae would end up to be fruitless?

Because most players coming from his background, and especially after playing in the French league need a decent period of time to settle in and adapt to the different demands of English league football.

Coppell has even said there are parts of his game that he needed to work on to fit into our style.

If that isn't good cause for concern and a evidence that we should've been prepared to give him and Cisse time to settle in I don't know what is. It's not rocket science to predict a player from his background is going to struggle. We didn't seem to care that we were leaving our midfield and our squad too short of proven quality.

Those that said it at the time have been proven spot on.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 12:40

Southbank Old Boy
readingbedding How were we to know that buying Fae would end up to be fruitless?

Because most players coming from his background, and especially after playing in the French league need a decent period of time to settle in and adapt to the different demands of English league football.

Coppell has even said there are parts of his game that he needed to work on to fit into our style.

If that isn't good cause for concern and a evidence that we should've been prepared to give him and Cisse time to settle in I don't know what is. It's not rocket science to predict a player from his background is going to struggle. We didn't seem to care that we were leaving our midfield and our squad too short of proven quality.

Those that said it at the time have been proven spot on.

Obviously Fae failed to see that himself.
Thinks he's better than the reserves and puts his own ambitions over the Club.
He won't be playing for RFC again.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 May 2008 12:43

readingbedding Obviously Fae failed to see that himself.

I don't care what Fae thought. Any player will think he's going to be the exception to the rule.

The manager should be a bit more realistic though.

We went into the season with central midfield options of

Harper
Gunnarsson
Fae
Cisse

Can you not see how that was a pretty misguided gamble?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 12:52

Southbank Old Boy
readingbedding Obviously Fae failed to see that himself.

I don't care what Fae thought. Any player will think he's going to be the exception to the rule.

The manager should be a bit more realistic though.

We went into the season with central midfield options of

Harper
Gunnarsson
Fae
Cisse

Can you not see how that was a pretty misguided gamble?

Why are you changing tack every post and trying to start an argument?
I'm not interested.

193 posts