BR Leaves Club

507 posts
Percy's Rocket

Re: BR Leaves Club

by Percy's Rocket » 16 Dec 2009 19:27

Rev Algenon Stickleback H I wonder if Tim Dellor will get to interview Rodgers for his reaction

Priceless !

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 Dec 2009 19:27

Clearly not at the training ground anyway.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 16 Dec 2009 19:28

I'm astounded. Not happy at all with this.

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 16 Dec 2009 19:28

The best news I could have heard before christmas as he was the only manager in 35 years of following RFC of whom had driven me too stop going to home games despite being a a STH, I just could'nt face it anymore.

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 16 Dec 2009 19:29

Coppell :lol: and Ferguson is just another young rising manager with no proven record in the Championship

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 19:29

Percy's Rocket
Ian Royal
winchester_royal Rodgers will be a good manager one day, but not in the English leagues.

Which is a shame because it's unlikely a European team will give him the chance as a complete non-entity from English Football.

Northern Ireland will soon be looking for a new gaffer !!

and by the way the Watford board have their own problems today..
Heading for administration by this time tomorrow
which means we will climb one place...we really are on a roll now

Losing ten points for going into administration doesn't mean that Watford are a worse team than us, nor will it make them one. If anything, the nature of the club Watford is, I can see it spurring them on. Short of Madejski paying out to get a) a decent manager and b) backing him with meaningful transfer funds and wages, I reckon Watford will still finish above us.

JoebyRFC Coppell :lol: and Ferguson is just another young rising manager with no proven record in the Championship

Why the hell would Coppell come back when quite a few of our first team squad are players he loaned out because he didn't think they were good enough for The Championship and, as yet, have still to prove him wrong?

That aside. He's still remembered as our best manager ever. Why take the risk of blowing that by being at the helm when we are relegated again?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 16 Dec 2009 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Dec 2009 19:29

Good knowledge Winchester. I hoped it was true when I read it last night!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Dec 2009 19:30

Spud The best news I could have heard before christmas as he was the only manager in 35 years of following RFC of whom had driven me too stop going to home games despite being a a STH, I just could'nt face it anymore.

Any particular reason Spud?

His big-mouth comments?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:31

RoyalBlue Losing ten points for going into administration doesn't mean that Watford are a worse team than us, nor will it make them one. If anything, the nature of the club Watford is, I can see it spurring them on. Short of Madejski paying out to get a) a decent manager and b) backing him with meaningful transfer funds and wages, I reckon Watford will still finish above us.

Except for the whole problem of probably losing a bunch of their best players in the transfer window.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 16 Dec 2009 19:32

Really shocked by this and feel a little sorry for Brendon - he'll find it really difficult to get another manager's job now & will probably have to go back to youth/reserve coaching for a while. That said, he was clearly out of his depth here and has taken us several leaps backwards in the few months he's been in charge.
We must have someone else in mind for us to act so (relatively) quickly.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 16 Dec 2009 19:32

Humanistic As others have said, it's a bit sad and surprised the club have done this after a better run of results. Thought he have might have come good long-term, was given a 3 year contract after all.

Eamon Dolan to be caretaker manager?

Oh! Oh! 3 year contract = substantial compensation. Add that to compensation paid to Watford..... Hammond out!

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:32

T.R.O.L.I.
heathrow royal Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way oh what fun it is to see rodgers on his way hey

You giving that an airing on Saturday, heathrow?

You know you will be joining in. I know what your like after a few beers :lol:

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 16 Dec 2009 19:33

heathrow royal
T.R.O.L.I.
heathrow royal Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way oh what fun it is to see rodgers on his way hey

You giving that an airing on Saturday, heathrow?

You know you will be joining in. I know what your like after a few beers :lol:

:lol:

Big McC

by Big McC » 16 Dec 2009 19:33

Just found out, and both shocked and feel sorry for BR. Sadly, he had everything stacked against him. Timing's poor (esp. in realtionship to January transfer window) - should have been done much sooner or not for a while.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 19:34

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue Losing ten points for going into administration doesn't mean that Watford are a worse team than us, nor will it make them one. If anything, the nature of the club Watford is, I can see it spurring them on. Short of Madejski paying out to get a) a decent manager and b) backing him with meaningful transfer funds and wages, I reckon Watford will still finish above us.

Except for the whole problem of probably losing a bunch of their best players in the transfer window.

And we won't?! Attendances are down, no money for transfers, sell before we can spend, cloth cutting etc.

Big McC Just found out, and both shocked and feel sorry for BR. Sadly, he had everything stacked against him. Timing's poor (esp. in realtionship to January transfer window) - should have been done much sooner or not for a while.

Or a really sharp move, allowing any new manager no time to work out who he needs before the window shuts again! Money's tight don't you know it.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 16 Dec 2009 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:35

MmmMonsterMunch Good knowledge Winchester. I hoped it was true when I read it last night!

He had to get something right this year........

I've now joined the likes if boobies and gav. 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:36

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

And we won't?! Attendances are down, no money for transfers, sell before we can spend, cloth cutting etc.

I doubt it very much. Matejovsky probably, but he's a non essential luxury anyway. Mills maybe, but then he's hardly set the world alight. Certainly a hell of a lot better position than a club in ADMINISTRATION with very little chance of getting a CVA unless HMRC have changed their policy recently.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 16 Dec 2009 19:36

Ian Royal

Yes, going in to administration is not a problem at all !!

As Ian says they will have to sell their best players ..

But my point was maybe things are not as bad as they seemed ..but we do need a manager who can get it right quickly
and drive our lot on..with some new blood in January..I really do not think we will be forced to sell the likes of Mcanuff..
but if anyone wants Jimmy...

mad79

by mad79 » 16 Dec 2009 19:36

Lets hope he left his black book of tactics and formations with the page at the back of jose words. Mr chairman what happened to the right dna for the club bollocks.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:37

What this decision will do is unite the fan base again, however briefly it'll last.

507 posts