Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
dantheloyalroyal

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:05

Friday's Child Am I the only one who thinks Bundesliga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Championship in terms of showcasing your talents on the global football arena?
Probably. If coverage of the Bundesliga and Championship over here is anything to go by in terms of the worldwide coverage, then it's probably right to not think of the Bundesliga being a better platform than the Championship. At least not Hoffenheim, anyway.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:05

Ozymandias TBF, he wasn't that good. Wake up.
We have better players waiting,
Was he not the better player waiting?

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 31 Aug 2010 00:08

SJM on Gylfis new contract, 27th May, I hope this contract underpins our determination to progress in the forthcoming season and that it inspires fans to keep up their fantastic support

Gylfi on new contract, 27th May, I signed a new contract just a few months ago, and having been offered a new contract again now, I'd be stupid to go elsewhere.
This is very good news for me. I am playing every week and I am happy to stay for at least another year

SJM, 5th August, I am absolutely determined that we get back into the Premier League

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 31 Aug 2010 00:10

Ozymandias TBF, he wasn't that good. Wake up.
We have better players waiting,

You love asking for Banter don't you :lol:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 31 Aug 2010 00:11

dantheloyalroyal
Friday's Child Am I the only one who thinks Bundesliga >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Championship in terms of showcasing your talents on the global football arena?
Probably. If coverage of the Bundesliga and Championship over here is anything to go by in terms of the worldwide coverage, then it's probably right to not think of the Bundesliga being a better platform than the Championship. At least not Hoffenheim, anyway.

Maybe I'm being hopelessly naive, but I think it's just possible that top clubs have a scouting network which goes beyond watching the odd match on ESPN.

Saying that, I think the Bundesliga might just get slightly better coverage worldwide than the Championship does.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:14

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
dantheloyalroyal

Maybe I'm being hopelessly naive, but I think it's just possible that top clubs have a scouting network which goes beyond watching the odd match on ESPN.

Saying that, I think the Bundesliga might just get slightly better coverage worldwide than the Championship does.
I don't know, ESPN isn't cheap.

As for the coverage thing, I really don't have a clue. I was just saying if coverage here is anything to go by. I'm sure you, or anyone else on here is probably much more informed than I am.

Cookie

by Cookie » 31 Aug 2010 00:17

sandman Breaking news from the Hoffenheim Star website.

Sigurdsson rejektz Hofffenheim Moven

Der Redding Midvieldr Gylfi Sigurdsson az Rejektzered der moven te Hoppenhiemel. Der Zig az he izt noon in Ingerland vailed te agreez der perzonl deetils vit der Huffenhim cloob.

Der plyerz livlungg vish te pley fer fussballen Jientz Foolhmm voz alzo a factorz. Bith hooppenhim charmin Herr flick und minijer Volfgang Vartz ver zaid te bi dizzapinted vit ze plairz dezizion.

For those who can't read German Gylfi is holding out for a move to Fulham.

Tru vactzzzzzz inglanderzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's funny. :lol:

clauski

by clauski » 31 Aug 2010 00:18

This is simply outrageous. Gylfi was the one thing that made us anything other than mid table to relegation battle fodder. This he has already proven in the games this season. We would (and most likely will) be Bottom 3 without him, he really was a class above this league and we needed that. At least he's left us with a sublime goal on Saturday.

I don't think it matters who (if anyone) we bring in - they won't make up for this loss. Madejski has clearly decided that he's missed his chance to sell on the club, the parachute payments have gone and his cloth is lower league. We're cutting and I don't think this will be the end, in fact he'll happily take us back to where we came believing he's left a legacy in the stadium and our premiership memories.

What bugs me is that cynical old me says the contract signing in the Summer was a pure sham to secure season ticket sales and now they're done he's off. Disgraceful.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:20

clauski What bugs me is that cynical old me says the contract signing in the Summer was a pure sham to secure season ticket sales and now they're done he's off. Disgraceful.
I'd love to know how many people bought season tickets just to see Sigurdsson :lol:

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 31 Aug 2010 00:24

dantheloyalroyal
clauski What bugs me is that cynical old me says the contract signing in the Summer was a pure sham to secure season ticket sales and now they're done he's off. Disgraceful.
I'd love to know how many people bought season tickets just to see Sigurdsson :lol:

:-)
Fair point, but it did indicate the football from the end of 09/10 would continue in 10/11.

(though looking back there were an awful lot of those games we could have drawn/lost)...

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 31 Aug 2010 00:24

Secured a few sales of Sigurdsson replica shirts as well before he was sold as well. That will pay for a pair of diamond earrings for Cilla.

clauski

by clauski » 31 Aug 2010 00:25

dantheloyalroyal

It's not about buying them to see him, it's about the foolhardy notion that the club may have been semi-serious in their desire to push forwards. Sigurdssons deal was held up as an example of our progressive nature and commitment to get back to the Premiership - clearly this was a load of old bollox. Fortunately this is the first year in the last 15 or so I've not had a season ticket and whereas I was initially disappointed by this, each week it looks a better and better decision.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:26

Horsham Royal
dantheloyalroyal

:-)
Fair point, but it meant there was slightly more chance of the football from the end of 09/10 continuing in 10/11, although this was never likely to happen.

(though looking back there were an awful lot of those games we could have drawn/lost)...
Fixed?

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 31 Aug 2010 00:26

looks like matty fryatt will be the only new player coming in. No CB??? :shock:

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:27

clauski
dantheloyalroyal

It's not about buying them to see him, it's about the foolhardy notion that the club may have been semi-serious in their desire to push forwards. Sigurdssons deal was held up as an example of our progressive nature and commitment to get back to the Premiership - clearly this was a load of old bollox. Fortunately this is the first year in the last 15 or so I've not had a season ticket and whereas I was initially disappointed by this, each week it looks a better and better decision.
I take your point. Still, Sigurdsson hasn't actually gone yet...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2010 00:30

Royals-lad14 looks like matty fryatt will be the only new player coming in. No CB??? :shock:

:cry: Matty Fryatt :cry: .we're alll dooooomed.

fozzy

by fozzy » 31 Aug 2010 00:31

Get a new chairman : one who isn't dead above the neck
and before anyone asks : I actually don't care who would take over, I am SO bored of Madejski now that after 42 years as a supporter I feel like giving up, so I can't be bothered with the 'why' 'who would' 'whats he done for us' questions

so... Get a new chairman : one who isn't dead above the neck
or a money grabbing c n u t

i hope cilla's new t i t s explode

or whatever he's spent the money on

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 00:33

Royals-lad14 looks like matty fryatt will be the only new player coming in. No CB??? :shock:

Source? Since when did you know anything? You've only just stopped using other members avatars!

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 31 Aug 2010 00:34

dantheloyalroyal Fixed?

Perfectly. Thank you. :D

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 31 Aug 2010 00:35

Kitson12

Source? Since when did you know anything? You've only just stopped using other members avatars!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r_6million

1419 posts