QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: QPR points deduction?

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2011 19:53

Does that mean if they don't get points deducted WE can sue because we might have gone up if we hadn't lost to QPR and the other results to come go our way? You know, like if we were 3 points off a play-off place come the end of the season?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 09 Mar 2011 19:56

God I would LOVE this.

I've really come hate smug Warnock much more than unstable Warnock :x

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Mar 2011 19:58

I doubt it, we aren't a position to go up via anything but the play offs.

It will be clubs floating fighting for 2nd and 3rd that have the case biggest case to be heard.

If they were to remove them from their competition and void all their results I wonder impact that would have on our league position ...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Mar 2011 19:59

My dad seems to remember that Swindon got done for some sort of paperwork irregularities and were summarily relegated, despite having won the league.

Their issue was money but principle is the same, the paper work filed was fraudulent.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2011 20:00

Would be absolutely hilarious if it did happen. I bet Swansea et al will fight for that verdict too knowing that another auto spot is potentially up for grabs.

IIRC a team got docked 5 pts for this a few yrs back can't remember who though..

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 09 Mar 2011 20:02

Royal Lady Does that mean if they don't get points deducted WE can sue because we might have gone up if we hadn't lost to QPR and the other results to come go our way? You know, like if we were 3 points off a play-off place come the end of the season?

Like I stated earlier... as Shef Utd to West Ham and won then the teams close to promotion would have a case if points were not deducted from QPR.

We all know what will happen though...

...The decision will come as the season draws to an end and qpr when they are 9 points off of 3rd place so they get deducted 8 points and get promoted and nobody can sue the rich boys.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2011 20:03

londinium
Royal Lady Does that mean if they don't get points deducted WE can sue because we might have gone up if we hadn't lost to QPR and the other results to come go our way? You know, like if we were 3 points off a play-off place come the end of the season?

Like I stated earlier... as Shef Utd to West Ham and won then the teams close to promotion would have a case if points were not deducted from QPR.

We all know what will happen though...

...The decision will come as the season draws to an end and qpr are 9 points off of 3rd place so they get deducted 8 pointsand get promoted and nobody can sue the rich boys.

Could be interesting if they have a mini-wobble & there's only 3-4 pts in it though...

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Mar 2011 20:05

Not bothered either way really. Whatever the outcome I doubt it'll have much impact on our chances of the play-offs, I still feel our form is a little too late and remaining unbeaten until the seasons end is out of the question.

As for QPR, a points deduction is deserved but it could let in Cardiff, and for that reason I hope they get fined or a 12 month transfer ban.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 09 Mar 2011 20:07

It would push us up 1 position surely jay?

If we finish 7th without any points reduction, we would then actually be in 6th

Unless of course the points reduction just means they end up in the playoffs and Cardiff and Swansea get the automatic slots.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2011 20:09

ZacNaloen It would push us up 1 position surely jay?

If we finish 7th without any points reduction, we would then actually be in 6th

Unless of course the points reduction just means they end up in the playoffs and Cardiff and Swansea get the automatic slots.

I highly doubt they'd have more than 10 pts chalked off. Reckon they'd still end up 3rd or 4th & it won't have an impact on us at all.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 09 Mar 2011 20:14

ZacNaloen My dad seems to remember that Swindon got done for some sort of paperwork irregularities and were summarily relegated, despite having won the league.

Their issue was money but principle is the same, the paper work filed was fraudulent.

Swindon received a double relegation which was reduced to a single relegation on appeal.
QPR are in deep trouble here. The timing of the tribunal could cause chaos if it happens over the next month or so.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Mar 2011 20:16

PEARCEY
ZacNaloen My dad seems to remember that Swindon got done for some sort of paperwork irregularities and were summarily relegated, despite having won the league.

Swindon received a double relegation which was reduced to a single relegation on appeal.
QPR are in deep trouble here. The timing of the tribunal could cause chaos if it happens over the next month or so.

Wow!! Didn't realise that. Wonder when the hearing etc will be? Surely they have to act pretty swiftly given where they are in the table?
Quite entertaining I must say. :lol:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 09 Mar 2011 20:33

the issue with third party ownership is to do with the FA as the FL didn't have third party ownership regulations at the time of the transfer.

However, the issue of fraudulent papers will be massive, as they knowingly did it to register him with the FL, when he signed originally and at the point of his contract renewal.

Personally i think with the precedent of tevezg8 they will be be deducted points, as it is over the course of 4 seasons.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2011 20:34

gazzer, loyal royal the issue with third party ownership is to do with the FA as the FL didn't have third party ownership regulations at the time of the transfer.

However, the issue of fraudulent papers will be massive, as they knowingly did it to register him with the FL, when he signed originally and at the point of his contract renewal.

Personally i think with the precedent of tevezg8 they will be be deducted points, as it is over the course of 4 seasons.

Well, if it is points it should be enough to remove them from the top 6 imo.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Mar 2011 20:35

Colin Wan ker reacts to 39-point reduction verdict against QPR:

Colin Wan ker reacts to all charges against QPR being dropped by the FA:

The thought of Colin going completely lipstick over this has made my day!

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 09 Mar 2011 20:36

Alejandro Faurlin is a quality player, presumably Warnock now won't risk playing him. Could start a wobble for them with him out...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 09 Mar 2011 20:37

Wizard Alejandro Faurlin is a quality player, presumably Warnock now won't risk playing him. Could start a wobble for them with him out...

He has been safe to play him since January of this year, the FA let QPR buy out this third party then.

So it's only really for half the season that he has been ineligible. And possibly all of last season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2011 20:43

Wasn't the Swindon case something to do with betting?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 09 Mar 2011 20:46

Illegal payments to players, sounds like tax dodging

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 09 Mar 2011 20:46

Me and my mate have a pound a point bet on QPR and Reading every year, so any deduction will be much appreciated

1341 posts