211 posts
wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

Re: The £2M signing..

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2009 21:32

Royalee
wolsey
Royalee You were the one blaming Pearce so go on...I already know the answer.

Sorry - where did I blame Pearce? (talk about a persecution complex!)

From memory (probably wrong).

all three against Newcastle (one was compounded by a centre half totally switching off and not doing the basics properly)

Barnsley

Last night

Don't know about Sheff U - wasn't there so I don't have the right to comment on any aspect of the game.

Am I any near being right?

Nowhere near.

Second goal at Newcastle yes, first goal was at the far post, Pearce was marking their other striker near post and the other was a handball against Shane Long - not sure how you put that down to Pearce.

Sheffield United's first goal was a long cross which landed at Bertrand's man's feet (Ched Evans) at the far post who then had a cross-shot which fell to Karacan's man (covering for Rosenior who was out of position) to tap on our right hand side. Second Sheffield United goal was Federici's blunder and their third was a thunderbolt from 25 yards, hardly Pearce's fault.

Sigurdsson himself admitted he let his man go for the Barnsley goal so mega lolz on that one.

Cardiff's goal last night was a cross from the left, O'Dea was nudged as him and his man tangled in the air challenging for it before Bertrand got in a tangle at the far post and their player slammed it in - Pearce was on the other side of the goal marking Chopra I believe, who didn't score.

So basically Pearce has cost us one goal this season - he's clearly shit and must be replaced. 4 clean sheets in 7 games is bollocks!

The question I asked was:

"How many goals have we conceded because we didn't deal with high balls (or crosses) into the area."

Nowhere did I mention Pearce.

Now, bearing this in mind, would you like to reconsider your answer?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 21:33

Harpers So Solid Crew Actually not blaming Pearce at all., but a quick look and he has played a part in 43 matches at this level, as sub or starter for RFC Norwich or Soton, and has been on the winning side just 10 times, does it mean anything??? i dunno.
playing for N'arge and the Scummers?

The poor sod

mind you, he's had plenty of practise.

Seriously, dialog with the Saints fans (before they beat us at home last season)said "that he was the only one worthy of wearing the stripes"

...he also played many-a-game for Bournemouth FTR

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Sep 2009 21:33

Maguire
Royal Lady I don't always see eye to eye with you Ideal, but this is exactly what I've been saying. But of course, we're not entitled to discuss this, as we're wrong! LOL .I'm surprised Royalee hasn't chipped in today too.

TBF you do talk absolute shit when it comes to football, aswell as being a reactionary old bag, so little wonder people ignore your hysteria.

:lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 21:34

I missed that, but Maguire that has to be my favourite post on here all season. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 21:35

roberto_11
Ian Royal
roberto_11 But surely people who have played football, regardless of whether it was for your school team or for Real Madrid, will be in a much better position to make an informed judgement?

For example you are more likely to chose a trained plumber, not some random bloke you meet in the street, to fix your plumbing!!

Someone with a bit of analytical intelligence and experience of football in some sort, playing or watching> someone with a bit of analytical intelligence>an idiot who's played football.

Intelligent person who has played football >> Idiot who has played football >> Intelligent person who has never played football >> Idiot who has never played football

If you're implying that I am thick by the way, I could give you a number of reasons how I have anayltical intelligence.

I'm suggesting nothing you aren't providing ample evidence for. Kicking a ball about does not an informed opinion make.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 17 Sep 2009 21:58

londinium
Royalee You were the one blaming Pearce so go on...I already know the answer.

Pearce is not really much of a defender at all, he lacks pace, has no positional sence, doesn't track his man and has no leadership skills whatsoever.

you forgot laughable passing ability and would get beaten to a high ball by MiniMe

Ivar/Mills/ODea for the two centre back places

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:02

So I point out he's only been at fault for one goal all season and you say he loses his man all the time and can't pass? Would you like to tell me when he gives the ball away all the time with his rubbish passing?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:04

Where are they doing that? It would be nice to have some sensible debate with people who attend games instead of those in need of Samaritans based overseas who can barely even name the starting eleven.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 17 Sep 2009 22:08

Ideal
Harpers So Solid Crew a lot of abuse on this thread, cant some just calm down a litle and discuss stuff.

It would be nice if some people would do that, rather than just spout "cock, prick, twat" at random intervals, followed by a random number of exclamation marks.

what are you on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, :lol: felt a need to boost my post count :wink:

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:25

Ian Royal
I'm suggesting nothing you aren't providing ample evidence for. Kicking a ball about does not an informed opinion make.

But it isnt just kicking a football around is it? Playing football involves tactial knowledge which your manager and coaches will pass onto you, which you will have to use your brain to implement on the fotoball pitch. You need a good knowledge of how football works, along with natural ability to be a successful player. You cant have 11 headless chickens running around aimlessly chasing the ball, like you are suggesting. You obviously gain much more experience and knowledge of the game through practical involvement as opposed to armchair watching.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:25

Ideal
Harpers So Solid Crew a lot of abuse on this thread, cant some just calm down a litle and discuss stuff.

It would be nice if some people would do that, rather than just spout "cock, prick, twat" at random intervals, followed by a random number of exclamation marks.

You said it not me

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:28

roberto_11
Ian Royal

But it isnt just kicking a football around is it? Playing football involves tactial knowledge which your manager and coaches will pass onto you, which you will have to use your brain to implement on the fotoball pitch. You need a good knowledge of how football works, along with natural ability to be a successful player. You cant have 11 headless chickens running around aimlessly chasing the ball, like you are suggesting. You obviously gain much more experience and knowledge of the game through practical involvement as opposed to armchair watching.

And none of that matters a damn if you don't have a brain.

You have no idea whether most of the people on here have played and to what level. Judge by what is said, not by your perception of whether they've payed or not.

I played twice for my primary school and have always been shit at sport, but a page or two ago you said I'd got it spot on. Does that not tell you you're talking utter rubbish about people not having played not knowing what they;re talking about?

Just stop and think for a second and try and ditch that chip on your shoulder.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:30

The team board is ridiculous at the moment. Lol.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:31

Archie's penalty The team board is ridiculous at the moment. Lol.

Tell me about it, it's like a rugby club social oxf*rd of idiocy and blinkered negativity.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:36

Ian Royal And none of that matters a damn if you don't have a brain.

You have no idea whether most of the people on here have played and to what level. Judge by what is said, not by your perception of whether they've payed or not.

I played twice for my primary school and have always been shit at sport, but a page or two ago you said I'd got it spot on. Does that not tell you you're talking utter rubbish about people not having played not knowing what they;re talking about?

Just stop and think for a second and try and ditch that chip on your shoulder.

Which chip would that be Ian?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:37

The one involving you knowing more than people you know nothing about because you've played a bit of football.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:37

Row Z Royal Piss off.

+1

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:38

Ian Royal The one involving you knowing more than people you know nothing about because you've played a bit of football.

Ah cool. Glad thats sorted

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:42

Ian Royal

Tell me about it, it's like a rugby club social oxf*rd-fest of idiocy and blinkered negativity.

Yep and the former blindly negative people are now the blindly positive people.

I'm a bit lost tbh.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:44

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal

Tell me about it, it's like a rugby club social oxf*rd-fest of idiocy and blinkered negativity.

Yep and the former blindly negative people are now the blindly positive people.

I'm a bit lost tbh.

Stick with me in the land of considered and balanced middle view.

211 posts