1 question

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 1 question

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Dec 2009 23:41

Royalee I'll add Cummings, Matejovsky was the only player on the pitch capable of a good 45 minutes today, yet he was subbed!

You'd keep Matejovski on todays performance ....and yet,and poor old Cummings didn't even get to play

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 28 Dec 2009 23:48

Royalee I'll add Cummings, Matejovsky was the only player on the pitch capable of a good 45 minutes today, yet he was subbed!

Just being picky for the hell of it...but isn't it 90mins not 45!!!! :wink:

The biggest problem I see is that we don't have a single player that can perform at a better than mediocre or average standard for the full 90mins...

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 29 Dec 2009 00:27

SLAMMED "the likelihood of any players coming in January are highly unlikely, outgoings more likely."

And we are looking to attract a new Manager too !?!?!.... Brilliant !.... Oh but I forgot, there is no rush is there :roll:

At this rate I might just put an application in myself, I am sure Hammond would consider me with all my CM experience and watching RFC from the stands for years. Then you can all boo me when my 'not good enough players' don't win much, and I can walk away much much much much richer :D

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:53

Row Z Royal Add to that list:

Royalee
RoyalBlue

Are you row Z bacause you are backward :roll:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 Dec 2009 00:55

Tamworth_Royal
Row Z Royal Add to that list:

Royalee
RoyalBlue

Are you row Z bacause you are backward :roll:

are you dislexik?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 29 Dec 2009 00:57

Tamworth_Royal Are you row Z bacause you are backward :roll:

That doesn't make any sense however you read it...

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:58

MeMeMe
SLAMMED "the likelihood of any players coming in January are highly unlikely, outgoings more likely."

And we are looking to attract a new Manager too !?!?!.... Brilliant !.... Oh but I forgot, there is no rush is there :roll:

At this rate I might just put an application in myself

:roll: at all the protest stuff on the other threads... But having said that I am pretty disillusioned with the way things are going and the fact that the board are 'taking time to reflect' instead of getting us a manager who can save us from relegation, or at least have a go. By the time they finish reflecting on the past the club's future will be league one!

But rather than protesting and ruining my enjoyment of seeing Reading lose 10-0 to Liverpool here's what I reckon the would-be protesters should do...

Print off a cv each detailing your own vision for the club, your experience (e.g. CM, sunday league, Ryan Giggs soccer skills video) and your chosen management system e.g. long ball, Arsenal, world class model, hairdryer, big watch, WNG, or whatever... then stick them on the stadium walls in a line. Have fun with that. Reading them on the way in might make the cup game slightly more amusing.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 29 Dec 2009 02:13

I always thought this would be the case. Better off out of it Brendan.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Dec 2009 07:16

Anyone who thinks this is somehow unrelated to Rodgers' departure is either delusional, lying or both.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 29 Dec 2009 08:02

Can't see though why Mc Dermott has to go. All he's done is trying to help out.
He should just simply return to chief scout [or whatever he was] and resume his former duties.
No reason to leave, same for Gibbs.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 29 Dec 2009 08:06

Dickie's Spear Can't see though why Mc Dermott has to go. All he's done is trying to help out.
He should just simply return to chief scout [or whatever he was] and resume his former duties.
No reason to leave, same for Gibbs.

Agreed.

Let him have the Liverpool game as a reward for "helping out" then send him back to the day job.

We need a proven, experienced manager in place for the next league game or we are going down.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 29 Dec 2009 08:18

Exactly why should he lose his job, when he was just asked to fill in.
However whoever the unlucky manager is to take over this shambles will not be so lucky
as whoever that person is will not have a job to return to.
Anyway what is the attraction by any fame seeking manager to take on this shambles anyway,
given the lack of financial backing and the current playing staff.
It would appear to be a no win situation.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2009 08:20

Says it it all. Thorvaldsson - who signed a few weeks ago the only player in - and that's a loan done under the previous manager.

Then there's that prime trump JM waffling on about how we have the biggest and best squad in the division (despite the fact that over half the squad are inexperienced kids and the rest are players whose confidence is shot to pieces or who plainly are not good enough).

No manager confirmed so no-one can make any real plans (although we all know it'll be the cheap option of BM and NG for at least the rest of the season). No manager leikely even if they were looking as no-one in their right mind would want to get involved where there is no finanical support.

The only good news in the statement is the phrase "outgoings more likely" which give a little bit of forlorn hope that the players who plainly are not good enough or are past it might go (I'm not going to mention any names, but there are at lease 5 or 6 in that category).

So it looks like we'll be able to renew acquaintance with some really old names next season, hello Rochdale, Aldersh*t, Murts, Pards, Swindedon etc.

And so all back to where we were 10 years ago playing in front of next to no-one in a shiny stadium and a club worth even less what JM wants for it.

No investment, no entertainment and no nothing

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2009 10:45

Platypuss

Anyone who thinks this is somehow unrelated to Rodgers' departure is either delusional, lying or both.

Exactly but there will still be some 'informed insiders' that seek to deny it.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 29 Dec 2009 10:54

Radical, blue sky thinking but he starting to win me round

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2009 10:55

I'd say that was almost certainly why Coppell didn't want to continue too - he knew there'd be no money and he knew he wouldn't be able to do a job for us without bringing in players to replace all those that we sold.

If we have no money available to bring in players in January, then, surely, it follows that we have no money to attract a competent, experienced manager. Therefore, McDermott will be manager until the end of the season, at least.

I can't even begin to contemplate what team we will be putting out each week if we get rid of even more players in January.

This is on a par with Thames Valley Royals for me. Unless we find a kindly benefactor, even for the short term, we are well and truly in the mire with the current chairman at the helm - and it pains me to say it, because he saved this club many moons ago - I really think he needs to have a press conference and state his intentions quite clearly to the masses. If he tells us that until such time he sells the club, he's not spending a penny more than he currently he is (ie on wages etc) - then at least we'll know, instead of this endless speculation.

If he tells us he is holding out for a specific amount of money, plus the right to continue to call the stadium The Madejski Stadium, we'll know that we have many more years, probably, of all this shite.

We might not like what we hear, but at least it would put an end to the constant speculation on here. :cry:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2009 10:59

The question is though would it have been better under any other chairman?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2009 11:02

No-one can answer that.

This is what is happening here and now, thinking about what another chairman might or might not have done differently, makes no odds to this current situation does it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2009 11:04

Perhaps not - but as I've just asked in another thread - what will forcing SJM out of the club actually acheive - what reward would we actually see.

I just can't see how forcing him out would have any benefit but I can see many, many negatives - even more so than the current predicament.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 29 Dec 2009 11:24

How the feck is anyone going to FORCE JM OUT - 4fs