Who Was At The Game Last Night?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Who Was At The Game Last Night?

by PEARCEY » 17 Sep 2009 19:33

We did play very well in patches but lost our way once they scored..........
We are 3/4 players short of being a very good team. Central defence/central midfield look strong but we look weak up-front.
We definitely deserved something from the game.
As for the Burnley comparision I dont see it as relevant.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Sep 2009 19:35

Fact is Royalee, whether at the game or not is irrelevant as everyone is entitled to their opinion and expressing it how best they see fit. What do I care? I was so pissed off at missing out on 8/1 for the 0-0 on Saturday that I stuck £10 on at 7/4 last night!

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Sep 2009 19:36

Royalee So to the people who went, did we deserve to lose and would you make any changes to the team on Saturday hand on heart? Did we play badly last night? Were we better last night or in the Burnley playoff game?

hand on heart, honest guvnor, thats the best ive seen us play at home since we last won at home. with the exception of simon church (and maybe i missed the good that he did), who i cannot countenance getting a game at this level, i thought we were allot better than of late and can count ourselves unlucky not to have got at least a point. that said, we didnt get a point and that still grates a little bit with me...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 17 Sep 2009 19:38

Royalee So to the people who went, did we deserve to lose and would you make any changes to the team on Saturday hand on heart? Did we play badly last night? Were we better last night or in the Burnley playoff game?

On overall play, we deserved to get something out of the game for sure, against a very good Cardiff side. We played well, better after we conceded than we were after conceding against Burnley, but no better or worse before that than we were against Burnley. If that makes sense.

Changes to the team on Saturday? Probably not - I'd kind of like some more width but not sure where we'd get it, other than gambling on Kebe having one of his good games (as he tends to do more away than at home). Maybe I'd like to see Gunnar instead of Kara...no, I'd give Kara a run of a few matches in that position, build confidence. Marek, Howard, Gylfi is a good trio and I'd give the front two another crack at it. Pearce worries me, but not enough to drop him. Cummings is hopefully getting some TLC from Rodgers at the moment - he too needs his confidence building.

All in my very humble opinion.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 19:41

So the more balanced people who watched the game last night are encouraged and think we're improving.

Why then, are there Rodgers and Madejski and Hammond Out threads and people bitching and moaning and wanting to slit their wrists?

Sort it out people.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 17 Sep 2009 19:42

Royalee Ian Royal, Deathy, Archie’s Penalty, The whole year inn - some of the main people bitching and moaning about what's going on at the club all on here as opposed to at the game during play last night taken from the match thread, LOL.

Mods, can you revoke their right to post shit if they post on here during play?

:lol: :lol: :lol: i like it, lets name and shame the plastic fans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 17 Sep 2009 19:43

I was, did the good ol' usain bolt celebration with kingsley :wink:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Sep 2009 19:45

Same result. If Coppell had still been the manager you would have been calling for his head.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Sep 2009 19:46

Could have gone either way. A vast improvement on Saturday and probably the best since the 1st half against Sheff Utd. Had Noel Hunt been awake we would have won as he had 2 very good chances. Their goal could have been disallowed but they were very strong through the middle. Lack of options for the man on the ball was our biggest problem as there was very little width on offer.

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 17 Sep 2009 19:46

Royalee So the more balanced people who watched the game last night are encouraged and think we're improving.

Why then, are there Rodgers and Madejski and Hammond Out threads and people bitching and moaning and wanting to slit their wrists?

Sort it out people.

Yes - I was there and thought we showed a marked improvement. More threat, more progressive play and we just need to be more clinical with the chances we are making. I came home thinking the best team lost.

There will always be bitchin, I just put it down to the 'I want it NOW!' mentality of some fans. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing another good team being developed by Rodgers and a new set of young players emerge.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 19:49

Royal With Cheese

Same result. If Coppell had still been the manager you would have been calling for his head.

No, that's where you're wrong. The same people having a go after last night were the ones having a go at Coppell after that Plymouth game when we were showing vast improvement. I turned on him after the Portsmouth game in the second Premiership season having given him time. Rodgers has had the job for 3 months, not 5 years.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 19:49

(replying to Starry)

...and win lose or draw

I just want to see commitment and effort.

Both of which were in abundance from both teams last night.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Sep 2009 19:58

Royalee
Royal With Cheese

No, that's where you're wrong. The same people having a go after last night were the ones having a go at Coppell after that Plymouth game when we were showing vast improvement. I turned on him after the Portsmouth game in the second Premiership season having given him time. Rodgers has had the job for 3 months, not 5 years.

So you "turned" on Coppell in the 8th game of the second season in the prem, the first finishing 8th and narrowly missing out on a european slot.

:shock:

Did Coppell run over your cat or something?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 19:59

Well, I didn't want him out then, I wanted him out after seeing what happened in January and going on the losing run, but I saw the problem at the Portsmouth game.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Sep 2009 20:01

Royalee Well, I didn't want him out then, I wanted him out after seeing what happened in January and going on the losing run, but I saw the problem at the Portsmouth game.

If you didn't want him out then, why did you say it? Some people might think that would be the statement of a twat.
Last edited by Royal With Cheese on 17 Sep 2009 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 17 Sep 2009 20:01

I think the word for those of us there last night was "frustrated" - at least the team must have felt so. The passing was so much more accurate than it has been and, as on Saturday, we would have at least drawn if it were not for their 'keeper. Although disappointed, I and my family all feel optimistic with the improvement and hope that it continues on Saturday at Peterborough.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 20:04

Royal With Cheese
Royalee Well, I didn't want him out then, I wanted him out after seeing what happened in January and going on the losing run, but I saw the problem at the Portsmouth game.

If you didn't want him out then, why did you say it? Some people might thing that would be the statement of a twat.

I began to turn then - those were my first doubts I meant. Hardly the statement of a twat given what happened afterwards, quite forward-thinking actually.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2009 20:05

Didn't really deserve to lose but just haven't been left with sufficient quality up front to win.

The worrying thing is there is no such quality to bring in so no point in changing the team.

Royalee So the more balanced people who watched the game last night are encouraged and think we're improving.

Sort it out people.

Simple, because Rodgers could do a far better job if he had some decent backing from those above him.

Wouldn't mind winning a go on that microphone:

"Back the boys................and spend some money Madejski!"

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 20:08

Rasiak and N Hunt are proven at this level, Church would have scored last night if it wasn't for a top notch save and Long scored double figures last season didn't he?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Sep 2009 20:09

Why not read the back from the game thread Royalee, all the answers are there, with various views, why do you need another same style thread??