Who Was At The Game Last Night?

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who Was At The Game Last Night?

by Royal We » 18 Sep 2009 10:40

No, I wasn't there last night. I did go to the game on Wednesday, though.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Sep 2009 10:48

Maguire Also lolz@ thinking playing Senior Division football adds more strength to your footballing arguments than if you only play Div 3.

It's a daft arguement, but my 2 pennies worth is that your right and wrong there.

The actual playing at the different standards can teach you a lot more about the game, you're playing with and against players that play at a very good standard and the ability and organisation is quite a distance apart at times. It's learning from those around you that means it can have quite a difference.

At the same time though it's more just having the ability to play at the higher level that probably gives you a better understanding of whats going on in a game because you have hands on experience of what's happening.

I've played with some very good players who just get by on natural ability though. Their understanding of whats going on around them is purely instinctive and it wouldn't really matter what level they played at they wouldn't learn any more about the game. On the flip side you'll find people who've hardly been able to kick a ball that can see and understand a lot of the ins and outs better than players who'd played at a good standard.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2009 11:44

Hoop Blah
Maguire Also lolz@ thinking playing Senior Division football adds more strength to your footballing arguments than if you only play Div 3.

It's a daft arguement, but my 2 pennies worth is that your right and wrong there.

The actual playing at the different standards can teach you a lot more about the game, you're playing with and against players that play at a very good standard and the ability and organisation is quite a distance apart at times. It's learning from those around you that means it can have quite a difference.

At the same time though it's more just having the ability to play at the higher level that probably gives you a better understanding of whats going on in a game because you have hands on experience of what's happening.

I've played with some very good players who just get by on natural ability though. Their understanding of whats going on around them is purely instinctive and it wouldn't really matter what level they played at they wouldn't learn any more about the game. On the flip side you'll find people who've hardly been able to kick a ball that can see and understand a lot of the ins and outs better than players who'd played at a good standard.

I do agree with you but I guess the real reason i'm LOLing is because the only reason it's being brought up on this board is because the usual idiots are trying to get one-up on each other despite them posting shit all day every day.

You don't have to look beyond some of the TV pundits to see how extremely gifted ex-pros can actually have zero clue about what's going on in a game.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Sep 2009 11:47

Yes

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 Sep 2009 11:47

Royal We No, I wasn't there last night. I did go to the game on Wednesday, though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I see what you did there

and it was very, very clever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Sep 2009 12:15

Hoop Blah

Totally agree with that.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 18 Sep 2009 12:21

Hoop Blah

Ironically, you could be talking about Brendan Rodgers in that last sentence.

A high-level example of what you are talking about are the Charlton brothers - Bobby was the more naturally gifted but never seems to have grasped the intricacies of the game, and was a useless manager. It all came far too easily for him as a player. OK, Jackie is a world cup winner too, but he had to graft far more to achieve that level, and clearly knew how to manage a football team. He was an excellent analyst of the game to boot.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Sep 2009 19:31

wolsey
So if you were so talented, and such a student of the game, what made you into one of the worst, and most officious referees in the SCML?

Perhaps your "skills" aren't as transferrable as you may have hoped.
Sorry?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Sep 2009 19:52

CMRoyal
Ironically, you could be talking about Brendan Rodgers in that last sentence.

A high-level example of what you are talking about are the Charlton brothers - Bobby was the more naturally gifted but never seems to have grasped the intricacies of the game, and was a useless manager. It all came far too easily for him as a player. OK, Jackie is a world cup winner too, but he had to graft far more to achieve that level, and clearly knew how to manage a football team. He was an excellent analyst of the game to boot.

The harder you have to work for it, the better you'll understand it. That's a truism if I've ever heard one.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Sep 2009 19:57

I was at the game on Wednesday night.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2009 19:58

LoyalRoyalFan I was at the game on Wednesday night.
Hosannah!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 18 Sep 2009 20:08

AthleticoSpizz
LoyalRoyalFan I was at the game on Wednesday night.
Hosannah!

Bless you.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2009 20:10

I need more than blessing mate

right now, I need some Stimerol Sportsmans Gum

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2009 00:51

AthleticoSpizz I need more than blessing mate

right now, I need some Stimerol Sportsmans Gum

or maybe a butt plug??

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Sep 2009 10:20

:lol:

I assume that you will be wanting it back again?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 19 Sep 2009 10:34

Quite hard to make matches from Hong Kong. You can still find out a lot from the game by reading comments from both sides and neutral newspapers. My opinions are valid and you're just being pathetic again. I have seen this team play too, my last game was against Sheff Utd so I'm not completely in the dark.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 19 Sep 2009 13:12

Yes

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 19 Sep 2009 14:15

Me too....

...well, not last night, or even the night before...

...it was the night before that...

...but I was there...

...HTH

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 19 Sep 2009 17:14

I was there too....why do you ask?