Bottom 3

218 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Bottom 3

by Platypuss » 20 Jan 2010 08:39

LUX
Mid Sussex Royal Will be 4 points behind next club on Sat evening when Sheff W beat Peterborough at home

5 in fact.

:?: Scunny aren't playing.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Jan 2010 08:40

howser The only people who dont seem to give a toss about our present position and what has happened over the past couple of years is the prick of an egomonster and his sidekicks !! Do they have any idea just how pissed off people are with them and with the complete drivel the egomonster comes out with, strong squad, great manager in charge what a load of bollox!!

If he had any thought on getting us out of this position he would have brought a new man in by now...........................what the hell was the point of getting rid of BR if we are not going to make any effort to replace him ?? another stupid decision, which undoubtdly was money driven.

This git is going to take us back where he found us, and will wallow in the glory ,when he finally goes, about during his time he took us to the premiership in what ever year it was.

WSF I've accepted relegation, just think it's so appalibg how Madejski is just allowing it to happan and doing fck all about it.
No ambition and cheapest option can only take you so far.

You should feel proud Mr Madejski for ruining our club!!

These two statements sum up my feelings. Sadly, what will be done about the situation? NOTHING. And what will the Reading fans do about it? EVEN LESS. FFS, we deserve to go down because our fans our noting but spineless shits. If we were any other club there would have been pitch invasions, riots, demos, the lot! You get what you deserve in life. Enjoy League 1 football next season suckers!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Jan 2010 08:41

Platypuss
LUX
Mid Sussex Royal Will be 4 points behind next club on Sat evening when Sheff W beat Peterborough at home

5 in fact.

:?: Scunny aren't playing.

ok, 4, sorry.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Jan 2010 08:49

Terminal Boardom
howser The only people who dont seem to give a toss about our present position and what has happened over the past couple of years is the prick of an egomonster and his sidekicks !! Do they have any idea just how pissed off people are with them and with the complete drivel the egomonster comes out with, strong squad, great manager in charge what a load of bollox!!

If he had any thought on getting us out of this position he would have brought a new man in by now...........................what the hell was the point of getting rid of BR if we are not going to make any effort to replace him ?? another stupid decision, which undoubtdly was money driven.

This git is going to take us back where he found us, and will wallow in the glory ,when he finally goes, about during his time he took us to the premiership in what ever year it was.

WSF I've accepted relegation, just think it's so appalibg how Madejski is just allowing it to happan and doing fck all about it.

These two statements sum up my feelings. Sadly, what will be done about the situation? NOTHING. And what will the Reading fans do about it? EVEN LESS. FFS, we deserve to go down because our fans our noting but spineless shits. If we were any other club there would have been pitch invasions, riots, demos, the lot! You get what you deserve in life. Enjoy League 1 football next season suckers!

Can you give some examples of pitch invasions riots and demos at clubs that have been in a similar situation to us because i'm struggling to think of any.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 20 Jan 2010 08:55

West Stand Flash I've accepted relegation, just think it's so appalibg how Madejski is just allowing it to happan and doing fck all about it.

---and just watch those season ticket renewals(or lack of) next season.
Oh for some 'proper' ambition in the transfer window. Who will be sold next??

russyb

by russyb » 20 Jan 2010 09:01

I know it looks bad at the moment, but am i the only one who still feels positive? I can see the improvement in the team under Mcd and am fairly sure in say 3-4 weeks time we will have picked up a number of points and getting ourselves to safety.
I think we are more than capable of staying in this division. And for the record i am not a RTG kind of person, i am certainly not Knee Jerk either, all of those calling for a new manager will fail to take on board it may take another month for the team to change again to new ideas systems etc whilst under the current caretaker things are just on the turn can anyone else feel this?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 20 Jan 2010 09:03

Terminal Boardom we deserve to go down because our fans our noting but spineless shits. If we were any other club there would have been pitch invasions, riots, demos, the lot!

Brilliant, then maybe we could be like those clubs people laugh at, with shirtless, overweight fans holding up tear-stained, homemade signs bearing general accusations and vague threats aimed at the directors.
Frankly, I'd rather stay with what we've long seemed to do - quiet grumbling about lack of ambition and direction coupled with envy at those neighbors who come into fortune and success (Pompey 2008) and schadenfreude at those whose boards have less financial control and find themselves financially f'ed (Pompey now). Forgive me for complacency, but while I enjoyed our brief period near the top, I'm just as happy to support a smallish club who revel in the occasional wonderful moment, such as an unexpected cup win over the Scousers.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 20 Jan 2010 09:07

Demo's etc...... wouldn' work with this egomonster he would just hear his name being shouted out and think everyone is supporting him, he is such a vain arse !!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jan 2010 09:08

In life during hard times you certainly know who your friends are, and without sounding too pompous, we will find out who are supporters and who are not, over the next four months.

I wanted an experienced manager to be appointed when Brendan was sacked, it looks like it is not going to happen, at least for the the next month or so anyway, so we have to get on with doing what real supporters do and support their team, not bitch like spoilt brats.

I'm not happy about where we are, who would be?! but we need to pull together to get out of it and show some class as fans.

and yeah whoever said it, if it means league 1 football next season then I will be a "sucker" still going to support my team.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Jan 2010 09:08

But the whole point of life is to iprove and continually improve. It is called evolution. We are more evostick at the moment and the stickyness is fast withering.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jan 2010 09:12

Congratulations if your life goes from success to success constantly without any occasional falls, what's your secret?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Jan 2010 09:13

Mr Optimist Congratulations if your life goes from success to success constantly without any occasional falls, what's your secret?

You call the last 2 years an occasional fail?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 20 Jan 2010 09:15

Terminal Boardom

Depends how long your memory is, doesn't it?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jan 2010 09:18

Terminal Boardom
Mr Optimist Congratulations if your life goes from success to success constantly without any occasional falls, what's your secret?

Over the near 20 years of Sir John's time as Chairman, yes. Especially given a 138 year history of which only about 12-14 seasons have been spent in the top two tiers of English football and all but two of these were in the last 15 years. Just trying to put some perspective.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 20 Jan 2010 09:25

So, Mr Mad is a driven by money money money and yet he doesn't give a toss about us going down when the club (and him) would lose even more money? Yeah, makes great sense...

Of course he gives a toss - and I'm pretty sure he knows how pissed off people are. I'm also sure he's not too happy with it either.

Mr Optimist In life during hard times you certainly know who your friends are, and without sounding too pompous, we will find out who are supporters and who are not, over the next four months.

I wanted an experienced manager to be appointed when Brendan was sacked, it looks like it is not going to happen, at least for the the next month or so anyway, so we have to get on with doing what real supporters do and support their team, not bitch like spoilt brats.

I'm not happy about where we are, who would be?! but we need to pull together to get out of it and show some class as fans.

and yeah whoever said it, if it means league 1 football next season then I will be a "sucker" still going to support my team.

Reading fans acting with class??!?! hahahhaha - the class of our fans has gone steadily downhill since Pardew (and success) came our way. There was a time we used to be "happy" to potter around in the bottom leagues (as that oft quoted phrase goes: "we've spent the vast majority of our time in the bottom two divisions") but now we've all gone Billy Big Bollocks and think we have a divine right to play top-level football and sign the best players and managers.

Agreed that Brian is not the perfect candidate but people need to consider that perhaps we couldn't afford anyone else. Ignore the wages that a new manager would command (I'd take it as read that as a long-serving employee of the club Brian is earning below market rate) but look at what a fresh face would want, primarily money in the transfer market which we simply don't have. Bleat all you want about lack of funds but if the money isn't there to pay the transfer fees AND the wages then we're fecked. Not as fecked as other clubs mind...

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 20 Jan 2010 09:31

But why should you feel happy to just plod along in the lower leagues.
It's no different to your job. Would u be happy to plod along on the same salary you started earning in your first FT job at 17 or whatever it was until you retired?? No. Everything wants to succeed in life and strive for better. That emplies to Football Clubs also, otherwise what's the point in Playing week in week out???

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Jan 2010 09:33

Mr Optimist In life during hard times you certainly know who your friends are, and without sounding too pompous, we will find out who are supporters and who are not, over the next four months.

although I am profoundly pissed off by the current league situation, this post encapsulates my feelings, of course.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Jan 2010 09:40

If we'd appointed a new manager after the Plymouth game, and his first 3 results had been a draw and a win against Liverpool, followed by a narrow loss against the form side in the league, what would have been the reaction then??? But apparently McD can't take any credit because he's a scout masquerading as a manager. :|

Just wondering here, but who does those calling for a new manager have in mind, taking into account our position, and financial status?

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 20 Jan 2010 09:42

West Stand Flash But why should you feel happy to just plod along in the lower leagues.
It's no different to your job. Would u be happy to plod along on the same salary you started earning in your first FT job at 17 or whatever it was until you retired?? No. Everything wants to succeed in life and strive for better. That emplies to Football Clubs also, otherwise what's the point in Playing week in week out???

I'm not saying be happy to plod along - yes it's great to strive for greater things but you need to add a bit of realism to that. I am currently in a job that I hate and would love to move on - but the current market conditions, new family to support, etc. stop me doing that. So yes, at the moment I "plod" along.

People seem to want this club to take huge risks - this is something we tried already which failed miserably and we're paying for that now with wage bills being slashed, players being sold, etc.

If the resources aren't there - which they blatantly aren't - then what should we do? Riots, demos and protests seems to be the limit of some peoples ideas. I'm amazed that a Facebook group hasn't already been created... :roll:

The facts are there for people to see - we, along with many other clubs, are cash-poor at the moment. This isn't going to change for quite a while so we will "plod" along.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jan 2010 09:44

I've said before that I would have liked Steve to come back at least until the end of the season and let BMc work alongside with a view to taking over the reigns properly in the summer. Steady the ship through stormy waters. Still think it is not too late to go down this route.

I thnk if everyone pulls together we will get out of trouble. The time for some analysis and for recriminations etc will be in the summer with hopefully us still in the Championship. A lesson learned and hopefully all a bit wiser for the experience.

218 posts