Farewell's to Stephen Hunt

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Farewell's to Stephen Hunt

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Aug 2009 22:02

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

at last those caravans are gone from the car park, i think they had to clear out before all the driveways they layed start to sink.

LOL- expect to see him at celtic before the end of his career.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Aug 2009 22:15

Some of the bile on here is laughable. A no mark free transfer from Brentford, who, in 4 years becomes a seasoned international, makes over 100 starts for RFC, including 2 seasons in the PL, always putting 100% into each game, AND gets sold for £3.5M?!
I'd say RFC has done pretty well out of the fella frankly!

I wonder just what the non-footballer Kebe's farewell thread will read like?!?!?! A useless plank who couldn't play football if his life depended on it, yet to read the brown-nosed rubbish spouted on this board, you'd think he was the best thing to ever to happen to RFC!!!!!!!

Bunch of moronic muppets the lot of you!!!!

So long Hunty, and thanks for all the effort. Any chance you can convince Brown to take our successive Managers' love-child Kebe off our hands?? Absolutely NO fee required.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 13 Aug 2009 22:53

strap Some of the bile on here is laughable. A no mark free transfer from Brentford, who, in 4 years becomes a seasoned international, makes over 100 starts for RFC, including 2 seasons in the PL, always putting 100% into each game, AND gets sold for £3.5M?!

I wonder just what the non-footballer Kebe's farewell thread will read like?!?!?! A useless plank who couldn't play football if his life depended on it, yet to read the brown-nosed rubbish spouted on this board, you'd think he was the best thing to ever to happen to RFC!!!!!!!

So long Hunty, and thanks for all the effort. Any chance you can convince Brown to take our successive Managers' love-child Kebe off our hands?? Absolutely NO fee required.

I seriously think you need help

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 Aug 2009 23:03

strap Some of the bile on here is laughable. A no mark free transfer from Brentford, who, in 4 years becomes a seasoned international, makes over 100 starts for RFC, including 2 seasons in the PL, always putting 100% into each game

This is where you lost me. Because that's just not true.

It was for the first season here, when he played a bit part role while Bobby Convey kept him out of the side.

Second season in the Premiership he was fully commited, full of fight, and that was what he was all about. The incident with Cech meant he was under the spotlight and he got his head down and proved to everyone what he was really about. He was and has never been that much of a talented player, but the sheer fight in him always made him stand out.

Third season he was ok in spits and sperts of the season, and we were relegated. Then he kicked up a fuss, wanted out, didn't get it. Got his head down for the first 3 months of the season and then January came and went and no one met the £5m release clause. He got a new contract of 30k a week and did feck all on the pitch to justify it. At the end of one training session he is collared by a BBCRB reporter and he in turn tells him to f**k off. Summer arrives and he gets his wish and is sold.

Bile you say.
Last edited by Deathy on 13 Aug 2009 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 13 Aug 2009 23:21

Ian Herring
(I am not saying for one minute you looked liked a hedgehog-baking gypsy). No, yes I am.

*collects dead hegdehog in road for tomorrows disposable barbeque*

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 14 Aug 2009 07:58

Dear Stephen,

We saved you from the jaws of Bradford, and you weren't that good. You already knew how to run, but kicking a ball was obviously a problem for you. A couple of seasons later, you learnt how to take a corner. I was pleased for you. Running and corner taking. You were progressing well. Then, you forgot to cut your hair, forgot you would sometimes on TV, forgot you were never a premier league player, and sometimes forgot how to run.

I wish you all the success on Humberside. I sincerely hope Hull get a lot of corners this year, or else it looks like Nicky Barmby will never retire. You'll like it there, it's dank, and dark, it's dingy. It has the aesthetic charm of a 1993 Astra Belmont. But hey, the people are friendly.

Much Love

BF

Woking Royal

by Woking Royal » 14 Aug 2009 08:26

From today's BBC web site .........................

"I know how difficult the second season syndrome in the Premier League can be from Reading, so, hopefully, I can bring my experience of that here," said Hunt.

Does that mean he plans to play like a twat again, and take Hull down too?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Aug 2009 09:03

A message from Stephen Hunt
Posted on: Fri 14 Aug 2009

After four years at Reading, Stephen Hunt has joined Hull City, and the winger contacted the club's media department to send the following personal message.

I just wanted to thank every single person connected to Reading Football Club over the past four years.

I have had a great time and there have been many experiences that I will never, ever forget. On the pitch, that first year when we won the Championship was a brilliant team effort, and then we kept it going in our first year in the Premier League. On top of that, I have been able to play with my brother Noel and that was very, very special for me and my family, not many people get the chance to do that for a club, never mind their country as well.

It's fair to say that without Steve Coppell signing me, and the help of everybody connected to the club, I would not be where I am today. In fact, God knows where I would have been - my path would have been very, very different. So I would like to thank Steve Coppell for his support. Everybody else at the club; Nick Hammond, Wally, Dill, Sal Bibbo, Nigel Gibbs, so many people have been outstanding.

I have always had a special relationship with the Chairman, I think it goes back to when I jumped on his back after we got promoted! I don't think he ever forgot that, even though he was shocked! He has rewarded me with new contracts while I have been at Reading, and they have been life-changing for me. For that, I would like to thank him and I just hope I repaid him with some good memories. I would also hope that I gave some performances back, and the fee the club has received will hopefully be a positive outcome.

I think I've been honest in saying that the time was right for me to look at a new challenge now. To explain a little, I just felt this was the right time for myself and the club as well. I know that some supporters were a little upset by that, and I can understand that because Reading is a great club. I just hope they can appreciate that I always wear my heart on my sleeve on the pitch and in life. Whenever I said I was happy at Reading, that was true, and similarly when I said it was the right time for me to go, that was true as well. I always tried to give 100%. The fans have always been supportive whenever I have been on the pitch, chanting my name and getting behind me and the team - I could not have asked for more.

That first year we had in the Premier League was very, very special, everybody was together, and that type of thing is very hard to find so we were all lucky to be part of it. I still can't believe we went down after that, and we were so close again last year.

So I would just like to finish by wishing everybody at the club all the very best in the future. In Brendan an outstanding new manager has just come on board, he is exciting to work with and I really enjoyed training in the short space of time I was with him. This is a new team now and I really hope for success this year.

Thanks again,
Stephen Hunt

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 15,00.html

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 14 Aug 2009 09:09

Fair play Stephen. (In my parallel universe where I am a professional footballer) I have often thought I would write an open letter like that if I leaved a club that I loved. Many recent Reading players haven't taken the effort to do so. He's 29, he has a few years left and I can understand him wanting to spend them at the highest level if one of those 20 clubs want him.

A player stating would like to leave but still gives effort on the pitch >>>>> a player who publicly says he is happy but secretly isn't and doesn't try.

I personally blame a dip in form for the way both Hunt and Shorey played towards the end of their time here. Shorey's has continued...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Aug 2009 09:36

good luck hunty i say
yes his form dipped, but i dont think his effort ever did, he still covered every blade of grass, tracking back, tackling, he just forgot how to beat a man or put in a cross- i fail to see how that could be on purpose.
your reputation here amongst the fans has suffered for your losses of form, but also because of your honesty, for having the temerity to say you may want to leave our turdhole of a town and play premiere league football again, but i guess your big enough to take that on the chin.
as a member of the 05-07 club youll always be welcome back in reading IMO

and thanks for the letter!!-its always nice to hear great things about your club

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 14 Aug 2009 09:41

brendywendy good luck hunty i say
yes his form dipped, but i dont think his effort ever did, he still covered every blade of grass, tracking back, tackling, he just forgot how to beat a man or put in a cross- i fail to see how that could be on purpose.
your reputation here amongst the fans has suffered for your losses of form, but also because of your honesty, for having the temerity to say you may want to leave our turdhole of a town and play premiere league football again, but i guess your big enough to take that on the chin.
as a member of the 05-07 club youll always be welcome back in reading IMO

and thanks for the letter!!-its always nice to hear great things about your club

+1!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 14 Aug 2009 09:43

That Friday Feeling
A message from Stephen Hunt
Posted on: Fri 14 Aug 2009

After four years at Reading, Stephen Hunt has joined Hull City, and the winger contacted the club's media department to send the following personal message.

I just wanted to thank every single person connected to Reading Football Club over the past four years.

I have had a great time and there have been many experiences that I will never, ever forget. On the pitch, that first year when we won the Championship was a brilliant team effort, and then we kept it going in our first year in the Premier League. On top of that, I have been able to play with my brother Noel and that was very, very special for me and my family, not many people get the chance to do that for a club, never mind their country as well.

It's fair to say that without Steve Coppell signing me, and the help of everybody connected to the club, I would not be where I am today. In fact, God knows where I would have been - my path would have been very, very different. So I would like to thank Steve Coppell for his support. Everybody else at the club; Nick Hammond, Wally, Dill, Sal Bibbo, Nigel Gibbs, so many people have been outstanding.

I have always had a special relationship with the Chairman, I think it goes back to when I jumped on his back after we got promoted! I don't think he ever forgot that, even though he was shocked! He has rewarded me with new contracts while I have been at Reading, and they have been life-changing for me. For that, I would like to thank him and I just hope I repaid him with some good memories. I would also hope that I gave some performances back, and the fee the club has received will hopefully be a positive outcome.

I think I've been honest in saying that the time was right for me to look at a new challenge now. To explain a little, I just felt this was the right time for myself and the club as well. I know that some supporters were a little upset by that, and I can understand that because Reading is a great club. I just hope they can appreciate that I always wear my heart on my sleeve on the pitch and in life. Whenever I said I was happy at Reading, that was true, and similarly when I said it was the right time for me to go, that was true as well. I always tried to give 100%. The fans have always been supportive whenever I have been on the pitch, chanting my name and getting behind me and the team - I could not have asked for more.

That first year we had in the Premier League was very, very special, everybody was together, and that type of thing is very hard to find so we were all lucky to be part of it. I still can't believe we went down after that, and we were so close again last year.

So I would just like to finish by wishing everybody at the club all the very best in the future. In Brendan an outstanding new manager has just come on board, he is exciting to work with and I really enjoyed training in the short space of time I was with him. This is a new team now and I really hope for success this year.

Thanks again,
Stephen Hunt

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 15,00.html

Yeah, I believe that kind of guff too.

I'll even clap him when he returns to play us next season.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 14 Aug 2009 09:53

Hunts Quote :

"This is the Premier League and it's where I want to be. The Club is talking about signing a player from Real Madrid, so the ambition is obviously there.

"But all I can concentrate on is myself and getting off to a good start. Hopefully I can improve as a player here."

- Fooking needs to improve as well!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2009 10:02

Someone wrote that little goodbye speech for him - there's no way in this world he thought that up all by himself.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Aug 2009 10:16

juanpablo
strap Some of the bile on here is laughable. A no mark free transfer from Brentford, who, in 4 years becomes a seasoned international, makes over 100 starts for RFC, including 2 seasons in the PL, always putting 100% into each game, AND gets sold for £3.5M?!

I seriously think you need help

Not from the spooty faced "yoot" on this board who can't tell a footballer from a plank of wood I don't!

Once some of them have actually been to a few of football matches they might begin to understand what a footballer is supposed to do on the pitch. :roll:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 14 Aug 2009 10:41

strap? More like strap on

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 14 Aug 2009 10:55

We all voted him Player of the Season when we got relegated so it clearly wasn't apparent then that his form was the sole reason we went down. I'd reckon it's fair to say that he played his best football for us when we were a Prem side rather than a Championship one so who can blame him wanting to play there again. With BR's approach it would have been unlikely he'd be starting for Reading when we get back there anyway...

So long and thanks for all the good times... oh and the £?m transfer fee!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Aug 2009 11:02

Good on him for thanking the club and the fans. At least he left on good terms.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Aug 2009 11:03

LoyalRoyalFan Good on him for thanking the club and the fans. At least he left on good terms.

Has he??? :|

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Aug 2009 11:04

Thaumagurist*
LoyalRoyalFan Good on him for thanking the club and the fans. At least he left on good terms.

Has he??? :|

At least he didn't smash the place up.