Back from the game - Ipswich

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game - Ipswich

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2011 17:37

Hilarious... a tongue in cheek chant belittling a player after he makes a mistake. I'm sure he got the joke.

You thought HRK & Howard were good, but still put them down and complained? What do you do when they aren't good, lynch them from the nearest floodlight? :roll:

royal jonesy91

by royal jonesy91 » 09 Mar 2011 17:40

Really don't believe what I read on here sometimes... Complaining/ actually insulting people just because there singing at a football match is completely beyond me.. Thought it was all part and parcel of actually going... Considering by you're posts I can imagine what u are like though and you obviously have far too much time on ya hands during the day... Don't like it why not try sitting in a box at future games..

Super Royals

by Super Royals » 09 Mar 2011 17:48

royal jonesy91 Really don't believe what I read on here sometimes... Complaining/ actually insulting people just because there singing at a football match is completely beyond me.. Thought it was all part and parcel of actually going... Considering by you're posts I can imagine what u are like though and you obviously have far too much time on ya hands during the day... Don't like it why not try sitting in a box at future games..

^^^ Well said that man! :wink:

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 09 Mar 2011 17:50

Personally, is there any point in going to an away match if you're not going to sing?! The onus is always on the home team to take the game so I'm sure plenty of fans go to away games for the trip/experience/to visit a new ground and of course to see the team win, but the likelihood of us winning is less than at home games, so why not enjoy the match and sing? It's painful going to home matches and witnessing a team in silence so why not make up for it away from home?

Onto the abuse- I went to the Palace match the other week and was near the top- the majority of fans were fine, a few angry shouts at players who they/we felt should not have been in the team and making the mistakes they were making (that's fine and to show ure annoyance I agree with). However there was this one fan (pretty fat young chap, probably posts on here) who after just one minute (we just let in the first goal) let out such a torrent of abuse at literally the whole team, the palace fans, that a load of us turned around. I think that was bang out of order. After that moment, literally every time one of our players lost the ball, instead of the usual groan, another torrent of abuse would follow. It was pretty annoying to be honest. Rant over but I hope I'm never near that chap again because that's not "supporting the club" is it!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 09 Mar 2011 18:13

handbags_harris I will not be told how to support my team, particularly by a load of chavvy kids who, were I a footballer, aren't old enough to clean my boots.

I'm loving the preconception that a) I'm a chav (as were the rest of the fans who were singing with me), not true in the slightest for any of us. And b) that I'm a kid. I'm 21, have a degree, and a job. Of my fellow supporters, one fell into the category of "kid" at 15, the rest, were all above the age of 19, in fact several were over the age of 35.
So in future, you've no right to be making presumptions as such.

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 09 Mar 2011 19:00

bigmike I did read the word Swindon today and it made me laugh... link below

http://tinyurl.com/4s7ko

Surely a little bit of sympathy is called for? No...? OK then - enjoy losing to Oxf*rd next season, you cnuts!!! :lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Mar 2011 19:49

Kitson12
handbags_harris I will not be told how to support my team, particularly by a load of chavvy kids who, were I a footballer, aren't old enough to clean my boots.

I'm loving the preconception that a) I'm a chav (as were the rest of the fans who were singing with me), not true in the slightest for any of us. And b) that I'm a kid. I'm 21, have a degree, and a job. Of my fellow supporters, one fell into the category of "kid" at 15, the rest, were all above the age of 19, in fact several were over the age of 35.

Could've fooled me old boy, but then again I didn't turn to face you.

royal jonesy91 Really don't believe what I read on here sometimes... Complaining/ actually insulting people just because there singing at a football match is completely beyond me.. Thought it was all part and parcel of actually going... Considering by you're posts I can imagine what u are like though and you obviously have far too much time on ya hands during the day... Don't like it why not try sitting in a box at future games..

Mate, in future please try and use some intelligence and try to grasp what it is that I am actually saying before you respond. My problem isn't with chanting at football matches. It was what was chanted last night.

As for your latter points, well you just carry on thinking that matey :lol: There are plenty on here who will back up my assertion that your opinion formulated by a mere post on here is wholly and entirely wrong.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 09 Mar 2011 20:27

Right, handbags, I apologise for the chants last night, I feel that most of the things we were singing were positive, you didn't, and I'm sorry for that. We were merely trying to get an atmosphere going and a bit of rappor with our fellow fans.
I don't to create a rift among fans that went last night. So I apologise to anyone that was offended or annoyed. But doesn't mean I'm going to change my ways completely. It's not often I get the chance to start chants frankly.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2011 20:31

Kitson12 Right, handbags, I apologise for the chants last night, I feel that most of the things we were singing were positive, you didn't, and I'm sorry for that. We were merely trying to get an atmosphere going and a bit of rappor with our fellow fans.
I don't to create a rift among fans that went last night. So I apologise to anyone that was offended or annoyed. But doesn't mean I'm going to change my ways completely. It's not often I get the chance to start chants frankly.

Start a chant for Armstrong on Sunday, to make up for it.... :wink:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 09 Mar 2011 20:42

Royal Lady
Kitson12 Right, handbags, I apologise for the chants last night, I feel that most of the things we were singing were positive, you didn't, and I'm sorry for that. We were merely trying to get an atmosphere going and a bit of rappor with our fellow fans.

Start a chant for Armstrong on Sunday, to make up for it.... :wink:

:D We did one last night, "There's only one Chris Armstrong" but we'll do more on Sunday.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 09 Mar 2011 23:52

When the first thing my brother tells me about the game is the prats at the back when he walks through the door last night it sums up how pathetic you must of been. You're lucky i weren't there last night as i wouldn't of held back and told you face to face unlike most of our supporters most of whom i'd imagine were the hardcore regulars who go week in and week out and shouldn't have to listen to rubbish from you.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 09 Mar 2011 23:56

Compo's Hat When the first thing my brother tells me about the game is the prats at the back when he walks through the door last night it sums up how pathetic you must of been. You're lucky i weren't there last night as i wouldn't of held back and told you face to face unlike most of our supporters most of whom i'd imagine were the hardcore regulars who go week in and week out and shouldn't have to listen to rubbish from you.

I go week in week out. Have missed maybe 2 home and away games this season. So what bracket does that put me in?

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Mar 2011 00:01

Kitson12

For the record, I'm 18. I'm hoping you confused me for being 19 instead of confusing me as a 15 year old ;)

Since everyone seems to be going on about the chanting and songs (surprising considering just how well Reading played), I'll start there. I personally didn't see anything "tongue and cheek" in the chants toward HRK and Howard. HRK had a very solid game, probably his best in a Reading shirt and although Howard was off the pace the whole night, there's no reason to start chanting about it. It's quite amazing that there were more anti-Howard songs than there were anti-referee ones. As for chants directed toward other Reading fans, the most prominent one was "bottom half, give us a song" and that was only sung three times max. I seem to remember one guy a few rows down turn around and take the chant as if it were a joke. Other than the one guy who said a few times how pathetic everyone was a few times, everyone seemed to be singing just for a bit of a laugh.

Onto the game. Reading dominated the first half, Ipswich had the better of the second but never really looked convincing. At Everton a week ago, it was a constant worry that when Everton were on the ball they'd score - they looked threatening. In comparison, Ipswich just didn't. Lots of possession, but no real bite. As I said previously, Howard look slow throughout, but otherwise everyone had solid games. Arguably HRK's best game in a Reading shirt to date and on that performance probably deserves a place in the side ahead of Kebe (on his current performances). Gunnarsson put in another great performance, including one sprint back in the second half to dispossess whoever was on the left of Ipswich. Made up so much ground so quickly - made Kebe and Long look mediocre in their sprint speeds. Long put in his usually high effort levels and a performance to match. Ingimarsson looked much improved from the Palace game when he came on and Harte continues to improve. McCarthy looked solid throughout and more commanding than before. However, the goal was definitely his mistake. Started to come out and ended up in no-mans land. Leigertwood, Karacan and Khizanishvili all looked sound in their roles.

The set of officials were one of the worst I've seen this season.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 00:02

dantheloyalroyal
Kitson12

For the record, I'm 18. I'm hoping you confused me for being 19 instead of confusing me as a 15 year old ;)

No :D The 15 year old I referred to was one of my mates, so don't worry! :P

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 00:04

Kitson12
Compo's Hat When the first thing my brother tells me about the game is the prats at the back when he walks through the door last night it sums up how pathetic you must of been. You're lucky i weren't there last night as i wouldn't of held back and told you face to face unlike most of our supporters most of whom i'd imagine were the hardcore regulars who go week in and week out and shouldn't have to listen to rubbish from you.

I go week in week out. Have missed maybe 2 home and away games this season. So what bracket does that put me in?

The dead head bracket

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104729

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Mar 2011 00:07

Kitson12 No :D The 15 year old I referred to was one of my mates, so don't worry! :P

Kitson12 I'm loving the preconception that a) I'm a chav (as were the rest of the fans who were singing with me), not true in the slightest for any of us. And b) that I'm a kid. I'm 21, have a degree, and a job. Of my fellow supporters, one fell into the category of "kid" at 15, the rest, were all above the age of 19, in fact several were over the age of 35. And one was definitely 18.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 00:09

dantheloyalroyal
Kitson12 No :D The 15 year old I referred to was one of my mates, so don't worry! :P

Kitson12 I'm loving the preconception that a) I'm a chav (as were the rest of the fans who were singing with me), not true in the slightest for any of us. And b) that I'm a kid. I'm 21, have a degree, and a job. Of my fellow supporters, one fell into the category of "kid" at 15, the rest, were all above the age of 19, in fact several were over the age of 35. And one was definitely 18.

:P Ta!

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 10 Mar 2011 00:41

So if you don't want to sing, you shouldn't turn up? What an astonishing sentiment.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2011 07:56

We should all sing.

I vote that anyone over 25 sings a very tasteful hymn
and at Xmas we can sing carols. Come on chaps!

The HobNob Male Voice Choir

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 10 Mar 2011 08:02

Snowball We should all sing.

I vote that anyone over 25 sings a very tasteful hymn
and at Xmas we can sing carols. Come on chaps!

The HobNob Male Voice Choir

Sexist.