Reading Cut Adrift in Bottom Four

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Reading Cut Adrift in Bottom Four

by PEARCEY » 16 Jan 2010 20:14

Ian Royal Oh well, we've only got to finish 21st this season.

And LOLLY at our win at Anfield being lucky when we should have had about 4 goals in normal time and Liverpool's only decent effort was from Bertrand.

We certainly deserved the win but Benayoun had a curling shot which was pretty close in the first half which counts as a decent effort in any game.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Jan 2010 20:15

PEARCEY
West Stand Flash
The Real Sandhurst Royal Adrift yes, but the our destiny is in our own hands with home games still to come against Plymouth, Sheffield Wedenesday and Peterbourgh who are all below us in the table at this moment in time.

You absolute fcking tool, have u seen our home form over the past 12 months?? Relegation is on the cards. End of story !!!!

Why the need for such an abusive response? The dire home form will come to an end sooner or later. We all know relegation is a possibility but is not the probability that you suggest

Like SDR, WSF is a sociopath whose only form of communication is incontinent abuse.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 16 Jan 2010 20:23

With names like that they should be able to find us £40 million by selling a castle and that second hand car racket.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 16 Jan 2010 20:26

The Real Sandhurst Royal wrote: Adrift yes, but the our destiny is in our own hands with home games still to come against Plymouth, Sheffield Wedenesday and Peterbourgh who are all below us in the table at this moment in time.

West Stand Flash wrote: You absolute fcking tool, have u seen our home form over the past 12 months?? Relegation is on the cards. End of story !!!!

PEARCEY wrote:Why the need for such an abusive response? The dire home form will come to an end sooner or later. We all know relegation is a possibility but is not the probability that you suggest

A]ch Wrote; Like SDR, WSF is a sociopath whose only form of communication is incontinent abuse

WEST STAND FLASH you should request a new user name TOTAL TO**ER springs to mind.

John Peel

by John Peel » 16 Jan 2010 21:07

I cannot believe more than half of you wanted Rodgers out. It's cost us a relatively large compensation - money we could've done with. And we've won 2 points from a possible 12, 9 of which were away from home where our form is supposed to be better. We should've kept Rodgers (although I really hope I eat my words come May). Right, preparing for torrent of abuse...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2010 21:13

Indeed - it was only worth ditching BR if we were to get in someone better.
If BMcD is not that ,an then it is the board who will have to bear the consequences.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2010 21:15

John Peel I cannot believe more than half of you wanted Rodgers out. It's cost us a relatively large compensation - money we could've done with. And we've won 2 points from a possible 12, 9 of which were away from home where our form is supposed to be better. We should've kept Rodgers (although I really hope I eat my words come May). Right, preparing for torrent of abuse...

But only Plymouth was really realistically winnable. Yes shocks are possible, but they would really have been shocks. Even Bristol City, if to a lesser extent than Forest or Swansea.

Under Rodgers we could just as easily have lost an extra game as won one.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2010 21:16

This is the Championship - every game is winnable.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Jan 2010 21:18

Sir Dodger Royal Dismal Reading unable to beat 10 man Forest.

Gave up reading after this sentence from some keyboard warrior who obviously wasn't at the game :roll:

We were 2-0 to 11 men - they were reduced to 10 on 68 minutes when Shorey took down Kebe to concede a penalty and get himself a red card.

Not many sides will overturn a 2-0 deficit away against "10 man Forest" this season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2010 21:22

Platypuss This is the Championship - every game is winnable.

Not for a team in our form. Before Rodgers left some people were saying it was entirely conceivable we'd pick up no points from this run of game. We're not doing well, but making a judgement just yet is too soon.

I find it laughable so many people think Rodgers wasn't given enough time, yet McDermott has played 4 games and should be got rid of, I suspect many are the same people.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2010 21:24

Ian Royal

Not for a team in our form.

Sorry Ian, that's bollox.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2010 21:28

Platypuss
Ian Royal

Not for a team in our form.

Sorry Ian, that's bollox.

You cannot realistic expect us to beat a team in Forest's form or with Swansea's record. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Jan 2010 21:42

You might not expect it, but quite often it happens. Look at our two losses in 05/06 - Plymouth (H) who finished 50 points behind us in 14th and Luton (A) who finshed 45 points behind us in 10th.

This season, Plymouth (currently 23rd) won away at Cardiff (currently 5th) and Scunthorpe (currently 20th) beat Newcastle (currently 1st).

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Jan 2010 21:44

T.R.O.L.I. You might not expect it, but quite often it happens. Look at our two losses in 05/06 - Plymouth (H) who finished 50 points behind us in 14th and Luton (A) who finshed 45 points behind us in 10th.

This season, Plymouth (currently 23rd) won away at Cardiff (currently 5th) and Scunthorpe (currently 20th) beat Newcastle (currently 1st).

Indeed and Forest turned us over nearly a year ago at The Madejski when we were flying high and they were struggling to avoid relegation.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2010 21:55

Ian Royal You cannot realistic expect us to beat a team in Forest's form or with Swansea's record. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

What has "expect" got to do with it?

AF2

by AF2 » 16 Jan 2010 22:01

Sir Dodger Royal Dismal Reading unable to beat 10 man Forest. We need to recognise that the two caretaker managers are not up to the job.

A fluke win at Liverpool is meaningless. What we need is a win in the league. Indeed we now need four on the spin. Amnything less is totally unacceptable.

The two odd job boys record is worse than Rodgers. Nottingham Forest had a hard game against Birmingham in mid week so please do not make excuses about Reading having a hard game at Liverpool.

Reading need results not excuses. The tight fisted Chairman needs to bring in an experienced Manager as opposed to the current two cheap options.

He may have saved money on sacking three coaches but he will lose millions when we are relegated.

Frankly his negative approach in not supporting the Club with his rediculous penny pinching strategy deserves no more than Division One Football.

At this rate that appears to be a cast oron certainty unless some investment is made in players and real managers. B Mc may be a nice bloke but basically he is a scout and no more. Appointing them next week will be a big big big big mistake.

SDR spot on as usual it's a pity that the Madman is so blind. Get down to Specsavers before it is too late.

Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes seseeeeeeeeeee

Get to it. Dodger has spoken.
Sir Dodger Royal.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 16 Jan 2010 23:10

Gordons Cumming I am willing to pay good money to rid SDR of HNA for good.

Please PM me.

to be honest the guy is dead right. despite the euphoria of the Anfield result we are sucked in to a relegation dogfight and they omens are not looking good at all.We need an experienced Manager and back up team and a decent experienced striker, midfield playmaker and decent right back.signing players on loan when they are trying to gain match fitness from either injury or for not playing is not the answer in the current position. Madjeski needs to invest some realistic money on players in this transfer window (and wages) before it is too late. I am fed up about the negativity about lack of funds to be honest and Div 1 is looming and numerous season tickets not renewed unless something drastic is done soon.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jan 2010 00:19

Sir Dodger Royal Dismal Reading unable to beat 10 man Forest. We need to recognise that the two caretaker managers are not up to the job.

We all know we are going down m8, stop keep bleating on about it as if there is remotely anything we can do about it.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 17 Jan 2010 00:25

Tilehurst Mike
Gordons Cumming I am willing to pay good money to rid SDR of HNA for good.

Please PM me.

to be honest the guy is dead right. despite the euphoria of the Anfield result we are sucked in to a relegation dogfight and they omens are not looking good at all.We need an experienced Manager and back up team and a decent experienced striker, midfield playmaker and decent right back.signing players on loan when they are trying to gain match fitness from either injury or for not playing is not the answer in the current position. Madjeski needs to invest some realistic money on players in this transfer window (and wages) before it is too late. I am fed up about the negativity about lack of funds to be honest and Div 1 is looming and numerous season tickets not renewed unless something drastic is done soon.

Right or wrong this guy come on here to bitch. That's all he does. Check ALL of his posts. He moans about RFC all the time. There's supporters on this site that moan alot, but praise when deemed necessary. SDR moans every post. Never anything positive, hence him disappearing during the 106pts season and our 2 years in the Prem. You can see wht him and WSF are related/the same person :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 17 Jan 2010 00:35

Platypuss
Ian Royal You cannot realistic expect us to beat a team in Forest's form or with Swansea's record. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

What has "expect" got to do with it?

Are you kidding me? We, the fans, would have looked at form the form of Forest, compared it to our own, and expected a heavy defeat. I expect many bookmakers would have done similar. Whilst it was totally within the realms of reality that we could have beaten Forest, we the fans, have no right to "expect" anything above or beyond the form indicators. As it turned out, we played against probably the most in-form team in the Championship and may even have come away with something had fate conspired in our favour.

What the fans expect and what they want are two very different things. It's only when the players expect a defeat that we need to worry. Whatever we all think is a massive irrelevance.

So 'expect' away, there's nothing wrong with it.