Loanees

Crowthorne Royal

Loanees

by Crowthorne Royal » 22 Sep 2010 11:04

Having had a read through of this seasons posts I get the distinct feeling that a number of us are feeling very let down.

I am not here to debate SJM's lack of interest or is Brian Mac good enough etc. However I would really like to understand why we don't seem 'active' in the loans market, particularly from Premiership clubs.

After the 25 man squad rule this season it should mean that there are a number of top youngsters hungry for a chance to prove themselves at a club like ours.

2 examples:

James Vaughan Everton to C Palace - scored a hat trick on his second appearance. Why could he not have come to RFC ? Palace haven't got any money so the 'low wages @ Reading' argument doesn't stack up.

Scott Sinclair - Chelseas to Swansea. No prizes for guessing why he's gone to Wales....our old friend and great footballing man ( :roll: ) Brendan. Pivotal in their victory on Saturday and in last nights CC game where he scored a hat trick.

Brian says that if there was anything better than our strike force (1 goal in 7 games between them) out there he would go and get it??

I am perplexed as to how he can stand on the touchline and not see what we are seeing which is a toothless attack, so why no changes?

Shane Long has had more chances than Joey Barton to impress and he rarely does. Church doesn't seem to ever improve and Noel Hunt whilst being a good player he needs a) a new body as his existing one doesn't work very well! and b) decent players around him to bring out the best in him. Our strike force is pretty much therefore Jimmy Kebe.

Can someone explain to me why we are not pro active and go and get ourselves some of this young talent ???

We are heading for a place probably just above the relegation three and it's only mid September...why ??

sheshnu

Re: Loanees

by sheshnu » 22 Sep 2010 11:34

Don't recall Church or Hunt starting too many times this season, maybe a bit daft to write either of them off just yet. Agree that Long is perhaps starting to outstay his welcome in the starting line up; if he scores a couple on Saturday though it will all have been worth it.

An extra loan striker might be nice, but I don't know who is available (I'm sure McDermott does, though).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Sep 2010 11:35

Scott Sinclair isn't a loan signing.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 22 Sep 2010 11:50

Scott Sinclair cost between £500k and £1m and broke Swansea's transfer record. Plus he was pretty shit at Wigan.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Sep 2010 12:17

id guess that BM isnt interested in loans we have no chance of signing
and is happy to wait till jan to supplement the squad, giving the players we have the time, and confidence required to live up to potential.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 22 Sep 2010 14:01

The view is that there are no players available on loan from PL clubs who are any better than the players we have already.

I think the key word in that is "available"

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Sep 2010 14:16

Vaughan was available and better than what as have (in my opinion) but we apparently turned down the chance to have him.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 22 Sep 2010 14:19

So I guess the manager disagrees with your opinion.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Sep 2010 14:23

It would worry me if he did!!!

More likely I think it's a combination of cost and, as brandy alluded to, a preference for our own long term players over short term loanees.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Sep 2010 15:41

twice in one day ive been referred to as brandy on seperate forums

i quite like it, shes my sexy black femenine alter ego

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 22 Sep 2010 16:59

SS - yes you're right he has been purchased, my mistake. Nevertheless facts still remain that there are people out there that Brian is blind to as he just wants to develop our 'talent'
Youth & Experience in most walks of life is a winning combination, The N Power Championship is no different. You could argue we have experience, true but we need it in a front man / goalscorer not defenders!!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Sep 2010 17:23

Right players at the right prices.

Would be suprised if Vaughn wasn't on at least 10k. 60% of that plus a loan fee. Would all add up.

The problem is that a club like Palace can.

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 22 Sep 2010 17:28

Er, this is the same Palace that have nearly gone bust more than once and Warnock left because he got a) a better offer and b) he had to sell all his best players??

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Sep 2010 17:38

There. Is. No. Money. Unless. The. Manager. Goes. To. sqeaky. And. Says. He. Needs. To. Bring. In. Some. New. Faces.

FFS why the same old rubbish threads every week or so?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Sep 2010 17:42

Crowthorne Royal Er, this is the same Palace that have nearly gone bust more than once and Warnock left because he got a) a better offer and b) he had to sell all his best players??

Yeah that's the problem trying to run the club the way we are. EVEN a club like Palace have more spending power.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Sep 2010 18:27

Terminal Boardom There. Is. No. Money. Unless. The. Manager. Goes. To. sqeaky. And. Says. He. Needs. To. Bring. In. Some. New. Faces.

FFS why the same old rubbish threads every week or so?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 23 Sep 2010 14:11

Looking at some of the Premier Carling Cup squads I wonder if Nile Ranger at Newcastle and Ben Watson at Wigan would be available.
The first is strong with a lot of potential,the second is a very good Championship level midfielder who may just be below Premiership class.
I don't like the loan system but it exists and our manager has already said that is the area we will be operating in.
I think,like Watson ,Ranger is a Southerner so ,like Brian Howard, :cry: they might like the idea of coming back down south and playing regularly in the first team.
We could definitely do with them.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Sep 2010 14:24

I think these are the type of players we should still be sniffing around BR, but as much of a handful Ranger has looked whenever I've seen him, I don't think he'd walk into our side as he's another bamby on ice and lacks the quality we need to improve on Long/Church/Hunt.

Watson would be a good addition, but at the same time I still think we need a bit of a midfield general than another pretty boy. He's certainly better than what we've got though.

I'd still love to see Jason Roberts come in on loan as the answer upfront, but it seems there's no way we're going to be able to afford him.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 23 Sep 2010 14:30

Hoop Blah Watson would be a good addition, but at the same time I still think we need a bit of a midfield general than another pretty boy.

Ben Watson is ten, if not twenty, times the player Brian Howard is. He is an excellent player at this level with decent technical ability and will also get stuck in if needed.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Sep 2010 14:43

McDermott and Nicky were apparently at the Chelsea game last night. Could have been looking at Ranger.